(5) LIKE NEW 2010 Mountain Edition wheels/tires/TPMS - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 09-02-2010, 11:11 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

(5) LIKE NEW 2010 Mountain Edition wheels/tires/TPMS

SOLD.

I'm selling (5) LIKE NEW wheels/tires off of my 2010 Wrangler Unlimited Mountain Edition.

The wheels are in PERFECT condition, not a nick or scratch. They are the 5x5 17" limited edition mineral gray MOAB wheels available only with the Mountain Edition.

The Rubicon BF Goodrich Mud Terrain KM tires are the 32" (LT255/75R17) tires standard on the Rubicon. Four of the tires have 1800 miles, the fifth of course zero miles.

As these are coming straight off of a one month old Jeep next week, I'm leaving all TPMS sensors installed, and they have the new rubber valve stems, which eliminate the corrosion and breaking problems of the pre-2010 steel stems.

New, the best price I'm finding for this wheel/tire/TPMS is about $450 each, which would be $2,250 for five. I'm asking $1250 (or best four digit offer!) plus shipping for all five (prefer pickup of course), or trade for a LIKE NEW black four door hardtop. Located in Louisville, KY, and willing to meet halfway within a few hours... road trip!

These are a couple of cell phone pics; I can take and email you better pictures of each wheel if you're interested! You can also click here to see the stock photos on the Jeep site.

(I have the center caps for all five wheels, it's off the spare for a rear view camera)

2010 Mango Tango JKU
Teraflex 6" Long Arm, Teraflex Dana60 front/rear axles, RIPP Supercharger, Poison Spyder armor, and a ton of other stuff. The grill is still stock.

Last edited by chrispage; 09-14-2010 at 08:28 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 09-02-2010, 11:55 AM
Rock God

These would look awesome on my dark charcoal Jeep! Any idea on shipping to 19014 ( Aston, PA ). And how far are you willing to drive ? Road trip may be a good thing - never been to Kentucky.

Let me know.

Thanks

Ron - 2010 Wrangler JK Sport 4dr - Dark Charcoal
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" Jimmy Buffet

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 15 Old 09-02-2010, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
These would look awesome on my dark charcoal Jeep! Any idea on shipping to 19014 ( Aston, PA ). And how far are you willing to drive ? Road trip may be a good thing - never been to Kentucky.

Let me know.

Thanks
You're right, what a sweet color Jeep for these wheels. I don't know how to get an exact estimate on shipping (if someone knows, let me know!). I went to the UPS site, and ground shipping from my zip code to your for 150lbs (the max I can put in their calculator) is about $120, and I'd guess these wheels/tires are 60+lbs each... and I don't know what packaging/straps would be required.

So my wild guess would be $200+ for shipping, which would sync with the typical ~$200 shipping I see on sets of FOUR wheels/tires on eBay, etc.

Google Maps says you're about 700 miles and 12 hours away... with some planning, I could swing a day trip as far as Charleston, W. Va., which would shave about 250 miles and four hours off of your commute each way. That's easily $120 in gas for me (gotta love Jeep MPG!), but hey, there's something special about driving your Jeep through West Virginia, right?

Let me know what you think. The wheels are coming off at the end of next week when the new lift kit and wheels go on...

2010 Mango Tango JKU
Teraflex 6" Long Arm, Teraflex Dana60 front/rear axles, RIPP Supercharger, Poison Spyder armor, and a ton of other stuff. The grill is still stock.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 09-02-2010, 08:47 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

ADDED NOTE: I've been asked WILL THESE WHEELS FIT MY JEEP?

A 5x5" bolt pattern will fit the following Jeeps without requiring any adapters:

* 2006+ Commander (XK)
* 1999-2004 Grand Cherokee (WJ)
* 2005+ Grand Cherokee (WK)
* 2007+ Wrangler (JK)
* 2007+ Wrangler Unlimited (JK)

If you have an earlier Jeep, depending on your bolt pattern, you'll need a Jeep wheel adapter kit such as this one:

http://www.xtremeterrain.com/5x45int...pidertrax.aspx

If you don't know your bolt pattern (or what a bolt pattern is) refer to this post:

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f105/je...rns-10790.html

(I apologize if there's a similar post here, you can send me the link and I'll update this post.)

2010 Mango Tango JKU

Last edited by chrispage; 09-02-2010 at 09:28 PM.
post #5 of 15 Old 09-04-2010, 09:12 PM
Wheeler

Free bump for another Louisville guy on here...
post #6 of 15 Old 09-05-2010, 02:24 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
ADDED NOTE: I've been asked WILL THESE WHEELS FIT MY JEEP?

A 5x5" bolt pattern will fit the following Jeeps without requiring any adapters:

* 2006+ Commander (XK)
* 1999-2004 Grand Cherokee (WJ)
* 2005+ Grand Cherokee (WK)

* 2007+ Wrangler (JK)
* 2007+ Wrangler Unlimited (JK)
Just a heads up, Commanders/Cherokees will need a lift or some sheet metal choppage to run those tires. Hate to see a non-JK buyer pay that much for tires he can't use...
post #7 of 15 Old 09-05-2010, 05:48 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenJK View Post
Just a heads up, Commanders/Cherokees will need a lift or some sheet metal choppage to run those tires. Hate to see a non-JK buyer pay that much for tires he can't use...
Thanks for that! I'd hate to be on the receiving end of THAT phone call!

2010 Mango Tango JKU
post #8 of 15 Old 09-06-2010, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

BUMP - these things are perfect and pretty much new, with TPMS! Make a reasonable offer (i.e. a four digit offer) so they're not sitting in my garage forever...

You'll love them, and you don't see mineral gray Moab riding around!

2010 Mango Tango JKU
post #9 of 15 Old 09-06-2010, 04:07 PM
Granite Guru

Wish you were closer to me. I have been trying to find someone selling these wheels that didn't require an all day trip.
post #10 of 15 Old 09-09-2010, 05:12 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

UPDATE 9/9/2010 - Tires sold (traded for a hardtop actually). Now selling the (5) wheels and TPMS! $600 plus shipping, or a little less if you pick up! These wheels aren't available aftermarket yet, and the regular silver Moab wheels are $280/each with TPMS!

2010 Mango Tango JKU
post #11 of 15 Old 09-13-2010, 11:11 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

UPDATE 9/13/2010 - Tires NOT sold, back to selling the set...

The drama of "sold" then "not sold" then "sold" then "my wife says no" is wearing me out! Dropping the price to $1100 plus shipping, or $1050 if you pick up in Louisville, KY!

2010 Mango Tango JKU
post #12 of 15 Old 09-13-2010, 06:35 PM
Wheeler

Not interested in purchasing, but did notice you are selling the TPMS with the wheels. Are you planning on running without the TPMS on your new wheels? I am replacing my OEM wheels and I am considering swaping the TPMS with the new wheels.
post #13 of 15 Old 09-14-2010, 08:28 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Everything sold, thanks!

2010 Mango Tango JKU
post #14 of 15 Old 09-14-2010, 08:34 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gakmrk View Post
Not interested in purchasing, but did notice you are selling the TPMS with the wheels. Are you planning on running without the TPMS on your new wheels? I am replacing my OEM wheels and I am considering swaping the TPMS with the new wheels.
I considered keeping the TPMS, but with the hassle of pulling them out of the original wheels (since I'm selling wheels/tires as a set) and putting them in the new wheels (which I'm receiving mounted/balanced), and also being told it's easy to tear them up in the process and I'd probably need a rebuild kit, I decided not to fool with it.

The second option was to buy TPMS sensors with the new wheels, but I really have no need for them, so I decided to save the $200+ which I'll happily spend on something else for the Jeep!

I'm no expert, and I'm sure lots of folks have "TPMS saved my life and cures cancer" stories, but I figure between deflating for off-road and keeping an eye on my tire pressure anyway, I'm going to run without it, and just disable with my AEV ProCal.

2010 Mango Tango JKU

Last edited by chrispage; 09-14-2010 at 08:37 AM.
post #15 of 15 Old 09-15-2010, 03:33 AM
Wheeler

That is what I am planning on doing as well. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode