• 2 Post By nicholsmf
  • 1 Post By snout
  • 1 Post By Treader
  • 1 Post By nicholsmf

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 09-13-2018, 05:27 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Offroad Evolution JK Half Doors

When looking at half buying some half doors I was interested in the Offroad Evolution doors. I couldn't find many pics at all of the doors. Most of the pics I could find were of show Jeeps and I knew those pics were not a realistic representation of how they would look on my JK.

Anyway, I bought them and figured I would post of some pics for others who might be looking to see what they actually look like before they buy them and also post my opinion of them.

My opinion - Exactly what I wanted. Lightweight, perfect fit, and a quality latch mechanism that doesn't rattle at all.

Construction - The doors are multiple piece doors when you get them. The main part of the door is an aluminum sheet with a lip formed on the bottom. The top armrest piece is a separate formed piece that attached with about 10 included button head cap screws and nuts. The hinges come with the doors and attach like any JK hinge with included hardware. The latch mechanisms also attached with button head cap screw that are provided.

Finish - The hinges and latches come powder coated so I left them as the came. The door panel I had painted stone white to match the Jeep. The armrest piece I sprayed with Plastidip because I've found it to be pretty dang durable with multiple coats and it provides a slightly grippy surface but not a rough surface.

Interior side - no door panels or anything. Just the other side of the metal and the exposed latch mechanism. Some might not like this. It's fine with me. I plan to plastidip the interior side of the doors at some point - or not. Time will tell.

Mirrors - They do accept mirrors. I went cheap (hate it when I do that) and bought a $100 set of mirrors from Extreme Terrain. Don't remember the manufacturer but they are some Chinese MOPAR knockoffs. They don't fit at all. Could be the doors, but I'm familiar with Offroad Evolution quality so I assume the fit issues are the cheap mirrors I bought. I'll order a set of mirrors from the dealership soon and see how they fit.

Anyway, here's a few pics from different angles. Again, I just wanted to share some thoughts and mostly some pics of what they look like on a normal persons Jeep, not a $85K show Jeep.

Hope this is helpful to someone trying to make a choice on what door they want.

2qik2see and sheaa47 like this.

2010 JK - Rock Krawler 2.5 Max Travel Kit - Fox 2.0 IFP Shocks - 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers - Genright Aluminum Tire Carrier - Poison Spyder Front and Rear BFH Bumpers - Warn M8000 - VKS Fab Sliders - Offroad Evolution Full Skids - Teraflex Sleeves - ARTEC Truss - EVO C Gussets - Synergy Bumpstops - JKS Control Arm Skids - Rigid 10" E-Series Light Bar and SRM Backup Lights - ARB Compressor w/ 5 Gallon Viair Tank - Offroad Evolution Half Doors
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 09-13-2018, 05:39 PM
Granite Guru

Looks damn good!
Thanks for the review...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
post #3 of 13 Old 09-13-2018, 05:39 PM

They look great!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 09-13-2018, 08:16 PM
you can go piss up a rope

Jesus has those doors on his Jeep.
nocoastfocus likes this.
post #5 of 13 Old 09-14-2018, 05:38 AM
Cod
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via MSN to Cod

I like the use of the plasti dip, nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
We liked you better when we didn't know you. If you just fucked off we could go back to not giving a shit about you.
post #6 of 13 Old 09-14-2018, 07:41 AM
JKO Addict!

pics of the interior side?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 13 Old 09-14-2018, 02:08 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

2010 JK - Rock Krawler 2.5 Max Travel Kit - Fox 2.0 IFP Shocks - 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers - Genright Aluminum Tire Carrier - Poison Spyder Front and Rear BFH Bumpers - Warn M8000 - VKS Fab Sliders - Offroad Evolution Full Skids - Teraflex Sleeves - ARTEC Truss - EVO C Gussets - Synergy Bumpstops - JKS Control Arm Skids - Rigid 10" E-Series Light Bar and SRM Backup Lights - ARB Compressor w/ 5 Gallon Viair Tank - Offroad Evolution Half Doors

Last edited by nicholsmf; 09-15-2018 at 06:10 PM.
post #8 of 13 Old 09-14-2018, 03:01 PM
JKO Addict!

Interesting so based on the interior pic, there is no bow to the door correct other than the bend at top? JK doors although appearing square actually have contour both front and back and top to bottom. Wondering if this has the same and if it does how its holding its shape.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 13 Old 09-14-2018, 03:49 PM
Rock God

I like that the skin on these can be painted. I have the Strike Force Zebra doors (pretty sure that company is defunct) and they have the same orange peel finish of the standard fender flares. It would look like dog shit trying to paint that.

Only issue I would have with these is that open hole on the bottom. Putting stuff under the seat would be visible. You know prying eyes.
coilrod likes this.

2010 2 door manual sport
post #10 of 13 Old 09-14-2018, 05:30 PM
Rock God

look great! Can the bottom gap session be filled? Ie use a cool plexyglass kinda approach?

post #11 of 13 Old 09-14-2018, 05:33 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALASHA View Post
Interesting so based on the interior pic, there is no bow to the door correct other than the bend at top? JK doors although appearing square actually have contour both front and back and top to bottom. Wondering if this has the same and if it does how its holding its shape.
No bow but a couple of bends in the door that are hard to see in the pics I posted. Here's a pic I found that shows them better.

Attached Images

2qik2see likes this.

Last edited by nicholsmf; 09-15-2018 at 06:12 PM.
post #12 of 13 Old 09-15-2018, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by geberhard View Post
look great! Can the bottom gap session be filled? Ie use a cool plexyglass kinda approach?
EVO made a plate to fill the opening but Im not sure they actually sell it. I like it open so I never really looked for it but saw it in a couple pics.

post #13 of 13 Old 10-05-2018, 10:47 AM

Looks like I will be spending more money.

Thanks for sharing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode