3.8L Exhaust Flanges - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 05-20-2009, 08:28 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Send a message via AIM to Chewievette
3.8L Exhaust Flanges

I'm in contact with a local machine shop and they are willing to do a run of exhaust flanges for $58 per pair. These are 1/2 inch thick, not the typical 3/8in, these will not warp under normal use like the thinner ones. They will be mild steel so that no one goes broke making new exhaust. If you have any notion to build a turbo setup or custom headers this is the starting point. Since they are laser cut, they will fit with minimal effort straight out of the box, just start welding. Many companies will sell you the mandrel bent pipes needed to put together a set of headers even better than most aftermarket headers and for much less.

I need three more people to buy in before the shop will cut them but if for some odd reason we get more the price will come down a bit.

so you dont think I'm some random nutjob... I bought my 1996 Dodge Intrepid about six years ago and have been modifying and upgrading it ever since. It is now one of the more performance modified LH platform cars. I am currently running the first and only 3.6L stroker engine and am now working on the first 4.0L stroker, fully forged, with lots of fun goodies. I'm having these flanges made so I can build a set of custom long tube headers but LH people are few and far between these days so I am coming to you guys to help me get these made. I figure you guys might actually be interested in the performance possibilies of this engine. Let me know if you have any questions, comments, etc..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 05-20-2009, 09:23 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewievette View Post
I'm in contact with a local machine shop and they are willing to do a run of exhaust flanges for $58 per pair. These are 1/2 inch thick, not the typical 3/8in, these will not warp under normal use like the thinner ones. They will be mild steel so that no one goes broke making new exhaust. If you have any notion to build a turbo setup or custom headers this is the starting point. Since they are laser cut, they will fit with minimal effort straight out of the box, just start welding. Many companies will sell you the mandrel bent pipes needed to put together a set of headers even better than most aftermarket headers and for much less.

I need three more people to buy in before the shop will cut them but if for some odd reason we get more the price will come down a bit.

so you dont think I'm some random nutjob
... I bought my 1996 Dodge Intrepid about six years ago and have been modifying and upgrading it ever since. It is now one of the more performance modified LH platform cars. I am currently running the first and only 3.6L stroker engine and am now working on the first 4.0L stroker, fully forged, with lots of fun goodies. I'm having these flanges made so I can build a set of custom long tube headers but LH people are few and far between these days so I am coming to you guys to help me get these made. I figure you guys might actually be interested in the performance possibilies of this engine. Let me know if you have any questions, comments, etc..

i am not interest, but usually when some one tries to prove they are not a nutjob, they post links to supporting publications. they don't offer their own work as proof...

it just caught me as funny

performance mods: 3.5" Rock Krawler Mid-Arm lift, ProComp MX-6 shocks, 35 x 12.50 Super Swamper SSRs, 17x8.5" Procomp 9001s in Knight Chrome with 4.5" backspace, Bulldog Fab rear bumper with tire carrier, Smittybilt XRC front bumper, cooltech muffler relocate

appearance mods: budget grille mod, painted A/C rings, made side markers into blinkers, removed "Jeep" front bling.
post #3 of 8 Old 05-20-2009, 07:16 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

funny ha ha or funny I'm an idiot?

I've spent the last six years modifying an Intrepid so my sanity was questionable to begin with. Sorry that everyone freaks out about the new guy making posts asking for money, it really is sad that the world ended up that way but I dont blame anyone for being skeptical. I'll do whatever I can to ease your worries. If you have any interest at all, let me know and we can work something out.

Last edited by Chewievette; 05-20-2009 at 09:44 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 05-20-2009, 10:36 PM
Rock God

Yeah pics and links. And get yellow vendor star to pimp stuff.

JKOutcast Member
post #5 of 8 Old 05-20-2009, 11:17 PM
Rock God

Quote:

I've spent the last six years modifying an Intrepid so my sanity was questionable to begin with. Sorry that everyone freaks out about the new guy making posts asking for money, it really is sad that the world ended up that way but I dont blame anyone for being skeptical. I'll do whatever I can to ease your worries. If you have any interest at all, let me know and we can work something out.
funny as in you vouched for yourself. had you not vouched for yourself i would say you are an idiot. your proof that you are on the level is that you say you build stuff...

performance mods: 3.5" Rock Krawler Mid-Arm lift, ProComp MX-6 shocks, 35 x 12.50 Super Swamper SSRs, 17x8.5" Procomp 9001s in Knight Chrome with 4.5" backspace, Bulldog Fab rear bumper with tire carrier, Smittybilt XRC front bumper, cooltech muffler relocate

appearance mods: budget grille mod, painted A/C rings, made side markers into blinkers, removed "Jeep" front bling.
post #6 of 8 Old 05-21-2009, 06:30 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

There really isnt much to show since the parts have not been made yet. but here is a quick shot of my CAD file, there are a few new revisions before the final cutting but you can get a good idea what it might look like.

I really dont have an interest in being a vendor, I'm here to see if we can get these flanges made and I doubt three pairs of flanges cut by someone other than myself makes me a vendor but this isnt my forum, so please let me know if I'm in the wrong here.
post #7 of 8 Old 05-21-2009, 07:24 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I think here's where your cool welcome comes from. Most people are leary of someone who shows up out of no where with a first post asking for $58.00 from three people. Sounds like a pyramid scheme, lol. You should stick around and let us get to know you a little Mr. new guy.

Nice looking flange. I wouldn't have a clue how to build a header but someone here might be interested.

I saw your stroker engine thread and am quite interested in watching another cool build especially if it gives others ideas and options with the 3.8.

Welcome to JKO Chewie

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
post #8 of 8 Old 05-21-2009, 08:19 AM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to WTF_LOL

Quote:
meh, don't pay any attention to anybody here, lol

You don't need a yellow star to get a group buy together. There is just a lot of scured people here

I have no use for a flange at this point but I hope others will. At this point I have not seen anybody building this 3.8. It is still new though. Couple years people will.

I for one am excited to see more custom stuff happening on this forum, it is what we need. I am a bit tired of all the bolt on builds

Welcome to JKO!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode