Receiver Hitch OEM Looking - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 07-12-2008, 11:40 PM Thread Starter

Receiver Hitch OEM Looking

Black small factory looking hitch with bolts. Brand new 99.00, sell for 60.00 never used.
Attached Images

Last edited by mjandwes; 07-30-2008 at 07:06 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 07-13-2008, 07:05 AM
Rock God

is it OEM or another brand? I need one bad

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 LJ - current
2007 4dr Rubicon - sold Project- JK
2007 2dr X - sold JK-forum
post #3 of 8 Old 07-30-2008, 07:07 AM Thread Starter

BUMP.................
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 07-31-2008, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjerm View Post
is it OEM or another brand? I need one bad

Rugged Ridge is the only brand that I know of that outsources to Asia the manufacture of MOPAR copies of the JK receiver hitch...earlier models were not tow rated, newer ones are...can be had for as little as $49.00. Personally, I would stick with the made in USA brands such as Draw Tite/Hidden Hitch...check www.etrailer.com
post #5 of 8 Old 07-31-2008, 04:54 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustoff '68 View Post
Rugged Ridge is the only brand that I know of that outsources to Asia the manufacture of MOPAR copies of the JK receiver hitch...earlier models were not tow rated, newer ones are...can be had for as little as $49.00. Personally, I would stick with the made in USA brands such as Draw Tite/Hidden Hitch...check www.etrailer.com
I had the Rugged Ridge hitch on my last JK and it did fine towing the 16' trailer a few times, carrying the bike rack a lot and being used as a recovery point with the D-ring shackle in it. I am ok with buying things made outside on the country seeing that everything now days pretty much is. Even if something assembled in USA the parts usually come from everywhere else except USA.

I also had their front bumper, stinger, and rock rails and had zero issues with them and I donít wheel lightly.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 LJ - current
2007 4dr Rubicon - sold Project- JK
2007 2dr X - sold JK-forum
post #6 of 8 Old 08-03-2008, 08:58 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjerm View Post
I had the Rugged Ridge hitch on my last JK and it did fine towing the 16' trailer a few times, carrying the bike rack a lot and being used as a recovery point with the D-ring shackle in it. I am ok with buying things made outside on the country seeing that everything now days pretty much is. Even if something assembled in USA the parts usually come from everywhere else except USA.

I also had their front bumper, stinger, and rock rails and had zero issues with them and I donít wheel lightly.
Are you interested in the hitch? If you are, then make an offer. I do not mind helping other jeepers. I have owned the new Rugged Ridge front XHD bumper system for awhile now and it is an awsome looking and has outstanding stability.
post #7 of 8 Old 08-21-2008, 10:29 AM Thread Starter

BUMP>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
post #8 of 8 Old 08-21-2008, 10:47 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Purchased the Curt Manuf. Inc receiver hitch for my jk...The quality is great. I've used it with a HEAVY rack...loaded w/ about 100- 150 lbs of firewood, cooler, jeep parts, etc...and never needed to retorque the mount hdwre. Also have used it to pull out some stuck rigs and it performed with NO issues. MOST IMPORTANT...MADE IN USA.

Gross Trailer wt. 3,400 lbs
Max tongue wt. 350 or 400 lbs. (not positive...)
Weight distribution 4,000 lbs
Tow Vehicle Rated- V-5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode