• 1 Post By Cod
  • 1 Post By Uncle Sams Misguided Child
  • 1 Post By j3ff3ry_j33p
  • 1 Post By 2qik2see

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 01-09-2018, 06:35 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

"Chunk" build..

Ok, so I call my JK "Chunk". Long story short, movie: The Goonies, rumble strips all over Tampa, occupants in Jeep doing the Truffel Shuffle = "Chunk".
Chunk is a 2016 Rubicon JK. He's a manual. Pretty stock so far..the following items I've done so far:

1) Webasto Throwback Top. Luv it..period!
2) SpiderShade..scraped, didn't fit so good. Alien Shade now..WAY better f'it!
3) Inspired Engineering Evo II Worx LED Headlights and LED fogs. Dollar for dollar, the best add-on. Excellent product, customer support (Sami) and warranty.
4) Team Tech Off-Road S-Tech switch system. Not yet installed but first impression: Oh Yeah! Very nice and well made product. So far customer support (Scott) has been awesome!
5) Bolt Hood lock and mesh grill insert. Bolt was great and ez install. Mesh grill from Amazon, not so much. Had to cut up and piece back together.
6) Cheap grab handles..ok, I'm on a budget. Still, the Opar grabs are holding up well.
7) Tuffy Security glove box. This thing is a beast! Definitely not the "shittybilt" version. I know, I had that one first. Pardon the WF.com..lol

Got many many more mods planned. Thanks for ALL the help and advice I've gotten from here. It really helps..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Last edited by 2qik2see; 01-09-2018 at 06:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 01-10-2018, 05:56 AM
Cod
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via MSN to Cod

Nice Jeep!

There's so many aftermarkets making the same products anymore, the top ie BesTop, Switch ie S-Pod and so on.

I do stick with SpiderShade just due to the fact Alien Shade is Chinese replica
2qik2see likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
We liked you better when we didn't know you. If you just fucked off we could go back to not giving a shit about you.
post #3 of 8 Old 01-10-2018, 06:55 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Did you talk with spidershade and explain to them the problems? I have had one on my JKU for about 6 years now and it is perfect. Even in the Arizona sun after all these years.
2qik2see likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 01-31-2018, 11:23 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cod View Post
Nice Jeep!

There's so many aftermarkets making the same products anymore, the top ie BesTop, Switch ie S-Pod and so on.

I do stick with SpiderShade just due to the fact Alien Shade is Chinese replica
Thx! Yeah, the Black Forest Thowback was out first I believe then Bestop came out. I have been told there's a suit going on between them. I can tell ya tho, the Black Forest only took 10-15 minutes to install and it's been completely problem free. I really like the S-tech. Very similar to the Spod but 1/2 the price and it's made in CO. The customer service there was absolutely amazing.

post #5 of 8 Old 01-31-2018, 11:45 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
Did you talk with spidershade and explain to them the problems? I have had one on my JKU for about 6 years now and it is perfect. Even in the Arizona sun after all these years.
I really liked the SpiderShade and I did try to contact them but I never got a call back. I replaced the spiderball things but that didn't help much at all. The dealer I bought it from said that's how they fit. Honestly, I think they sent me a shade for a JKU instead of a JK. It's just for the front seat area however I think there's a difference. The dealer said they are the same. The Alien Shade fits much tighter..no flap or buffering at all.

post #6 of 8 Old 01-31-2018, 12:05 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I was thinking about adding the Poison Spyder vented hood cutout..or Hyline vented hood cutout. Not worried about cutn the hood, worried about water getting in after it's installed. You guys have any suggestions on this?

post #7 of 8 Old 01-31-2018, 04:57 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

the JK/JKU engine bay is considered a "wet"underhood; in other words, it is expected that moisture and water will basically get everywhere. In use within it;s natural environment, it will get wet,
too.

I have 14" rectangular hood vents running down both sides of my hood and have since 2012. It doesn't ever really get any water from those but does from underneath. I seal all of the gasket o-ring around the fuse box and the connectors to the TIPM and ECU with high quality silicone grease made for electronics just as a failsafe. I think I have it surrounding the airbox seal run, as well as running a pre-filter over the drop-in Afe Pro-Dry S filter, but I am hyper cautious and those have no real need to be over sealed in such a manner.

you could stand over the engine bay and hose it down as long as you don't get in down into the airbox ( then run it with H2O in it ..you'd need to let the water out first) & you'd be just cleaning stuff ; such action is of no detriment to the Wranglers engine bay. Same for inside.

2qik2see likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by j3ff3ry_j33p; 01-31-2018 at 05:00 PM.
post #8 of 8 Old 02-04-2018, 12:32 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ff3ry_j33p View Post
the JK/JKU engine bay is considered a "wet"underhood; in other words, it is expected that moisture and water will basically get everywhere. In use within it;s natural environment, it will get wet,
too.

I have 14" rectangular hood vents running down both sides of my hood and have since 2012. It doesn't ever really get any water from those but does from underneath. I seal all of the gasket o-ring around the fuse box and the connectors to the TIPM and ECU with high quality silicone grease made for electronics just as a failsafe. I think I have it surrounding the airbox seal run, as well as running a pre-filter over the drop-in Afe Pro-Dry S filter, but I am hyper cautious and those have no real need to be over sealed in such a manner.

you could stand over the engine bay and hose it down as long as you don't get in down into the airbox ( then run it with H2O in it ..you'd need to let the water out first) & you'd be just cleaning stuff ; such action is of no detriment to the Wranglers engine bay. Same for inside.

Thanks j3ff3ry_j33p! Definitely feel a lot more confident doing this now..thx man!!

j3ff3ry_j33p likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode