07 JK 4 Door Soft Top...Gainesville, FL $300!!! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 04-17-2009, 09:29 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

07 JK 4 Door Soft Top...Gainesville, FL $300!!!

Hey Guys,

I just installed the new Trektop so I have no use for the factory soft top. Normal wear and tear. Local pickup ONLY, I will NOT ship this thing. It did not leak when it was on the Jeep, the only reason I changed tops is the OEM is a PITA to take off, which I do regularly here in Florida. If you are local and need a soft top, come and get it out of my garage! Looking for $300 or best offer, just need it gone....moving soon!

Let me know...

Scott
352-317-5693
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 04-17-2009, 09:50 AM
JKO Addict!

what color top and does it have tinted windows?
post #3 of 12 Old 04-17-2009, 09:59 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiost8te View Post
Hey Guys,

I just installed the new Trektop so I have no use for the factory soft top. Normal wear and tear. Local pickup ONLY, I will NOT ship this thing. It did not leak when it was on the Jeep, the only reason I changed tops is the OEM is a PITA to take off, which I do regularly here in Florida. If you are local and need a soft top, come and get it out of my garage! Looking for $300 or best offer, just need it gone....moving soon!

Hijacking your thread.

So do you find the Trektop easier to put on? I have it too, but never had a soft top on mine before the Trektop. I find the Trek a PITA to put on- not hard, just a lengthy time-consuming process. Not to mention you can't really carry the Trektop with you after you remove it... And have wondered if I should've bought an OEM soft top instead.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 04-17-2009, 10:10 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Grant....it is black and does have tinted windows

N2rock...I love the trektop...easy to roll back and I just fold it up and put it in the cargo. The OEM was tough to put back. The Trek takes about 5-10 minutes for me to put it on and it is frameless....the OEM about 15-20 and the frame rattled too much.

Scott
post #5 of 12 Old 04-17-2009, 10:17 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:

N2rock...I love the trektop...easy to roll back and I just fold it up and put it in the cargo. The OEM was tough to put back. The Trek takes about 5-10 minutes for me to put it on and it is frameless....the OEM about 15-20 and the frame rattled too much.

Scott
Scott, will you sell me the windows and I'll give you my clear ones? Mine have no scratches.
post #6 of 12 Old 04-17-2009, 10:26 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:

Scott
Yeah, I have the Trek. I haven't found any method of folding it that allows it to fit in the rear cargo space. The header bar is too wide.

As for putting it on- first off I HATE the thumbscrew setup for the header. Seems to take forever to get it lined up and get the screws in. After that-- there is so much velcro to put into place, and if you don't get them all placed exactly right, it leaks.

Now what I do like is that I can remove it in minutes.
post #7 of 12 Old 04-17-2009, 11:10 AM
Wheeler

Double hijacking!

Okay so you Trektop guys - from reading the description - there are some rails or something I have to add to the jeep to put on the trektop. I know they come with the top - question is... do I have to remove all this junk when I want to put the hard top back on??

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2rock View Post
Hijacking your thread.

So do you find the Trektop easier to put on? I have it too, but never had a soft top on mine before the Trektop. I find the Trek a PITA to put on- not hard, just a lengthy time-consuming process. Not to mention you can't really carry the Trektop with you after you remove it... And have wondered if I should've bought an OEM soft top instead.
post #8 of 12 Old 04-17-2009, 11:10 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Rooster,

If I dont sell it quickly, we can just trade windows. I want to offer the buyer the chance to have the tinted, but if it doesnt go, they are yours!!!

Scott
post #9 of 12 Old 04-17-2009, 11:34 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1naylor View Post
Okay so you Trektop guys - from reading the description - there are some rails or something I have to add to the jeep to put on the trektop. I know they come with the top - question is... do I have to remove all this junk when I want to put the hard top back on??

Thanks.
Yes. But those rails are so easy to remove (2 bolts on each side). And you only need to remove them if you are putting the hardtop on.
post #10 of 12 Old 04-17-2009, 03:31 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2rock View Post
Yes. But those rails are so easy to remove (2 bolts on each side). And you only need to remove them if you are putting the hardtop on.
Gotcha. I'm gonna put one on my wish list. Thanks for the info.
post #11 of 12 Old 04-18-2009, 10:15 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Rooster,

If I dont sell it quickly, we can just trade windows. I want to offer the buyer the chance to have the tinted, but if it doesnt go, they are yours!!!

Scott
Scott you are the man! Thank you!
post #12 of 12 Old 04-20-2009, 01:24 PM

check your PM's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode