FD: Cragar Soft 8s 15x8, 4" BS, NEW IN BOX - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 Old 11-10-2010, 04:06 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

FD: Cragar Soft 8s 15x8, 4" BS, NEW IN BOX

SOLD!

Never mounted! Set of four (4) soft 8s. I picked up a set of wheels & tires used so these are extra.

I'm willing to ship but you pay actual shipping costs from 11747. Ideally, you set it up with your FedEx or UPS account, or I'll drop them off at FedEx/UPS for you if necessary. I take PayPal (but you pay fee if using credit card).

They weigh 27lbs each.

From Summit, these are $47.95 each. I'd like to get $150 OBO (you pay actual shipping).

http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/n...t=IMAG0214.jpg

Thanks.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Adam
First Jeep:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(heavily modded and wheeled!)
Last Jeep:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sunburst Orange

Ordered 11/14/08
Shipped 11/25/08
Delivered 11/28/08

Mods:
Wrangler MT/R 35x12.5x15 on Soft 8's for the trails.
Duratrac 35" on Dick Cepek's for DD'ers.
5.13s, TF 2.5" Coil Lift, LCAs, & track bar, Mopar bumpers, WARN 9.5ti, diff covers, lots o' skids, EVAP relocated, breathers extended, ALLGIG, backup cam, Soundcoat Absorbtion Panels, and more...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 11-10-2010, 09:18 AM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

I've got these exact wheels on my Jeep, they work well.

Good luck with the sale, that is a GREAT price.

post #3 of 26 Old 11-10-2010, 10:13 AM
Rock God

Garage

These are black, right? I might take 'em if so. And I'm in Jersey, so, shipping is unnecessary...

Jersey
Crew
JK retired Wednesday, March 21st, 2012.
07 X 6spd • Clayton 3.5 • OME LT • ORE Gussets/Sleeves • RCV Shafts • JKS Discos & Track • AEV Snorkel • FLW Rear Bumper • RRF Front• PSC Sliders • RROR Skids • Poly P. Ball Joints• Wood's Shafts• Yukon Gears • Maxxis Kreepy Krawlers • Superwinch epi9• Safari Straps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 Old 11-10-2010, 10:13 AM
Wheeler

PM SENT!!!!!!!!!!
post #5 of 26 Old 11-10-2010, 10:33 AM
Wheeler

reading some reviews on these and its hit or miss that they will fit fine with no grinding of the calipers. Sorta of a bummer if its true
post #6 of 26 Old 11-10-2010, 10:45 AM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

I'll post up here, this is purely to help the seller.

I put these on my 08 X with 35" MTRs. We had to run lip weights because inner wheel weights will not work when stacked (the caliper knocks em off).

I put them on the Jeep, ran around for 3000 miles and pulled them to rotate them. All was good, no rubbing.

Ran another 3000 miles and rotated again. This time I had gouges in both front calipers but the wheels were not damaged at all. Steel on the soft caliper material = caliper go bye bye.

I have had no issues with these wheels other than this and have not taken a grinder to my calipers after noticing the marks. There is no rubbing now. LOL

I had pictures but that was before I blended my iphone.

Marcus

post #7 of 26 Old 11-10-2010, 10:45 AM
Rock God

Garage

Yes firewalker, there is a good chance they will not fit, which is no big deal to me as I plan on grinding my calipers to make them fit.

Jersey
Crew
07 X 6spd • Clayton 3.5 • OME LT • ORE Gussets/Sleeves • RCV Shafts • JKS Discos & Track • AEV Snorkel • FLW Rear Bumper • RRF Front• PSC Sliders • RROR Skids • Poly P. Ball Joints• Wood's Shafts• Yukon Gears • Maxxis Kreepy Krawlers • Superwinch epi9• Safari Straps
post #8 of 26 Old 11-10-2010, 12:59 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Hi all. busy day so hard to post, but here goes:

There are new in box and never mounted as I said. I got these and was shopping for tires, then found a complete set of wheels and tires already mounted. So these are for sale. (and yes, they're black)

On some Jeeps they JUST lightly touch the calipers on the side. Most people just drive a few minutes and let the wheel/caliper grind off the 1MM needed. It's really minute. I was worried about the idea until I really looked into it. no biggie.

You can use stick on weights if you want, but just don't stack them. That's what i did on my pro-comp 1069's. Or just go traditional weights.

I will ship these if you want. your dime. I'll use your FedEx or UPS account and you can either schedule a pickup, or I'll even drop them off at one of the locations (but NOT my preference).

Two of these boxes were NEVER opened. They are strapped together, so shipping cost can be calculated by taking a box that's about 15" square, 8" deep, assume they're in pairs, so 15"x16". Weight is about 26lbs each (see initial post and I put the weight there).

As for who gets them? Well let's see: I lived in NJ for 2 years, and Texas for 3 years. Born and raised in NY. So I have no preference other than I like the idiea of no hassle. Or I can go by who posted first.

You guys tell me. I'm easy.

Adam
First Jeep:

Last Jeep:

Sunburst Orange

Ordered 11/14/08
Shipped 11/25/08
Delivered 11/28/08

Mods:
5.13s, TF 2.5" Coil Lift, LCAs, & track bar, Mopar bumpers, WARN 9.5ti, diff covers, lots o' skids, EVAP relocated, breathers extended, ALLGIG, backup cam, Soundcoat Absorbtion Panels, and more...
post #9 of 26 Old 11-10-2010, 01:01 PM
Rock God

Garage

I'm here and paying attention, so, can I call dibs? Luck of the draw style? Save the hassle of shipping and all that jazz? I have my 35's in my garage waiting on wheels.

we probably posted seconds apart from what I can tell. but, i have the tires already and they are lonely.

Jersey
Crew
post #10 of 26 Old 11-10-2010, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Ok. Can u pick up? I can't drive to jersey

Adam
First Jeep:

Last Jeep:

Sunburst Orange

Ordered 11/14/08
Shipped 11/25/08
Delivered 11/28/08

Mods:
post #11 of 26 Old 11-10-2010, 01:11 PM
Rock God

Garage

I'm sure that can be arranged. I have a bearing in my trans that is toast, but, can try to find my way out there with cash in hand. I will just take it slow.

Jersey
Crew
post #12 of 26 Old 11-10-2010, 01:39 PM
Wheeler

Mr. T wins, I almost lost sight of what I was saving up for (bumper, winch, 33s) but this was a damn good sale. Enjoy Mr T.
post #13 of 26 Old 11-10-2010, 01:49 PM
Rock God

Garage

Thanks man. I have been on a hunt. I've had 35" crawlers sitting in my garage waiting for 15's for about a month and a half. Despite my failing trans, the wife would have shot me if I missed this one. I just hope it holds up for the trip to pick them up.

Jersey
Crew
post #14 of 26 Old 11-10-2010, 01:53 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Kick ass.

You got a killer deal. I paid $300 for the same thing last year.

post #15 of 26 Old 11-10-2010, 02:00 PM
Rock God

Garage

tom, if you can make it to morristown on Sunday morning we can take a trip up,

i knwo you are in a bind with the trans so you let me know and im more than happy to help out

and i was just gonna let you know about these

2008 BLACK Unlimited Sahara
Poly Performance 3"on 35" Xterrains and 15" Soft 8s, Front Pro Rock 44, FLW Front Prerunner, FLW Rear Bumper, FLW Rock Sliders, River Raider Gen2 Snorkel, Superior 5.13s,
and

post #16 of 26 Old 11-10-2010, 02:09 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by joePILE View Post
tom, if you can make it to morristown on Sunday morning we can take a trip up,

i knwo you are in a bind with the trans so you let me know and im more than happy to help out

and i was just gonna let you know about these
I might take you up on that Joe. I have never been to Long Island and have no idea where the hell I am going.

Jersey
Crew
post #17 of 26 Old 11-10-2010, 02:53 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

LOL. I'm glad there are no hard feelings.

Getting here is easy. Traffic is another story!

From Morristown, well, if it were me I'd come really early on Sunday and take 78 then up to GWB to cross bronx to Throggs Neck to Cross Island to LIE (495) east to exit 50. Easy. BUT COME EARLY or the cross bronx will swallow you

Or go 78 to Holland Tunnel through lower manhattan to Manhattan bridge (or any one of the three of them) to BQE to LIE to exit 50.

See, it's not the Island that's confusing at all, it's the city if you dont' know it. Either way, it's not that bad. I can be on the NJ side of GWB from my house in 40 minutes without traffic. WITHOUT traffic!

Adam
First Jeep:

Last Jeep:

Sunburst Orange

Ordered 11/14/08
Shipped 11/25/08
Delivered 11/28/08

Mods:
post #18 of 26 Old 11-10-2010, 03:01 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. T View Post
I might take you up on that Joe. I have never been to Long Island and have no idea where the hell I am going.
hey tom if you guys come out to LI hit me up

and the best way to go is varazzano to the belt parkway to the southern state. i think thats the easiest, thats how i come/go to the pines at least. I think it be easier for someone whos never been here either- plus this way if you make a wrong turn you get to go down 5th ave and broadway lol im joking

Last edited by BBirish; 11-10-2010 at 03:03 PM.
post #19 of 26 Old 11-10-2010, 04:31 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

from morristown they can take 287 over towards the george washington bridge too. plenty of options

Adam
First Jeep:

Last Jeep:

Sunburst Orange

Ordered 11/14/08
Shipped 11/25/08
Delivered 11/28/08

Mods:
post #20 of 26 Old 11-10-2010, 05:25 PM
Rock God

Garage

Well i am 5 mins from the outer bridge and about 20 mins from varazzano/brooklyn. Though, if joe knows where he is going I am just going to trust his judgement. From the looks of things, we might be able to pull off Sunday, if that works for you.

Jersey
Crew
post #21 of 26 Old 11-10-2010, 06:00 PM
Rock God

Garage

Whatever time he comes around I'll be there also Adam.. Consider it a double deal.

no jeep here...
post #22 of 26 Old 11-10-2010, 07:56 PM
Rock God

Garage

im down for any time sunday as long as its early

cant do too late cause i gotta coach. honestly ive been to LI a few times, but always following the GPS

2008 BLACK Unlimited Sahara
Poly Performance 3"on 35" Xterrains and 15" Soft 8s, Front Pro Rock 44, FLW Front Prerunner, FLW Rear Bumper, FLW Rock Sliders, River Raider Gen2 Snorkel, Superior 5.13s,
and

post #23 of 26 Old 11-10-2010, 08:06 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

cool. It's a regular meet & greet, only I get paid and you get the rims you need. wahoo.

The earlier the better. PM me for my address and phone number when you're ready.

Anyone else wanna join in? Anyone need anything? parts swapped? something installed, fixed, broken, or just simply made fun of by other JK'ers?

Adam
First Jeep:

Last Jeep:

Sunburst Orange

Ordered 11/14/08
Shipped 11/25/08
Delivered 11/28/08

Mods:
post #24 of 26 Old 11-14-2010, 10:12 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

nice meeting you guys. enjoy the new rims.

...and thanks for breakfast

Adam
First Jeep:

Last Jeep:

Sunburst Orange

Ordered 11/14/08
Shipped 11/25/08
Delivered 11/28/08

Mods:
post #25 of 26 Old 11-14-2010, 10:39 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamIsAdam View Post
nice meeting you guys. enjoy the new rims.

...and thanks for breakfast
It was good to meet you as well! Hopefully I will get some pics of them mounted this week. I'm very excited, thanks again. And thanks for recommending the french toast, it was glorious.

Jersey
Crew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode