Mild/Budget Build Ideas - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 04-19-2017, 01:50 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage
Mild/Budget Build Ideas

As I said in my intro thread, my overall off-road focus has changed. I'm not gonna go rock crawling (especially since I live in FL) and I hate going out with the intent of just slinging mud.

The majority of my off road driving will be be dirt roads and forest trails, nothing too difficult and trips to the beach (beach driving fucking ROCKS!). It's also gonna be a road trip vehicle.

With that in my mind, I can't justify sinking a couple grand in lift, couple more grand in 35's and wheels, which means more money for a better tire carrier and even more money for gearing. It's just not worth it to spend all that money for "the look".

I do want some more aggressive tires and at least wider if not a series taller than the 255/75's. I'm thinking 32's with like a 3/4" spacer lift or even 33's with the 1.5" spacers. Either will give me "the look" but will also give me the confidence to tackle what I want to do with while keeping road manners AND not having to do other necessary upgrades.

So...with all that said, anyone running either of those setups? If so I'd love to see input and look at some pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube
Once upon a time grown men didn't act like assholes for no reason nor get butt-hurt by complete strangers.

Then the internet was born.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-19-2017, 09:18 PM
Granite Guru

Any budget boost will get you enough lift for 33's. Google is your friend for pics.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
post #3 of 4 Old 04-20-2017, 09:42 AM
Rock God

Garage

Here is mine with 1.75" coil spacers, shock extensions, Rubi shocks, and 305/70/16 Irok NDs at Jeepin with Judd 2yrs ago.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 04-20-2017, 09:49 AM
Rock God

Garage

My Avatar pic is just the tires... Oh, at JwJ pic there are 1.25" wheel spacers so the fronts don't rub at full steering lock.

With an Aussie locker up front I was able to do all of the moderate course and most of the Extreme course at JwJ those first 2yrs ( I didn't go this year). A lot of the credit for the Extreme course goes to my spotters. But also I wasn't afraid to drag and pivot on skids and rock sliders.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode