2008 Detonator Yellow Rubicon 2-Door Auto .... Exceptionally Well Taken Care Of - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 04-10-2011, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

2008 Detonator Yellow Rubicon 2-Door Auto .... Exceptionally Well Taken Care Of

Hi,

SOLD

*** Edit on 4/30/2011: I have been looking into trading the JK in on a 3/4 diesel tow rig, and about the best ballpark number a dealer will discuss is $25,000. I have been told it doesn't make any difference which mods, if any, are on the Jeep when I trade it. With tax savings on top of the trade (and less the mods listed in this edit) I'm looking at $26,750 to be used as a down payment.

I will sell the JK for $29,950 as-is with all options and add-ons.

If there's no interest in the Jeep with all the mods, I will sell it for $26,750. I will remove the LoD front bumer (and replace with the OEM), remove the winch, remove the LoD rock sliders (will consider an allowance for Rubi take-offs), remove the engine/tranny skid (OEM to be reinstalled), hold onto the gears, will keep the Superchips programmer after returning the computer to stock settings, and I will also keep the CB setup and the Freedom hard top. Everything else listed in the ad will sell with the Jeep. The Jeep hasn't been driven off the driveway since the original pictures were taken.

I'd prefer to sell the Jeep to someone who wants to wheel with it; but, using it as a trade-in might be my only option. I hope someone will be interested with it as-is. It really is in excellent condition. Thanks for looking. ***

*** Edit on 5/27/2011: I will sell the JK for $28,500 as-is with all options and add-ons. I'm not sure if this is low enough to interest anyone; but, it basically makes a private party sale the same as a trade-in. (Every dealer that I have talked with will only discuss a decent trade-in if I include the Freedom top, so I might as consider that with this price.)

If there's no interest in the Jeep with all the mods, I will sell it for $26,650. I will remove the LoD front bumer (and replace with the OEM), remove the winch, hold onto the gears and keep the Superchips programmer and CB setup. The LoD rock sliders, the engine/tranny skid, and the Freedom hard top will stay with the Jeep at that price, as will everything else listed in the ad.***

I'm selling my exceptionally well taken care of 2-door Rubicon. It is almost perfect.

I purchased the JK in October 2008. It currently has 4,800 miles. It has been well taken care of. I have done all the install work (with the exception of welding), and all maintenance myself. The Jeep has been garaged since the day I bought it. The hard top has been stored on a shelf in my garage since it was removed for the first spring. This Jeep has never been driven in the snow (no salt!).

In addition to the standard Rubicon equipment the Detonator Yellow JK came with the Gray Cloth Interior, Dual Top Group, Power Convenience Group, Deep Tint Windows, 6-Disc DVD/MP3 Player, and Remote Start.

Modifications following purchase include:

Old Man EMU Long Travel Lift from Northridge (Incl Adj Rear Upper Control Arms)
LoD Rock Sliders
LoD Shorty Stinger Front Bumper
Superwinch EPi 9.0 Winch (Never Used)
Adjustable Rear Spring Perches
Reinforced Rear Trackbar Bracket
Tatton Front and Rear Driveshafts
Goodyear MT/r 35" Tires on 15" Cragar Streetlock Wheels (Non-Kevlar; No TPMS)
Cobra 75 CB Radio w/Firestik Antenna (w/ Toad Bracket and Rollbar Spearker)
Hard Top Saver Kit by Woods
EVAP Cannister Relocation Kit by Woods
Hi-Lift Jack Mount on Tailgate
Flowmaster 50 Series Muffler (Relocated Under the Tub)
Superchips 3875 Programmer
5.13 Gears and Overhaul Kit (not Installed)
Riddler Differential Covers & Lube Lockers
Off Road Evo C2 Axle Gussets
B&M (Transmission) Supercooler
Rock Hard Engine/Transmission/Catalytic Converter Skid Plate

The Kelly Blue Book Value for Excellent Condition is $28,785. I know that there is little value for modifications; but, the modifications are in excellent condition. The cost to purchase all modifications was over $7,000. I am pricing the JK to get something out of them... but, not a lot.

Price: $31,000

Located in Indianapolis.

I would like to sell my Jeep as a package... complete with everything listed. I will consider taking less without some of the mods and options if it makes it more attractive to a buyer. (I am hoping someone wants this configuration in a vehicle that has a great deal more value than other used Jeeps.)

Below are the pics I took two weeks ago. (Please let me know if there are other pics that you'd like to see.)

(A couple of additional pics of the interior are included in my album.)

Thanks for taking the time to look. I know the price is high when compared to other Rubicons being offered for sale... the price reflects a near-perfect Jeep with mods that make it a great trail vehicle. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Jeff

Last edited by Jeff09; 06-19-2011 at 05:11 AM. Reason: Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 04-10-2011, 06:01 PM
Rock God

Garage

Dude... Why didnt you just copy the pics from here and put them on pirate?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mod..Wheel..Break..Repeat

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Criminals prefer unarmed victims:Μολὼν λαβέ
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcraig7 View Post
I think I understand your question - but I am a two door guy.
post #3 of 15 Old 04-10-2011, 06:17 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Hi,

I didn't know I could do that. Not trying to create extra work.

(Are you saying that the same server address for the pics will work on both forums? I know that the boards are affiliated, I didn't realize they shared those types of resources.)

Thanks again for posting them.

Jeff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 04-10-2011, 06:35 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff09 View Post
Hi,

I didn't know I could do that. Not trying to create extra work.

(Are you saying that the same server address for the pics will work on both forums? I know that the boards are affiliated, I didn't realize they shared those types of resources.)

Thanks again for posting them.

Jeff
All you have to do is copy the img address and put [ I M G ] Img adress goes here [ / I M G ]... Dont use the spaces. Pretty much any img on the internet works the same way on any forum.

Quote:
post #5 of 15 Old 04-10-2011, 06:37 PM
Rock God

Garage

Click quote and look at the code for an example...

Quote:
post #6 of 15 Old 04-17-2011, 10:09 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Bump

Still Available
post #7 of 15 Old 04-17-2011, 05:30 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Bump for a nice rig.

Might want to put your total investment in the extras to give lookers an idea of what they'd have to spend. Good luck with the sale.

, Granite,
, ProComp 7069 17x9, Cooper STT Pro 37's, Warn M8000, ACE ProSeries Bumpers, RROR Skids, Poly Tie Rod and Drag Link, Ten Factory Chromoly Rear Axles
post #8 of 15 Old 04-30-2011, 10:13 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Bump for new pricing / options to reduce price.
post #9 of 15 Old 05-06-2011, 04:47 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Bump

Still Available.
post #10 of 15 Old 05-06-2011, 05:08 AM
Granite Guru

I have one almost like yours,WHY are you selling that piece of art!
anywayvgood luck with your sale;
my advice think again.
post #11 of 15 Old 05-06-2011, 05:24 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Thanks

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow rubicon View Post
I have one almost like yours,WHY are you selling that piece of art!
anywayvgood luck with your sale;
my advice think again.
Thanks for the compliment!

I wanted something that I wouldn't be afraid to trail without worrying about damage. I looked at a few older Jeeps; but, in the end I bought a 1971 Bronco. I also wanted something that I could tinker with a little bit more than an almost new vehicle. (To say that the Bronco requires some tinkering is an understatement.)

I also bought a used trailer last year, and I'm looking to buy a diesel tow rig so that we can spend more time out west.

Thanks again for the compliment.

Jeff
post #12 of 15 Old 05-11-2011, 04:43 AM
Granite Guru

come on guys this jeep is a dream!
if I had the money I'll buy it now so I have two to play with!
it's better than new all the goodies are in the right places.
so BUMP TT
post #13 of 15 Old 05-11-2011, 04:52 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Thanks for the Bump

Hey Yellow...

Thanks for the Bump!

Jeff
post #14 of 15 Old 05-27-2011, 08:06 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Price Reduction

Hi,

I've made another price reduction. I have also made some changes to the options to lower the selling price/retain more parts.

Jeff
post #15 of 15 Old 06-08-2011, 02:53 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Still Available....

Great rig and still looks, feels and smells new.

Jeff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode