Chief Blue JK Pic Request - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By snout

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 10-12-2017, 02:21 PM Thread Starter

Chief Blue JK Pic Request

Hey all, apologies but wasn't sure which forum to post this in. I've just order an '18 JK in Chief Blue and am debating whether to try to add chrome wheels and grill, or to go black. There aren't a lot of pics online of jeeps in chief blue so was hoping folks might post their pics here!

I went half door, soft top on a 2dr base sport.
Am debating MT Classic 3's in chrome or black, and a set of 285/70/17, or 265/70/17 - on stock lift

Thanks and keep jeepin'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 10-12-2017, 05:14 PM
Comfortably Numb

Garage

CHROME is not in the real Jeepers vocabulary. Newbies are expected to introduce themselves in the welcome section prior to posting in other sections. Welcome if you are staying.

08 Rubi Unlimited named Freebird

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Cat killing would almost certainly decline if we were allowed to hunt liberals.
Asylum media group llc all rights reserved ©2015

Last edited by RubiCajun; 10-12-2017 at 05:27 PM.
post #3 of 15 Old 10-12-2017, 05:48 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Black. And welcome.

Kevin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 10-12-2017, 06:05 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

for a type of backup to @gt1guy putting-in-for black,
that would be option "A" and if you simply had to use a chrome-ish look ,
as @RubiCajun has stated, the shiny metal stuff that correlates with tube bumpers and nerf bar memories to lots of us would be better served by at least a newer , up-to-date take on the color scheme afforded by chrome if you consider a flat silver or metal; just look at the concept JK that's in the following linked page & how it's entire aesthetic was changed once TeraFlex got a hold of it and did the chrome blechs that had been on it completely-over with a high-tech looking metal powder-coating on it from this thread.

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/jk-new...ler-chief.html

also free in that link, should be a few picts of the model you're looking for images of ; it's from our favorite forum + a while back .

Speaking of yours truly, maybe you can hit the Welcome Room thread when you can,introduce yourself and stick around and contribute. We welcome new members and Jeep JK owners

(edit: I forgot to include that, while the link provided did not have any usefulness on the black satin you'r looking at Classics in,
that would be my vote; flat black. Of course I like even rainbows to be flat black, so I am biased...

I have seen very few, if any Cheif's with, black wheels. I found ths:

& then this , it is not a Chief model.
It looks ok:

most of them have Metal Alloy looking wheels. It'd be pretty unique.
)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by j3ff3ry_j33p; 10-12-2017 at 06:18 PM.
post #5 of 15 Old 10-13-2017, 09:49 AM Thread Starter

Thanks all - I dropped in to the welcome area and made a post there.
Don't get me wrong - I have ZERO intention of making one of those ridiculous looking urban chrome mobiles with the spinning caps and neon.
I'm just talking about some chrome rims and maybe a grill or hood tie down. My thinking is that the dark wheels, doors, roof all bring down the brightness of the color. I'd like it to have more of a summer/beach look
post #6 of 15 Old 10-14-2017, 09:19 PM
Wheeler

I like a bit of SS look over chrome. Chrome wears fast SS last forever. :] I love my Stainless mesh behind the grill to protect the rads look on Black.

2014 JK 2 Door

Last edited by whipper; 10-14-2017 at 09:24 PM.
post #7 of 15 Old 10-14-2017, 09:25 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipper View Post
I like a bit of SS look over chrome. Chrome wears fast SS last forever. :] I love my Stainless mesh behind the grill to protect the rads look on Black.
I would post a pic but I guess im not allowed. LOL

2014 JK 2 Door
post #8 of 15 Old 10-20-2017, 06:08 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
I would post a pic but I guess im not allowed. LOL
but, you certainly could post a URL to a cloud stored pict from, say , Imgur or some other image hosting site. That’s how most of us post images, not by pointing to some local image and uploading it to our profiles...

RTM or search the site for image posting ...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 15 Old 10-20-2017, 07:47 AM
Rock God

Welcome Geoff. Always entertaining when one asks for opinions because everyone has one and not afraid to share!

For arguements sake I will ignore RubiCajun or anyone else who cares to define 'real Jeepers'. Some of us where Jeepin' before black wheels were a thing. I'm not a fan of black wheels...especially on a Chief. I had a baby blue CJ-5 with white top and chrome wheels. It really popped and got a lot of compliments.

The Jeep Chief concept looks awesome with polished wheels and grille. http://image.fourwheeler.com/f/14908...arter-view.jpg

In the end it is your Jeep, do what you makes you smile; not what others tell you to.

07 JK-8
08 2dr Sahara
17 Gobi Recon
post #10 of 15 Old 10-20-2017, 10:20 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ff3ry_j33p View Post
but, you certainly could post a URL to a cloud stored pict from, say , Imgur or some other image hosting site. That’s how most of us post images, not by pointing to some local image and uploading it to our profiles...

RTM or search the site for image posting ...

Thanks hears mine. :] https://postimg.org/image/7jakaqxwt/

2014 JK 2 Door
post #11 of 15 Old 10-20-2017, 11:12 PM
Rock God

Only three things that will make that Jeep look better, all old school...white wagon wheels, white raised letter tires and tube bumpers.
post #12 of 15 Old 10-21-2017, 05:34 PM
Rock God

TNT Customs hosted a membership drive today for the local 4wd club, Rough Country 4-Wheelers. Event was supported by the local dealer Cowboy Dodge. Among other rigs, they rolled in this Chief. Has 35's on chrome 20's.

I ain't a big fan of 35's on 20's and I think the chrome wheels look like shit ... but that's just my opinion.
Attached Images

My Trailer Queen don't ride on one ... it pulls one.

Last edited by KOWBOY; 10-21-2017 at 05:44 PM.
post #13 of 15 Old 10-21-2017, 06:06 PM
you can go piss up a rope

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOWBOY View Post
I ain't a big fan of 35's on 20's and I think the chrome wheels look like shit ... but that's just my opinion.

You're poooosting outside of your thread agaaaaain
Rubi-8 likes this.
post #14 of 15 Old 10-22-2017, 04:06 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
nice!

I’ll post it for ya ...

(edit: OP note I post because @whipper was adding his jeep to show satin silver was his pref + on his rig ...sry to take liberty like that...it does show satin silver albeit not on a Chief ...jj)

Welcome to JKOwners

Last edited by j3ff3ry_j33p; 10-22-2017 at 04:11 PM.
post #15 of 15 Old 10-24-2017, 09:44 PM

Chief Blue JK Pic Request

I agree that chrome wheels/bumpers/accessories are terrible in the majority of cases....

That said, we couldn’t go with black for our JKU because it just didn’t look right to us with the Chief Edition in Chief Blue. We went with Silver and we love the result...

In my opinion JKs in Chief Blue, especially Sports with the black top(s) and black fenders look great with black wheels.

Here are few examples from a Chief Blue thread in another forum...They look great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode