JK 2dr Kargomaster Congo Cage / Safari Rack - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 09-09-2009, 09:49 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

JK 2dr Kargomaster Congo Cage / Safari Rack

SOLD

I had this for sale this time last year, trying again.

Will trade for a powertank regulator.

I'll consider any offers.

This rack is located in northern Virginia. I will NOT ship, but can meet you within reasonable traveling distance and we can team up to remove this accessory from my jeep and place it on yours.

Last edited by oZmonKey; 09-23-2009 at 08:49 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 09-09-2009, 10:00 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to paramaniac

good luck Oz, i recently unloaded my 4 door kargo master cage after about 3 months of posting between JKF, craigslist and flyers at the supermarkets!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 Old 09-09-2009, 10:43 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

which method paid off?

actually, the supermarket down the street always (and i mean always) has at least 2 wranglers in the parking lot. generally there's alot of JK's in the area, so that's not a bad idea with the flyer idea.

Last edited by oZmonKey; 09-09-2009 at 10:46 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 09-09-2009, 11:08 PM
Granite Guru

How does this work with top removal? It seems to me that it's hinged at the rear bumper and then just needs a disconnect up front somehow? Any chance you could include another picture as such or explain it? I may not be able to swing out that direction conveniently, but knowing is half the battle...

2008 Wrangler X
--Jeep Green w/soft-top

2013 Unlimited Sport
--Gecko
post #5 of 10 Old 09-09-2009, 11:27 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichthus View Post
How does this work with top removal? It seems to me that it's hinged at the rear bumper and then just needs a disconnect up front somehow? Any chance you could include another picture as such or explain it? I may not be able to swing out that direction conveniently, but knowing is half the battle...
Honestly, I've never messed with it since it was installed. However I can tell you these givens:
The hard top will slide out the back as nothing is blocking it in.
The cage does pivot back at the rear pins, it came with prop rods (about 3 feet worth) to keep it at a halfway point. I suppose this would help in keeping it out of the way of a soft top (which I don't have) being opened or closed.
There are two bolts, one on each side, that need to be removed in order to pivot back.
post #6 of 10 Old 09-10-2009, 07:29 AM
Granite Guru

about how much are you looking for it and can this work with an aftermarket rear bumper?
post #7 of 10 Old 09-10-2009, 08:47 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by oZmonKey View Post
which method paid off?

actually, the supermarket down the street always (and i mean always) has at least 2 wranglers in the parking lot. generally there's alot of JK's in the area, so that's not a bad idea with the flyer idea.
sadly... the "other" forum

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 10 Old 09-10-2009, 08:49 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichthus View Post
http://www.quadratec.com/products/12138_006.htm

check out this link... its basically the same for the 2 door and 4 door. (this is also a shameless plug as the JK in the pics is mine!)

the bolts that hold the front bars to the mounting point at the front windshield get removed and the whole rack tips back on the rear hinge mounting point. its a little heavy, but it works!

post #9 of 10 Old 09-10-2009, 04:08 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamAWebb View Post
about how much are you looking for it and can this work with an aftermarket rear bumper?
Best offer closest to $500 However I am willing to barter and in particular, am in the market for a CO2 regulator, preferably a Powertank model.

I didn't mention that this is direct bolt on, no drill.

The rear brackets bolt to the frame and snake up to the top of the factory bumper, so depending on the geometry of the aftermarket piece, it may, or may not work.
post #10 of 10 Old 09-23-2009, 08:50 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Sold via craigslisting

fnord
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode