FS:Home built M416 "The Mule" - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 07-14-2010, 02:49 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage
FS:Home built M416 "The Mule"

Well Gang, I think I'm going to put this puppy up for sale. As I've hinted to in previous posts, I'm trying to finance a start-up venture to start building a variation of the M416 as well as a few other items both for trailer builders and fellow JK owners.

So rather than keep this trailer, I've decided to turn this one loose and invest in my current build. The new trailer will more closely reflect the trailer I'll be offering as it is a foot longer and 9" wider than the M416.

I'm having a hard time throwing a price on this one though as it has a lot of heart in it. $$$ wise I've got around $1600 invested in it with all the parts and materials. If you have read the build thread completely, then you know other than the frame (except the tongue) and the fenders, this is all new metal and parts. So to the right member I might let it go for my cost, but would prefer of course to make a little profit to throw into my start-up. This is not a perfect unit, but it is definitely an excellent platform to start from as 95% of the tough stuff is already completed. With a new lid or cleaning up the existing one and adding a RTT, this trailer is basically ready for a back country adventure.

How about $2k OBO for everything "as is" except the Max-Coupler Hitch as I need it on my current build.

A few of the key details:
-32" BFG KMs on stock Rubi Rims (worn but still great for a trailer)
-3500 lb Dexter Axle (5 on 5 pattern with 1.5" spacers)
-Electric Actuated Lid
-Locking Tail gate
-Enclosed Cobra 75
-700w Inverter with two outlets
-Blue LED interior lights
-20lb Propane tank (1/4 to 1/2 full)
-expired but still quite usable Optima Yellow Top
-LED Taillights
-Original tie down hooks (in case you want to remove the lid permanently)

Oh and I can build a new lid for a minimal cost later if you would like. Located in Central Florida (Orlando area), I can even deliver to a reasonable distance. If its not sold by then, I will even have this up in the Savannah, GA area in Sept.

Link to the build's slideshow (link to the actual build is in my sig)
http://s60.photobucket.com/albums/h9...view=slideshow

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-14-2010, 06:16 AM
Rock God

If it's not sold by September(when you come to our show) and I can save some more mad money,I'll take it!

'08 Rubicon UL Red Rock(SOLD)
'83 CJ-7
post #3 of 7 Old 07-14-2010, 07:07 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Well if you know for sure you are going to have it, I'll hold it for ya....throw a deposit down and I'll even look into putting a better lid on it. I got some time to put into it, its the space that might get me now, I have the other trailer framed and waiting on suspension parts. If there is anything else you think you might want to add, let me know and I'll see what I can do for ya.

/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 07-14-2010, 07:30 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki646 View Post
Well if you know for sure you are going to have it, I'll hold it for ya....throw a deposit down and I'll even look into putting a better lid on it. I got some time to put into it, its the space that might get me now, I have the other trailer framed and waiting on suspension parts. If there is anything else you think you might want to add, let me know and I'll see what I can do for ya.
Thanks,give me a minute to think about it and check my funds.I'll let you know very soon,but certainly don't hold for me for now.PM me your absolute bottom dollar and I may just go ahead pay it in full.

'08 Rubicon UL Red Rock(SOLD)
'83 CJ-7
post #5 of 7 Old 07-14-2010, 07:40 AM
Granite Guru

If you sell the trailer with a better lid, I'm interested in the existing lid.

I need a flat hard top for mine so I can strap my kayak on top.

2007 JK Rubi Unlimited - 5" Teraflex, 37" Iroks
2005 LJ - HP60, 14 Bolt, 39.5, some other stuff
1978 J10 SOA and 35's

post #6 of 7 Old 07-14-2010, 08:04 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRANGLERV8 View Post
Thanks,give me a minute to think about it and check my funds.I'll let you know very soon,but certainly don't hold for me for now.PM me your absolute bottom dollar and I may just go ahead pay it in full.
PM Sent!

/

post #7 of 7 Old 07-14-2010, 10:19 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Sale Pending!.......

/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode