f/s--> 98 Chevy Tracker 2wd conv - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 08-10-2009, 04:56 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via MSN to b1pig
f/s--> 98 Chevy Tracker 2wd conv

I got stuck with this one... i have too many vehicles.

Asking for $2200

Selling a 1998 Chevy (Geo) Tracker. It is a 2wd, door. 1.6 liter 16v engine with auto transmission. I put a BRAND NEW Bestop replace-a-top on it.... NEW battery, NEW belts. The big new thing is the engine. I rebuilt the engine and it has about 40 miles on it as of this posting. It still needs more break-in, but it runs excellent. It was built with a complete engine kit (new pistions and rings, oil pump, water pump), machine work was performed by NAPA in Valdosta. The crank and rods are replacements... std. mains, 10under rods. The head was in excellent shape and no macnine work was necessary. This is my second tracker engine build. the other was a '90 8v (same block) which i built in 2005. if you like you can compare my work, I still own it.

The interior is in really good shape. it has the split rear seats (50/50) which many tracker/sidekick owners like. I put new seat covers and a steering wheel cover on it. You can take them off to look at the seats if you like, they are in good shape with no tears. The A/C works. This is a little soft-top and the A/C is fully charged, but it doesnt freeze you out on hot days. It only makes it more comfortable. As the day cools off, the Tracker does, too. You can feel it blow cold air, it just can't keep up. I put 4 used tires on it (235/75/15) which is a little taller than original (205/75) and causes the speedometer to read 5 under. I verified this with my GPS. The exhaust is quiet and in good shape. You can barely hear it running. The paint is in "ok" condition. there are two places it is bad. One, apparently a previous owner tipped a battery over as they were replacing it and the paint suffered. This is on the right front fender. There is a spot rusted through the tailgate about 6" in diameter. I was going to Bondo the hole. Its there for you to see. I'll leave it alone. There is a small dent in the lower portion of the left door. My wife never noticed until I pointed it out. This little truck rides good. It tracks straight. I've only had it finished about a month or so. The only driving time I have in it has been since I rebuilt the engine. It was not running when I bought it.

You can come and check it out. It is NOT INSURED... so driving is limited to my yard/driveway...

I'm listing this at work and I THINK the odometer reads in the area of 85,000 miles. Remember that the engine is fresh with 40 miles on it. I was told by the guy I bought it from that the transmission was serviced prior to the engine failing. I cant say for sure, but it does shift good. I'd keep it if I didn't need my money back out of this little truck. KBB shows the values as "Excellent- $2,445 Good- $2,195 Fair- $1,845"

http://valdosta.craigslist.org/cto/1315028502.html

Its in Ray City, GA... about 40 miles north of Florida.

pics:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'19 Ram 1500, '01 BMW R1100RT, '99 Fat Boy
needed: ̶b̶o̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ plane
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-10-2009, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

oh...
i've been getting busted on other forums for the seat covers....

this was supposed to be driven by a young lady.... laugh till you're content.

post #3 of 4 Old 08-10-2009, 07:04 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

i did .seems like it be a good little commuter rig

'92 YJ
'13 WK2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 08-10-2009, 07:32 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

my lifted '90...
i ended up driving it more than my modded ZJ that i just got rid of.

the a/c actually works in this one.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode