just a feeler.... - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 11-07-2008, 08:08 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

just a feeler....

I might sell the JK, just wanted to get an idea of what you guys think it is worth.
07 Sahara Red rock
3.5" RE kit+ 1" teraflex spacers up front to level it out
35" Pro Comp MT on 17" Moto Metals
Riddler covers
CB with 3 foot firestick
PSC front bumper
PSC tube fenders
Warn sliders
2-PIAA lights
Red top battery
9.5k Mile Marker winch
27k miles
some more i am sure i forgot to list
Alot of you guys know this is one of the Jeeps on PSC website along with Alec's. As i said this is not a sure thing just seeing what is out there!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"The best beer cooler in the world will always be the edge of your favorite river."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 11-07-2008, 08:36 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Not sure what the book value is, but I would certainly try to remove some of the things like that winch, the PIAA's, the Optima, the cb and firestik...to sell seperate or keep (for a future vehicle?). I know that you will see hardly any increase in market value from those things...especially compared to the possibility of replacing them. Wish you wouldn't sell it, since you are a great person on this forum...and living in Colorado- just doesn't seem right. If you do decide to sell it- good luck.

post #3 of 10 Old 11-07-2008, 08:57 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Not sure what the book value is, but I would certainly try to remove some of the things like that winch, the PIAA's, the Optima, the cb and firestik...to sell seperate or keep (for a future vehicle?). I know that you will see hardly any increase in market value from those things...especially compared to the possibility of replacing them. Wish you wouldn't sell it, since you are a great person on this forum...and living in Colorado- just doesn't seem right. If you do decide to sell it- good luck.

Thanks for the kind words, i appreciate it. Don't worry if this does go through there are already some plans in the work shall we say. I am thinking if i leave some of that on it would help sell it, but i don't know i am just sad even thinking about it.

and by the way just because i don't have a JK can i still come here?

"The best beer cooler in the world will always be the edge of your favorite river."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 11-07-2008, 09:42 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Just don't come here as "banned" and try to screw with us!

I hope it all works out- FWIW (and I've sold a few jeeps and trucks). I don't think that the lights/ winch/ cb and stuff will bring in the "serious" buyer. If they are gonna be able to afford a nice new(er) jeep, than they likely have some extra cash accessible. I think that a nice lift and wheels will be all the perspective (serious) buyer needs to see. If you have the make/ model/ type of vehicle that they are looking for...then the extras will likely not "sell" it or bring in the higher price. You can always remove that stuff and use it to sweeten the deal if they are "on the fence". Whether you keep that stuff/ sell it/ or use it as a bargaining chip...you have a great looking jeep that (if clean/ waxed/ etc) will bring the "right" people to your doorstep.

I had a guy one time give me a hard time regarding what I had used the winch for, how often it had been used, and whether or not it might have caused damage to the frame, brakes, or alternator. I am not sure that he was as serious as much as maybe he wanted me to drop the price, but he wound up not buying it...And it was a NICE jeep at a good price.
post #5 of 10 Old 11-08-2008, 07:27 AM
Wheeler

I agree. I'd strip the little things for use in your new Jeep. You are buying a new Jeep prior to Moab next year... right?? No, you can't ride in the back of mine so you better sell this one quick so we can start on your new rig. I'd list it for $26,900.

Good luck! (btw... fishing is off for tomorrow, sorry)

FishN4x4
If I'm not fishing, I'm 4wheeling!
post #6 of 10 Old 11-08-2008, 07:30 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishn4x4 View Post

(btw... fishing is off for tomorrow, sorry)
that was all i saw in your entire post. now i am real sad thanks!

post #7 of 10 Old 11-08-2008, 05:03 PM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to WTF_LOL

Damn man, hope everything is ok and your still goin to have something to hit the traisl in!!

To answer your question, I am not sure of a value at this time but I have seen people getting good amounts as there are not a lot of used ones out there yet.

The one thing that would help resale a ton would be to trade your tube fenders for my stock fenders. With out a doubt you will be able to sell it for more
post #8 of 10 Old 11-09-2008, 04:18 AM

Well, I certainly hope you are not the JKO first victim of the grossly inept, and irresponsible fiscal policies of the Demotards over the last 8 years...I would strip the vehicle down, and sell it as stock, or as close as you can get it to stock...use the accessories as a deal maker, if necessary...unfortunately, most add ons do not bring a return.

Good luck boss.
post #9 of 10 Old 11-09-2008, 09:14 AM
Wheeler

Having recently been in the market looking for a Jeep, the lift and wheels will appeal to most whether they're hardcore or just wanting to play. Most of the other stuff is personalization that you won't get much return on, and may just scare some others off as too aggressive. But... let them know it's available at the right price. Get it down just beyond stock, and it will be easier to price up.

Myself, I bought new, mainly because I liked the JK over the previous models for me and my family (size, ride, etc.) for a daily driver and toy. There weren't many JK's out there used at the time.

2008 JK Wrangler X - Detonator Yellow

"Yes I am a pirate. Two hundred years to late..."
post #10 of 10 Old 11-10-2008, 12:31 PM
Alec W

I just saw this thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode