2010 MyGig RER - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 Old 01-06-2010, 07:14 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

2010 MyGig RER - SOLD!

SOLD SOLD SOLD

Update 1/11/2010 - SOLD! leaving thread in tact for future people to search on the antenna locations and "going rate".

Hi all, I wanted a simple stereo system, but the Rubicon I ended up picking had the MyGig with all the bells as whistles - NAV, uConnect, latest ROM, etc. Dealer didn't want to swap stereos since it was on the sticker. I've used this since Dec 22nd, loaded some music, used the NAV here and there but mainly just use my iPhone through the AUX jack as all of my music is already there. Will wipe out all the music/nav history or reset to factory condition if I can figure out how prior to removal.

Update 1/8/2010
--------------------
kochrk sold me a RES, put it in about 30 minutes ago. BTW, kochrk is a great guy to deal with, much thanks Rudy!

I reset the RER to the factory defaults (which deleted my NAV waypoints and erased the music on the hard drive). Pulled the RER out, packed up in the box the RES came in and it's ready to be sold. I removed the NAV antenna, but the Christmas tree pins both met an untimely death in getting them out - you'll need to pick up two at your local auto parts store or dealer to install the NAV antenna.

As for the Sirius antenna and the uConnect mic - I couldn't figure out how to get the connectors for either of the antennas through the dash without taking it apart, so unfortunately neither of those are going to be available. Sending PMs to those who inquired.

Also, I didn't realize the Sirius code was in the unit, not in the PCM or otherwise, so the radio will come with the remainder of my Sirius subscription for free. Should be 11 months remaining (plus a week I think). Not putting it back in the dash just to remove the code.

That being said, new prices are:

MyGig (w/o NAV antenna) $1000 SOLD!
NAV antenna $50 SOLD!

- or -

MyGig and NAV antenna $1025. SOLD!

Both prices are shipped to the lower 48, will eat paypal fees as well.

BTW, someone asked me just a minute ago - am I looking for anything in trade. Things I would consider (plus cash on your end) are as follows:

Bumpers: Smittybuilt SRC or MBRP full width w/ winch plate
Winches: Superwinch EP(i) 9.0 or Warn M8000 / 9.5ti / XD9000
Rock Guards: Stonehenge or AtoZ 4 door black powdercoated rails
Trailers: 4'x6' or 5'x'8 utility or off-road rigs.
Hand guns: 1911 in .40 caliber (depending on brand and condition, would work on cash from either party)

At this point though, pure cash and local deals would get priority.

------------------
end 1/8 update
------------------

Know I'm new here, so here's a link to my eBay Feedback over the past 10 years if you are worried about the n00b scams (I know I would be). my ebay feedback page.

-Steve

2010 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited - Red Rock Crystal Pearl. BFG KM2 35's, Procomp 7189s, FinishLineWest Stonehenge series rock sliders, pre-runner front and Gen 4.0 rear bumpers, Volant intake.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Kenne Bell 2.6L blower @ 7psi, stock bottom end, stock 78mm TB, Kooks 1 3/4" long tubes w/ X-pipe. 426 rwhp/458 tq.

Last edited by dsaxman; 01-11-2010 at 08:19 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 01-06-2010, 07:27 AM
Rock God

Garage

ive been wanting one of these for quite some time now... i have the bone stock radio, i believe the one you are getting... if i had the money you would have already sold it...

I LIVE, I RIDE, I DESTROY, ANYTHING I GET BEHIND THE WHEEL OF
Quote:
Originally Posted by karnuvore View Post
But you either support your troops or you are shit.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 22 Old 01-06-2010, 07:58 AM
JKO Addict!

this is on my list of must gets.... just hard to part with $800 ish for a radio

2015 JKU Sport Virgin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 Old 01-06-2010, 09:29 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I have the RES in my '09 and like it. I grew out of the mega car stereo thing years ago. I'd like the get an RER for the NAV. Just have other things to spend $1k on first. It's a good deal for someone, surprised nobody jumped on it yet.

, Granite,
, ProComp 7069 17x9, Cooper STT Pro 37's, Warn M8000, ACE ProSeries Bumpers, RROR Skids, Poly Tie Rod and Drag Link, Ten Factory Chromoly Rear Axles
post #5 of 22 Old 01-06-2010, 10:43 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsaxman View Post
Hi all, I wanted a simple stereo system, but the Rubicon I ended up picking had the MyGig with all the bells as whistles - NAV, uConnect, latest ROM, etc. Dealer didn't want to swap stereos since it was on the sticker. I've used this since Dec 22nd, loaded some music, used the NAV here and there but mainly just use my iPhone through the AUX jack as all of my music is already there. Will wipe out all the music/nav history or reset to factory condition if I can figure out how prior to removal.

Anyhow, I'm picking up an RES to replace it, so my MyGig will be available shortly. I'm looking into how to remove the GPS and/or Sirius antennas. Can include them with the unit or will sell separately.

MyGig w/o antenna(e) $1000
- or -
MyGig w/ antenna(e) $1100.

Both prices are shipped to the lower 48, will eat paypal fees as well.

Just antennas, $50 each + shipping, assuming I can get them out easily.

Also, I used the Sirius radio for about 1 hour, not my cup of tea, so if that's transferable, willing to let that go as well - if you can let me know how to do it, make an offer or will include free w/ purchase of the MyGig.

Know I'm new here, so here's a link to my eBay Feedback over the past 10 years if you are worried about the n00b scams (I know I would be). my ebay feedback page.

-Steve
Damn! Where was this about 2 weeks ago... If it's still here in Feb, I'm all over it!

post #6 of 22 Old 01-06-2010, 10:46 AM
JKO Addict!

blah blah blah

2015 JKU Sport Virgin

Last edited by GreenAmphibious; 01-06-2010 at 01:25 PM.
post #7 of 22 Old 01-06-2010, 11:18 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK08X View Post
Damn! Where was this about 2 weeks ago... If it's still here in Feb, I'm all over it!
It was still sitting on the lot ;-)

2010 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited - Red Rock Crystal Pearl. BFG KM2 35's, Procomp 7189s, FinishLineWest Stonehenge series rock sliders, pre-runner front and Gen 4.0 rear bumpers, Volant intake.

- Kenne Bell 2.6L blower @ 7psi, stock bottom end, stock 78mm TB, Kooks 1 3/4" long tubes w/ X-pipe. 426 rwhp/458 tq.
post #8 of 22 Old 01-06-2010, 11:22 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenAmphibious View Post
they have been going for $800 ish on EBay but I think that is without antenna
Not according to the research I did - 2008 models are going for that. One 2009 model sold for $1099. My price isn't firm, but considering the thing is brand spanking new, I'm not letting it go for half of what it was on the sticker.

post #9 of 22 Old 01-06-2010, 12:54 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Figured out where the NAV antenna is - won't know about the Sirius antenna until I take the unit out of the dash or someone points me to it.

post #10 of 22 Old 01-06-2010, 01:24 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Not according to the research I did - 2008 models are going for that. One 2009 model sold for $1099. My price isn't firm, but considering the thing is brand spanking new, I'm not letting it go for half of what it was on the sticker.
oh didn't mean to bash your price yours is brand spankin new and complete.... good price, sorry edited my post

2015 JKU Sport Virgin
post #11 of 22 Old 01-06-2010, 01:30 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenAmphibious View Post
oh didn't mean to bash your price yours is brand spankin new and complete.... good price, sorry edited my post
no worries - actually was a good point that I didn't mention as to why I'm asking more than the 2008's on fleabay.

post #12 of 22 Old 01-06-2010, 02:17 PM
Granite Guru

Send a message via AIM to 08RubiUnlimited

PM sent to you.
post #13 of 22 Old 01-07-2010, 11:11 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

All PMs replied to. Still available.

post #14 of 22 Old 01-07-2010, 01:30 PM
TJT
Rock God

I think your price is a great deal, especially for a 2010 take-off.

If I had not just bought an '09 a month ago, I would be all over this!

Good luck with your sale.
post #15 of 22 Old 01-07-2010, 03:20 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Thanks, should be taking it out this weekend. Have several interested parties, a few offers less than what I'm asking and lots of people who wish they had the cash to buy it, but no solid takers at asking price so far.

BTW, people should keep in mind, if you're going to offer me less than what I'm asking, realize that I'm eating $30 in paypal fees and $40-60 in shipping (weight and insurance), so if you offer me $200 less, I'm not going to ship free and you should add 3% on top of whatever you offer. That's just courtesy - I'm already asking 60% of list and throwing in another 10% in fees/shipping on my asking price. </rant>

post #16 of 22 Old 01-07-2010, 03:53 PM
Granite Guru

Send a message via MSN to superdavis78 Send a message via Yahoo to superdavis78 Send a message via Skype™ to superdavis78

Quote:
Figured out where the NAV antenna is - won't know about the Sirius antenna until I take the unit out of the dash or someone points me to it.
Sirius Sat. Antenna is on the passenger side, on the top of the speaker bar. It's mounted to a small black plate. Pretty easy to get too if have a soft top...if you have a hard top, it will need to be taken off or slide it back about 10-12 inches. Be careful when you take the wiring out...those plastic upholstery pins are a pain in the ass!!!

2012 Jeep Wrangler Sport
post #17 of 22 Old 01-07-2010, 05:16 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

You'll need the Sirius antenna for the RES.

, Granite,
, ProComp 7069 17x9, Cooper STT Pro 37's, Warn M8000, ACE ProSeries Bumpers, RROR Skids, Poly Tie Rod and Drag Link, Ten Factory Chromoly Rear Axles
post #18 of 22 Old 01-07-2010, 11:12 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdavis78 View Post
Sirius Sat. Antenna is on the passenger side, on the top of the speaker bar. It's mounted to a small black plate. Pretty easy to get too if have a soft top...if you have a hard top, it will need to be taken off or slide it back about 10-12 inches. Be careful when you take the wiring out...those plastic upholstery pins are a pain in the ass!!!
Cool, thanks for the tip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike View Post
You'll need the Sirius antenna for the RES.
Not if I don't plan on using the Sirius subscription, right?

post #19 of 22 Old 01-08-2010, 12:43 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Updated the main post with status and prices.

post #20 of 22 Old 01-08-2010, 01:06 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Updated again with trade options

post #21 of 22 Old 01-10-2010, 11:44 AM
Granite Guru

SOLD to me!! Thanks Steve
post #22 of 22 Old 01-11-2010, 08:16 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROADKING View Post
SOLD to me!! Thanks Steve
Thanks Chris, pleasure doing business with you. Hope you enjoy it.

-Steve

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode