WTT 4 37" MT/R with Kevlars for toyos - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 10-23-2010, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

WTT 4 37" MT/R with Kevlars for toyos

They have about 1,000 miles on them, no rock rash. Pro comp 7005s 17"
I am only looking for 37" Toyo Mts on 17" rims will travel for the right deal.
Will now consider KM2s or Krawlers

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by tpafire5; 10-27-2010 at 09:21 AM. Reason: WTT 4 37" MT/R w/Kevlars for Toyo mts/KM2s or Krawlers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 10-23-2010, 04:20 PM
Granite Guru

yo

where they at./

OME HD LONG TRAVEL LIFT F&R TRACK BARS CURRIE UPPER CONTROL ARMS JKS DISCONNECTS
post #3 of 16 Old 10-24-2010, 05:09 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Tampa area

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 10-24-2010, 05:18 AM
Granite Guru

just my luck. i have 37 toyos, but they are for 15" rim.

04 Unlimited
12 JKUS Rock Lobster
post #5 of 16 Old 10-24-2010, 07:04 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpafire5 View Post
They have about 1,000 miles on them, no rock rash. Pro comp 7005s 17"
I am only looking for 37" Toyo Mts on 17" rims will travel for the right deal.
I'm sure you know what you are doing so I hesitate to comment. I want to share my experience with both the Toyo Open Country MT's (37x13.5R17) and the Goodyear MT/R's w/Kevlar (37x12.5R17).

Have you driven a JK with both tires? I have, and have purchased both, first the Toyo's and then the Goodyears. A couple of things I learned.

The Toyo's are heavy (really heavy) load range e (very hard sidewall).
They rob an already underpowered JK of even more power that mine has none to spare.
I had them on pintlers and they needed spacers to fit on mine (I have clayton control arms).
With the spacers they stick out about 2-3 inches from the stock fenders, spraying EVERYTHING up the side (small rocks/big rocks doesn't matter)
In the morning they had flat spots and took a couple of miles before they were round on cold mornings or after the Jeep had been sitting a couple of days.
To get the right wear pattern they need to be at a pretty high pressure.

On the plus side they balanced very easy and after they were moving they drove very nice.

On the other hand the Goodyears are/were a pain to balance. Took a ridiculous amount of weight to balance. But after I got it figured out, they have been a much better tire. They are probably 25lbs lighter per tire. Still have them on the pintlers for now. They fit under the stock flairs with no spacers. They defiantly are easier to get rolling ..... and my mileage is now near 30 mpg. (but I don't keep close track, maybe 13, hell I don't know!)

My vote of course is keep the Goodyears.

post #6 of 16 Old 10-25-2010, 05:01 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by isoyeti View Post
I'm sure you know what you are doing so I hesitate to comment. I want to share my experience with both the Toyo Open Country MT's (37x13.5R17) and the Goodyear MT/R's w/Kevlar (37x12.5R17).

Have you driven a JK with both tires? I have, and have purchased both, first the Toyo's and then the Goodyears. A couple of things I learned.

The Toyo's are heavy (really heavy) load range e (very hard sidewall).
They rob an already underpowered JK of even more power that mine has none to spare.
I had them on pintlers and they needed spacers to fit on mine (I have clayton control arms).
With the spacers they stick out about 2-3 inches from the stock fenders, spraying EVERYTHING up the side (small rocks/big rocks doesn't matter)
In the morning they had flat spots and took a couple of miles before they were round on cold mornings or after the Jeep had been sitting a couple of days.
To get the right wear pattern they need to be at a pretty high pressure.

On the plus side they balanced very easy and after they were moving they drove very nice.

On the other hand the Goodyears are/were a pain to balance. Took a ridiculous amount of weight to balance. But after I got it figured out, they have been a much better tire. They are probably 25lbs lighter per tire. Still have them on the pintlers for now. They fit under the stock flairs with no spacers. They defiantly are easier to get rolling ..... and my mileage is now near 30 mpg. (but I don't keep close track, maybe 13, hell I don't know!)

My vote of course is keep the Goodyears.

that's quite a big mileage gap.

i had 37 mtrs before i put the toyos on. i loved my mtrs and i could power brake them too! even with the detroit in the rear i could power brake them on dry pavement! i like how wide my toyos are but they are definitely heavier than my mtrs were. i can't spin them over at all and dry pavement and have a hard time doing it on wet pavement. they have tons of grip. i'm very impressed with them.

04 Unlimited
12 JKUS Rock Lobster
post #7 of 16 Old 10-25-2010, 08:52 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I went from toyos to my mtrs, and I just miss the wider tire. I will be regearing in the next couple weeks so the weight doesn't bother me.

post #8 of 16 Old 10-26-2010, 04:26 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpafire5 View Post
I went from toyos to my mtrs, and I just miss the wider tire. I will be regearing in the next couple weeks so the weight doesn't bother me.
My comments above applied to being geared at 5.13 (what I have). Man I can't imagine what it would have been like at 4.10's.

btw Treaddepot.com seemed to have the best price on Toyo's when I was looking. I bet you could sell your MT/R's outright and just buy new. (just a thought)

post #9 of 16 Old 10-26-2010, 05:06 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I wish I could but its my DD and my wife already is not happy that I want to trade after just getting them on.

post #10 of 16 Old 10-26-2010, 05:20 AM
Granite Guru

the wide look is what i like most of the toyos over the mtrs. i had the old style mtrs. the floatation and grip is way better with the wide toyos than the mtrs.

04 Unlimited
12 JKUS Rock Lobster
post #11 of 16 Old 10-27-2010, 09:20 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Will consider KM2s or Krawlers

post #12 of 16 Old 10-29-2010, 04:49 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

anybody

post #13 of 16 Old 11-02-2010, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

still wanting to trade

post #14 of 16 Old 11-02-2010, 09:14 PM
Wheeler

35s

I have a set of toyo 35s on pro comp rock crawler rims ill trade ya. bout 70% left on them in excellant shape
post #15 of 16 Old 11-03-2010, 06:07 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Good luck Mike. I heard you talking about this at Jeeptoberfest.... and I also saw the look on her face when you said it.

Free BUMP for ya!
post #16 of 16 Old 11-04-2010, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Thanks Joker,

I am definitely wanting to stay with 37".
Thanks For the offer.

I will consider Nitto mud grapplers also.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode