Uwharrie - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 12-15-2014, 04:30 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Uwharrie

I was able to take the jeep to uwharrie on Saturday. It's completely stock and I wanted to see what it's capable of and exactly what I need to modify.

Since it was on stock suspension and stock radial tires we did scrap the skid plates often but not much damage. That plastic skirt on the front bumper got ripped off and I was surprised the plastic steps didn't get ripped off.

I plan on getting a Rock Krawler 3.5 mid arm lift. 35" A/T tires. Rocker panels are a must and I will probably goingn to go ahead and get at least a front bumper.

Any thoughts or ideas on what else to get? I will get it referred and at least a rear locker.

Last edited by Skinny; 12-30-2014 at 01:30 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 12-15-2014, 05:25 AM
Wheeler

Please check the size of your image you're posting, its taking up my whole screen and then some.

For a front bumper do you want a winch or not, that would be the first determining factor. The second factor is what size do you want to go with a stubby, mid, or full sized. Warn and Mickey Thompson are my two favorites, the MT is modular which is nice so you don't have to sell out all your $ at once and it also frame mounts the winch vs putting it on top like a warn.

Are you going to cut your fenders at all? That would give the safe effect almost as a 3" lift, maybe throw some 1" pucks in the front if you want but it would give you a lower center of gravity.

2015 JKU anvil 6 speed 35's and stuff
1977 cj7 sold
2012 JK totaled
1975 cj5 sold
post #3 of 11 Old 12-15-2014, 07:35 AM
JKowners Vendor

Very cool! Uwharrie is not far from us! Where are you from?

-Jason

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Phone: 864-437-8029
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 12-15-2014, 08:06 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by heisman01 View Post
Please check the size of your image you're posting, its taking up my whole screen and then some.

For a front bumper do you want a winch or not, that would be the first determining factor. The second factor is what size do you want to go with a stubby, mid, or full sized. Warn and Mickey Thompson are my two favorites, the MT is modular which is nice so you don't have to sell out all your $ at once and it also frame mounts the winch vs putting it on top like a warn.

Are you going to cut your fenders at all? That would give the safe effect almost as a 3" lift, maybe throw some 1" pucks in the front if you want but it would give you a lower center of gravity.
I sent the pictures in from my phone so I didnt really have much control over the sizes. Ill shrink them down and repost them. I do plan on running a winch, I have been looking at the PSC BFH stubby bumer with the brawler bar. I also plan on cutting the fenders until I get the tube fenders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrawlOff-Road.com View Post
Very cool! Uwharrie is not far from us! Where are you from?

-Jason
Im from Clover, SC. Its just south of Charlotte, NC. That was my first trip to Uwharrie and I loved it!

US NAVY Vet 2006-2011
2013 Jeep JK Unlimited Sahara Crush
1958 Jeep FC 150 Rust
post #5 of 11 Old 12-15-2014, 09:12 AM
Granite Guru

In uwharrie don't go too wide of a tire as some of the ruts will squeeze your tire off the bead..been there..lockers are a good idea ...and some rock sliders to start ..I'm from Lexington NC. . About 25 mins north of ure
post #6 of 11 Old 12-15-2014, 08:35 PM

I'm lucky enough to live only about 20 mins from there. With my buggy and beater Yota both down, I took my brand new bone stock JKU up Daniel on Friday. Did better than I thought it would. I'm pretty sure the guys in the RZR's thought I was crazy when they saw the paper dealer tag still on the back.
post #7 of 11 Old 12-16-2014, 04:00 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rnuovrcj5 View Post
I'm lucky enough to live only about 20 mins from there. With my buggy and beater Yota both down, I took my brand new bone stock JKU up Daniel on Friday. Did better than I thought it would. I'm pretty sure the guys in the RZR's thought I was crazy when they saw the paper dealer tag still on the back.
Yeah We were going to give Danie la try but when we first got there it was around 11:30am and it was backed up. So we went on the Rocky Mountain Loop and Dickey Bell. I was very shocked on how the stock Jeep did. VERY PLEASED! I have only had my jeep since early November. The guys at work continue to give me sh!t about taking a $30K plus Jeep in the woods. but most of them dont know life beyond the asphalt! haha

US NAVY Vet 2006-2011
1958 Jeep FC 150 Rust
post #8 of 11 Old 12-25-2014, 04:58 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Uwharrie is a lot of fun, I get a annual pass every year since its close. Also, if you can make it to one of the UROTC events at Big Creek, I would highly recommend it. Guys that run it are very knowledgeable and the trails are great.
post #9 of 11 Old 12-30-2014, 01:31 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

finally getting some Uwharrie pics up!

My buddy is still working on the video but here are some pictures he sent me.

US NAVY Vet 2006-2011
1958 Jeep FC 150 Rust

Last edited by Skinny; 03-19-2015 at 10:52 PM.
post #10 of 11 Old 09-21-2015, 07:52 PM
Wheeler

Anyone been up Daniel lately? Took my xj on 4" lift with rubi takeoffs straight up the middle line of the first ledge opening weekend. My jk on 35's had some serious problems making it up the right side which has always been easier. It's getting flat nasty.
post #11 of 11 Old 09-22-2015, 09:46 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCredibleHulk View Post
Anyone been up Daniel lately? Took my xj on 4" lift with rubi takeoffs straight up the middle line of the first ledge opening weekend. My jk on 35's had some serious problems making it up the right side which has always been easier. It's getting flat nasty.

I haven't been up it in a couple months. Seems like it gets dug out every year. Ant pics?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode