2007 Unlimited Rubicon JK, $32,500 - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 01-08-2011, 03:55 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to JimP
2007 Unlimited Rubicon JK, $32,500

Located in West Sacramento, CA. Automatic, power windows, almost 20,000 miles, Rubicon HD axles with 5:13 gears, Superior axleshafts in the rear, push-button sway bar disconnect, Premier Power Welder with two separate alternators (only Jeep you will find like this until Premier Power Welder gets the bracket I gave them into production) dual Optima batteries, built-in shower, Dodge Viper throttle body with Predator tuning chip tuning system, 35" BFG MT's on Champion Bead Lock Wheels, 3" Black Diamond lift, Terraflex track bars and control rods, relocated super-duty steering dampener, gas tank skid plus lots of other skids, gussets and plating to protect the underside, evap relocater by Kilby, relocated and improved muffler and exhaust system, stronger driveshafts by Sacramento Driveshaft, AFE air filter, Warn rock slider, AEV hood and rear corner protectors, neat Warrior license plate bracket on rear, Kilby front bumper with skid plate that protects the sway bar disconnect and shower heat exchanger, bumper has neat quick-connect inserts for tow bar connection plus shackle mounting points, a Warn PowerPlant air winch with remote control, cable system to brake pedal to apply the brakes when towing (needs optional hitch accessory and works great!) outlet to let the towing vehicle know when the brake is on, another outlet for hooding up brake lights and yet another to tie in the Jeeps rear view Video Camera to the towing vehicle's system. The Jeeps interior rear view mirror has been replaced with a 7" monitor to read any of 7 cameras on the Jeep. You can't see past the rear spare with the stock mirror, this solves that problem plus you can see to hook up a trailer to your RockHard rear bumper with spare tire carrier and two can racks. Yeah, we thought it was foo foo ourselves when TotalVision, the maker of the system, convinced us to add more than the back-up camera. Now we just love it!
Dual tops, both the HardTop and a never-installed factory soft top, CB, Bluetooth radio with CD and Ipod input, LOJAK theft deterrent system, alarm and elect door locks, optional installed HAM radio (for when we do search and rescue work), rear track bar mount strengthened, extra rear view mirror mounts for driving with the doors removed...and a few extras. see http://www.hoodlift.com/JK%202007%20description.html
or episode 7 of JK Owner's TV here: https://www.jkowners.com/tv/

We have driven it from Sacramento, down through the Baja to Bahia De Los Angeles, to Yuma and back and love the way it does the freeways...it drives and handles better than stock! Then we have left West Sacramento and driven up through the Rubicon Trail with the grandkids, stopping to let them play and get craw dads at Rubicon Springs, on through to Tahoe and back home to West Sac in a day. Actually 12 hours. (don't try this with more than two rigs because you will be stopping too often to see how the others are making it and probably have to camp out one day) It's been through the Rubicon (and I'm losing count) maybe 6 times. Sure original stuff has bent and broke the first times; however that's how we found what needed to be strengthened and hardened. Now it goes through with ease and nothing breaks. If you are looking for a bulletproof rig and want to save lots of $$ and months of time building, here it is...ready for Moab, Rubicon or your knarliest trails. And it still looks great! Don't you love JK's???!!!
Oh yeah, it has a HoodLift hood lift and HoodLift TailGate prop too.
Attached Images

Sold my 2007 Flame Red Unlimited, HoodLift. 3" Blk Dmd Lift,Terraflex adj control arms, Premier Power Welder w/ 2nd alternator & separate battery, custom under-armor, custom exhaust, 35" BFG MTs on Champion beadlocks, HoodLift tailgate strut, ORL rack, Rock Hard Bumper, Warn rock sliders, Kilby front bumper,Warn Power Plant winch, Power tank for the air tools, corner armor, CB and shortwave (KI6FUG)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by JimP; 01-13-2011 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Added some more photos
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 01-08-2011, 04:24 PM
Rock God

I just want the video system Cool jeep though

2007 Sahara Unlimited - Dana 60/14 Bolt - 5.38's with ARBs - 40x13.50x17 Goodyear MTRs - 3.5" Rock Krawler X Factor Plus - Rubi Rock Rails - XRC 10,000lb Winch
post #3 of 18 Old 01-08-2011, 10:04 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage
Video system

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschaffer66 View Post
I just want the video system Cool jeep though
Thanks! That's a great wired system made by Total Vision out of Tuscon AZ. They put them in high-end motorhomes plus I have one in my not-so-high-end one. In the motorhome, the rear cam is adjustable from the driver's seat. The quality and attention to detail is the reason I went to them for the Jeep. Now I can see out the Jeep's rear cam when towing it if I want to select it. Also, when I'm towing the enclosed dirt bike trailer with the Jeep, I can select a camera on the back of that trailer from inside the Jeep and have great rear vision. Rod, the owner, is a great guy to work with and will get anyone set up on just about any kind of system they want.

Sold my 2007 Flame Red Unlimited, HoodLift. 3" Blk Dmd Lift,Terraflex adj control arms, Premier Power Welder w/ 2nd alternator & separate battery, custom under-armor, custom exhaust, 35" BFG MTs on Champion beadlocks, HoodLift tailgate strut, ORL rack, Rock Hard Bumper, Warn rock sliders, Kilby front bumper,Warn Power Plant winch, Power tank for the air tools, corner armor, CB and shortwave (KI6FUG)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old 01-08-2011, 11:42 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage
Dual Alternator System

In answer to the questions about the Dual Alternator system here goes: The second alternator is the Premier Power Welder alternator that comes with their kit for a Chev V8. That's what I had in the CJ. Then I built a bracket that holds it that goes next to the stock alternator using an idler pulley and the shoulder bolt from a Chev 350. I think the belt is 17 inches longer than a stock belt. I originally put the welder box way back behind the rear seat and a small Odessy battery under the drivers side front seat. Cables were too long and would not carry the load even though they were large cables. So I then installed the box right behind the radiator but it got too hot there. Finally it's back behind the alternators and lives quite well there. To hold it up, I built a stalk that attaches to the driver's side shock tower and made it two piece so it would be easy to take out when changing spark plugs. I cut a hole in the the fender well to get to that and, while I was at it cut three more and now the under-hood temps are much cooler. How do I know? The water bottle I keep there isn't hot enough for good coffee any more. I use a small relay to be able to turn off the system so the alternator isn't working all the time. It charges either the 2nd battery or, by in-cab switching, will charge both. Since its normal operation doesn't tie into the Jeeps electrical system, it sees no engine load and the regulator was tending to overcharge the Odessy battery I used to have in there. (Optima blue tops now). So I added two small squirrel cage plastic fans to simulate an engine load and also cool the alternator and voltage regulator. Now it all works fine and we have lots of power for everything. I can run both alternators and both batteries when winching and run my ARB cooler all night from the second battery with no worries about starting. I use a small switch panel to choose charging one battery, both batteries, emergency start and welder on. The RPM of the engine to control the welding current is controlled by an in-cab electronic box with a pair of switches. It doesn't work great but does the job better than the pvc pipe I used to use. Also the welder will make 110 volt power to power drills, saws and blenders. 2,200 watts. The welder works great and has saved me and lots of others when things break back in the boonies.
Attached Images

post #5 of 18 Old 01-09-2011, 08:47 AM
Wheeler

Still trying to make this work so this rig can be mine.
post #6 of 18 Old 01-10-2011, 12:49 PM
Administrator

Garage

Someone is gonna get an awesome rig!

Great price!

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #7 of 18 Old 01-13-2011, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage
A

Adding some photos
Attached Images

post #8 of 18 Old 01-13-2011, 06:24 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Updated some more pics to show the present condition.

post #9 of 18 Old 01-13-2011, 06:53 PM
Granite Guru

awesome jk! What size wheels? 18's?

2011 Sahara 4x4 Unlimited. Mango tango loaded

Wanted

post #10 of 18 Old 01-13-2011, 07:23 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Thanks! It's been fun to get it to this level. The wheels are 17" beadlocks from Champion Wheels. The bolt rings are really scratched and gouged and I was thinking I'd just buy a set of bolt rings to make them look like new again, then I thought why do that? You can't buy battle scars like those!
Jim
Attached Images

post #11 of 18 Old 01-14-2011, 05:47 AM
Wheeler

Do all 5 wheels look equal as to the amount of fun they show? Is it just the rings, not any of the nuts? Does it effect the function at all, any balance or wobble issues?
post #12 of 18 Old 01-14-2011, 06:52 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by honuboy311 View Post
Do all 5 wheels look equal as to the amount of fun they show? Is it just the rings, not any of the nuts? Does it effect the function at all, any balance or wobble issues?
All 5 look about the same, since I've rotated in the spare. The way the Champion rings are made with the recessed bolts, it doesn't affect them at all. The ones I had on my last Jeep had more exposed bolts and the rocks did a number on them making them sometimes difficult to take out when replacing tires. The wheels run remarkably smooth and I can't feel anything on the steering wheel or in my butt. I have them balanced at Les Schwab and have them use the stick-on weights internally so none can be knocked off. Through the years I've had other people balance the wheels and the results were spotty. I even got a bad balance once at a Les Schwab store in another town; however I took them back to my local store and they got them spot on. They said that sometimes a machine can be out of calibration and you get a bad job. I'm pretty picky since I know the BFG will balance fine and like a smooth ride. Of course no shop I know will install tires on beadlocks, so I do that, then take them in to get balanced. Installing tires on beadlocks is fairly easy but takes a little time. I always use oil on the bolts to get a consistent torque and not wear the threads. I have another set of 35s BFG MT/TA mounted on the original rims and would put those on if someone wanted pristine-looking wheels.

post #13 of 18 Old 01-14-2011, 10:35 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Pending sale. Will know for sure Monday

post #14 of 18 Old 01-15-2011, 04:28 PM
Wheeler

Someone is gonna get this sweet JK before I can come up the the scratch, I'm jealous.
post #15 of 18 Old 01-15-2011, 06:00 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

This Jeep has so much cool stuff on it! I can't believe I haven't seen it before.

Good luck!!!

post #16 of 18 Old 01-16-2011, 04:28 PM
Granite Guru

I heard about your JK when I was talking to Total Vision about a camera system for my JK. I'm surprised it's up for sale, what an awesome ride!!
I have been looking for an onboard shower system and can't seem to find anything out there. R&M have been out of stock for a long time and aren't returning phone calls.

Is your unit an R&M or did you find another source?

08 JKUR 6.5" lift, 40" MTR's ...
post #17 of 18 Old 01-17-2011, 02:15 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigitta View Post
I heard about your JK when I was talking to Total Vision about a camera system for my JK. I'm surprised it's up for sale, what an awesome ride!!
I have been looking for an onboard shower system and can't seem to find anything out there. R&M have been out of stock for a long time and aren't returning phone calls.

Is your unit an R&M or did you find another source?
Thank you! Yes, that is an R&M shower on there and we also have discovered they don't answer phone calls or faxes, even when I tried to put in an order when I had them listed on my website. You can get a portable "shower in a box" at some sporting goods stores that works kinda OK. I used one on the Rubicon once. Since it runs on little propane canisters you don't have to get your Jeep so close to the water. It's called the Zodi and comes in several models.
Google it and you'll see what I mean.

The Total Vision system is a great one for a Jeep since it solves the problem with not being to use your interior rear view mirror with a larger spare on there on a tire carrier. It's hard-wired and superior to the wireless ones, plus you can add extra cameras very easily if you like. Rod is great to work with as well.

BTW the Jeep was just sold about an hour ago and its on its way to its new home in Brawley, CA.

post #18 of 18 Old 01-17-2011, 02:36 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Bump! Great Jeep for one lucky guy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode