SAMSTER Rock Buggy-- SUPER CLEAN-SUPER CAPABLE! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 Old 12-24-2010, 03:33 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

SOLD!!! SOLD!!! SOLD!!!

SAMSTER Rock Buggy-- SUPER CLEAN-SUPER CAPABLE!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------S O L D !!! THX!

The beloved SAMSTER is up for sale!

I hate to see her go, but I have too many rock buggies!

Here is the low-down---
I bought it from a member (YotaLay) about a year ago. It had ALOT of new parts when he built it. He did a nice job. Pretty much anything listed that is not Suzuki, was brand new!
I ran it about a dozen times at the Hammers and it always kicked ass. I lost the bolts out of the front driveshaft on the last trip out and it cracked the transfer case. The transfer case has been replaced and ALL new bearings and seals installed. I have her back together now and ready to sell!

It is ready to wheel today! Runs perfectly. Starts, steers, shifts, stops, etc. NO problems.

It is a 1986 (or 87- I cant remember)- Clean title in my name with current green sticker.

Stretched 18" over stock to 98" wheelbase---

Parts list-
Crowe 5 pt harnesses

Toyota Steering with cooler. Hi steer with Arb studs. Steers super nice. No play.

Front axle is Toyota--- 5.29 gears with Detroit locker- 30 spline Chromos from LONGFIELD (NEW)
Rear axle-- 5.29s of course and spool.
Both were brand new when I got them (everything except the housing)
Front and rear are trussed and Linked.

King air shocks all 4 corners

95% tread Goodyear MTRs that are grooved-- 37x12.50x15" on alum wheels- Never had blown a bead- run at 5-6 lbs.

Suz 1.3L engine- carb- runs perfect. 5 spd trans.

Transfer case - complete rebuild-- 6.5 to 1 gearing.

240watt Pyle wakeboard stereo with mp3 hook-up

Ammo can storage with custom rack in between

Hi-lift jack (never used)

XRC8 Comp winch with synthetic line (used ONCE)

Hella lights

5 gal alum fuel cell (with foam)-- run the Hammers all day-- use 2 gals of gas!

------- the front seat is kinda tight-- I am about 5'9" 215lbs, and Its ok, but anyone bigger might want to move the seat back a bit------

Price is $6000. Pretty firm. Priced to sell!

I also have a brand new Got Propane kit still in the box for an extra $500 if someone wants it (paid $700). The Samster runs perfect on the carb unless you lay it on its side-- then it will blubber. I was going to go propane so it will run at extreme angles. Runs perfect up to about 60 degrees on its side. No blubber on the very steep stuff-- just sideways.

Not interested in trades at this time--- except I can use some 37-40" stickys for my other crawler.

Call me if interested-- 760 248 6214
760 964 5123 cell

NO DISAPPOINTMENTS! GREAT low dollar rig that is VERY capable!!!

Thx for looking!!! Pics to follow--

HUNDY
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
'11 VIRGIN 2 dr JK

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MILITARY TIRES
Hi Tread MT 37x12.50x16.5 $150 ea!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 12-24-2010, 03:34 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

pics-
Attached Images

HUNDY
'11 VIRGIN 2 dr JK

MILITARY TIRES
post #3 of 25 Old 12-24-2010, 03:36 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Good luck with the sell....... I would like to have that in the stables....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 Old 12-24-2010, 03:38 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

For a TON of action pics, check out the thread on Pirate4X4-

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=942337

HUNDY
'11 VIRGIN 2 dr JK

MILITARY TIRES
post #5 of 25 Old 12-24-2010, 03:39 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Dirty View Post
Good luck with the sell....... I would like to have that in the stables....
Thx, Man!

HUNDY
'11 VIRGIN 2 dr JK

MILITARY TIRES
post #6 of 25 Old 12-24-2010, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Spooners trail at the Hammers
Attached Images

HUNDY
'11 VIRGIN 2 dr JK

MILITARY TIRES
post #7 of 25 Old 12-24-2010, 08:29 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

How could we get that thing to central Texas, Mark?

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #8 of 25 Old 12-25-2010, 09:49 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
How could we get that thing to central Texas, Mark?

Come out here, buy it, wheel at the Hammers with me for the weekend, haul it back.

Simple.

I have

HUNDY
'11 VIRGIN 2 dr JK

MILITARY TIRES
post #9 of 25 Old 12-25-2010, 10:04 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100dollarman View Post
Come out here, buy it, wheel at the Hammers with me for the weekend, haul it back.

Simple.

I have
Would have to be after the 1st....and I need to get a trailer too (something just long enough to haul a Sammy).

You have any trailers for sale?

Samster + propane conv + small trailer = ?

....very interested.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #10 of 25 Old 12-25-2010, 10:56 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Would have to be after the 1st....and I need to get a trailer too (something just long enough to haul a Sammy).

....very interested.
I hate you.

Samster + propane conv + bobbed deuce with a flat back deck = ?

Last edited by Mr.RonGilbert; 12-25-2010 at 10:59 AM.
post #11 of 25 Old 12-25-2010, 11:16 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.RonGilbert View Post
I hate you.

Samster + propane conv + bobbed deuce with a flat back deck = ?
lol.

Considered that too....just hard to justify 4 vehicles right now.

post #12 of 25 Old 12-25-2010, 11:27 AM
Rock God

Dang if you weren't so far away I'd be all over it!

'08 Unlimited Sahara - Hemi -
Long Arm CoilOver - RockJock 60 Front - Tera CRD60 Rear - Hutchinsons & 37" Kevlar MT/R's -
Fenders & Rockers -
Bumpers - Ramsey 9500UT - WTOR Hydro Assist - Etc.
post #13 of 25 Old 12-25-2010, 11:33 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:

....very interested.
I have some trailers....... info later-

HUNDY
'11 VIRGIN 2 dr JK

MILITARY TIRES
post #14 of 25 Old 12-26-2010, 02:34 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

A couple of trailers that I have available--

14' Carson- brand new-- just purchased $2485 OTD a few months ago-- $1800

30' flatbed- made from a pontoon boat trailer-- nicely braced and built-- I have $2500 in it-- $1500. Will carry 2 lite weight rigs.
Attached Images

HUNDY
'11 VIRGIN 2 dr JK

MILITARY TIRES
post #15 of 25 Old 12-26-2010, 06:58 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

I like the Carson, Mark. The 30 footer would be way too much trailer (especially loaded) for my GMC Sierra (standard cab). I know my GMC isn't exactly the best rig for towing, but I think it would work with the Carson loaded w/ the Samster (Stubster <----- ).

Vortec 4.8 L V8
295 HP @ 5600 rpm
305 ft-lbs torque @ 4600 rpm
Max tow-cap 8200 lbs

*You think this truck can handle the Carson loaded with the Sammy?

Thanks Mark.

PM me if you want- no prob.
post #16 of 25 Old 12-26-2010, 07:09 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Beautiful Sammy. Looks like a blast. I wish it was in my budget. I'd love to come drink your beer.

What's next, a hammers buggy?
post #17 of 25 Old 12-26-2010, 08:47 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
I like the Carson, Mark. The 30 footer would be way too much trailer (especially loaded) for my GMC Sierra (standard cab). I know my GMC isn't exactly the best rig for towing, but I think it would work with the Carson loaded w/ the Samster (Stubster <----- ).

Vortec 4.8 L V8
295 HP @ 5600 rpm
305 ft-lbs torque @ 4600 rpm
Max tow-cap 8200 lbs

*You think this truck can handle the Carson loaded with the Sammy?

Thanks Mark.

PM me if you want- no prob.

The "Stubster" has a nice ring to it!

The Sami is an est. 2000lbs or so, plus maybe another 2000 for the trailer ?> should be a perfect set-up for your truck. I dont see any problem with that at all.

Anyone else want to chime in with their thoughts on weights and tow ability?

HUNDY
'11 VIRGIN 2 dr JK

MILITARY TIRES
post #18 of 25 Old 12-26-2010, 09:02 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100dollarman View Post
The "Stubster" has a nice ring to it!

The Sami is an est. 2000lbs or so, plus maybe another 2000 for the trailer ?> should be a perfect set-up for your truck. I dont see any problem with that at all.

Anyone else want to chime in with their thoughts on weights and tow ability?
I tow a Sami and a 3000# enclosed trailer with my Avalanche no problem so your Sami and flatbed trailer should be a breeze for a full size pickup.

post #19 of 25 Old 12-26-2010, 09:11 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Awesome ^^^^

Looks like coming in from Texas on I-10.....that it would be best to get off on 62 and head up to 247 thru San Bernardino. (?)

(20 hrs/ 1373 miles).

*Still trying to get this all figured out- not 100% yet- but getting there. Marks integrity has always been overwhelming. I have no doubt that this will be a great buggy for myself or anyone. I really want this little beast. Just need to make the final decision and iron out some details.

Thanks to Mark or anyone else for their input.
post #20 of 25 Old 12-26-2010, 10:20 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

In my business, I sell ALOT of trucks and vehicles right over the phone= sight unseen. I always try to make sure my customers know what they are getting-- the good, AND the bad. I try to let you know everything that is pertinent so there will be no surprises or disappointments.
I would rather not make a sale than take someone's money and them not be satisfied with the item.

Last week I had a guy from Texas come buy a 5 ton truck from me. He said the reason he flew out here to deal with me was (something to this effect--)
"I searched all the forums and all over the internet and 100dollarman kept coming up. I couldnt find one bad word about you"

I took that as a HUGE compliment! I must be doing something right! LOL

This is not to say that I think EVERYONE is in love with me--- I am sure someone out there isnt thrilled with me over a deal in the last 20 years.

Enough about me....

I think the Samster is awesome! ESPECIALLY for the $$$ I am asking for her. Not perfect, but really fresh, clean, capable. I am trying to think if there is anything else I should mention------ the rear axle seal seeps a bit- no dripping. The roll cage has been scratched up from wheeling-- I sprayed it satin Black the other day to clean it up (I do that every trip or 3).
I have had it out at the Hammers with my buddies in their hi-dollar rigs, and the SAMSTER always did well against all the other rock crawlers. Most of the trails I do not even need to stack a rock!

I wanted to talk about the steering---- This thing steers better than my BULLDOG buggy that has full hydro! It works nicely.

I havent rock crawled it since the new transfer case went in--- but its all new bearings and seals inside and was professionally done. It feels good- no problem-- just havent had it out on a trail yet.

The motor starts first time, everytime--- no smoke--- very 'peppy'.

The windshield has some welding burns from when the cage was built. Not bad, though. The drivers seat has a small section near the left shoulder that is worn (or torn).

The tach and the temp gauges work for sure--- speedo and fuel dont.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me know if/when you are ready to pull the trigger. I have had some bites, but nothing in concrete yet--

Ask any questions you might have--- You dont have to, but it would be great to get a 3rd party over here to check it out in person and give you a report before you buy it and drive over. Maybe someone local from the board? Or if you have any connections in Socal. I would welcome anything you want to check out.

Also--- we really can wheel it at the Hammers if anyone here buys it!!! If anyone from outta town (Stub) comes to get it, I can put you up for the nite and get you drunk.

I am not sure about the paperwork on the trailer-- my buddy bought it brand new, but he had to jam to Canada for his work-- that is who I got the BULLDOG and the trailer from. I got a good deal on the buggy, and kind of did him a favor by taking the trailer. The trailer may not ever have been titled yet-- checking on that.

And here is my new Hammers rig-- just put a little stereo in it the other day, ordered a XRC winch for the front-- going to build a winch plate and stinger for it.

(It looked really goofy sitting next to the Sami the other day!)

Attached Images

HUNDY
'11 VIRGIN 2 dr JK

MILITARY TIRES
post #21 of 25 Old 12-27-2010, 11:12 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Regarding the 14' trailer-- I just got off the phone with my DMV guy- he tells me the trailer is in my name and registered, but he needs to order a duplicate title. No biggie. So, clear and clean paperwork on both trailers...

HUNDY
'11 VIRGIN 2 dr JK

MILITARY TIRES
post #22 of 25 Old 12-30-2010, 08:59 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

bump!

HUNDY
'11 VIRGIN 2 dr JK

MILITARY TIRES
post #23 of 25 Old 01-03-2011, 11:16 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Someone please give me a new home! I was lonely all weekend in the garage while Hundy and his crew of vagabonds were wheeling at the HAMMERS without me!!!!

HUNDY
'11 VIRGIN 2 dr JK

MILITARY TIRES
post #24 of 25 Old 01-08-2011, 12:15 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

I received the title in my name for the 2010 14' Carson trailer yesterday! Perm plates.

BTW- The Samster has clean title in my name also-- Ca. green sticker current.

Pull it with your JK!

HUNDY
'11 VIRGIN 2 dr JK

MILITARY TIRES
post #25 of 25 Old 01-09-2011, 04:46 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

S O L D !!!

HUNDY
'11 VIRGIN 2 dr JK

MILITARY TIRES
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode