Jeep CJ10 cj10 Diesel Runs strong $2500 - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 03-27-2011, 12:21 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Jeep CJ10 cj10 Diesel Runs strong $2500

Up for sale is my 1981 Jeep CJ-10a tug and I will accept trades! These jeeps are rare and are powered by the original stock nissan sd33 diesel engine with a 727 auto transmission mated to an NP205 transfer case that was locked in low(This one was locked in High) with a dana 70/4.88 gears in the rear. These jeeps are rare at only approx 2300 of these were produced. Although these jeeps are rare, they are comprised of many common jeep parts and the sd33 engine has been used in past jeeps, international scouts, and other machinery. In addition this engine starts right up and will hold idle all day. I bought this jeep with ideas for a future project, but finances have changed so its time for a few things to go

A few more great details.

Only 29,621 miles

All lights and most gauges still work.

Starts right up and will idle forever( Check out the video links below)

In addition The previous owner took great care of this vehicle and performed the following.

Locked tugger in HIGH to be able to cruise up to 55mph

Replaced with New: U joints, Belts, Hoses, Starter, Wires, Glow Plugs, Radiator, Air Filter,

Injectors and Kiki injection pump rebuilt to factory specs

The previous owner also made the vegetable oil conversion, which consists of a single tank set up heated lines with a Racor 500 water seperator/filter, and Raptor 100 fuel pump feeding the factory filter.(Ive only filled it with diesel though)

Now for the bad details

There is some rust around the jeep.(Its not too bad...Just check the pictures) One kind of bad spot about the size of a half dollar under the hood around the fender. The rest of the jeep is depicted very well in the photos.

The transmission bell housing does appear to have a crack and is leaking from the front seal., but does shift easily through the gears, and into rev and neutral.

Rear brake lines have rusted out...The front are fine

One of the tires has started to throw the tread(rear passenger side) and will need to be replaced.

Vehicle is sold as is without warranty. I do not have a title and will only provide a bill of sale. I have listed this item to the best of my knowledge and have included pictures and links to videos to help describe the vehicles condition.

This is truly a one of a kind jeep and extremely rare.

Good luck with your bids

Check these out. Please note in the videos I am revving the engine at certain points so you can get a better idea.

YouTube - Jeep CJ10 engine idling

YouTube - enginestart

Click below for all photos. Yes it is on auction but either bid or send me an offer and I'll gladly end the auction early.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=330547214306

Last edited by bugs; 03-27-2011 at 12:33 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-27-2011, 05:31 PM
Rock God

Garage

Welcome to our forum thank you ever so much for making one of your first 10 posts a for sale ad... Not even a true for sale ad at that. https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12741
Please kindly redirect your browser to the link provided, and after reading rules... (mainly #1 & #2) please vigorously begin to cock punch yourself. Thanks and have a nice day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiZealot View Post
I'm going to build a huge Jeep fort if we get the whole site to ourselves. Ziplines too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
This thread has just become gayer than a biker fight at a Starbucks. Way to go Jersey!
post #3 of 4 Old 01-14-2012, 10:18 AM

Is your jeep still for sale?
[email protected]
609-658-3777
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 01-17-2012, 08:09 AM

CJ10A

Is your CJ still for sale?
Please email back my regular email address [email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode