Rubi D44's, Rubi T-Case, Factory 4 Half Doors, Rubi Wheels/tires, Soft top - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 47 Old 06-02-2009, 05:54 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Rubi D44's, Rubi T-Case, Factory 4 Half Doors, Rubi Wheels/tires, Soft top

RUBICON DRIVELINE

OK... long story short I bought a new Jeep and my Jeep is going to be an onroad vehicle with some mudding. So I want to part some parts for mods. I am parting rubicon Axles front and Rear with lockers. Front 1310 RE driveshaft and rear driveshaft. And Automatic Tranny T-Case (rubicon model). The gears are stock but the rear axle has alloyusa shafts.

Everything has 28K miles on it

I will need your 2 axles, driveshaft, and t-case.

This is an awesome deal for you to make your x a Rubicon for cheap.

I need this to be done asap as I need to drive this rig back to NY.

Your parts MUST be 4wd.

Now the price... $3400 for the axles and t-case. $300 for the driveshafts. (3700 total).

BUT you Must get the axles switched. This offer is great if your mechanically inclined. I can help you at your place but I'm no expert and would prefer you to be more knowledgeable than me in this subject. I will travel up to 800 miles (you pay for gas) to get this done, we take 2 days off and do the work and I travel back.

OR you can have all this done at a shop on your dime, either way... I'm just looking to get the $3600 and your axles and t-case.

EDIT: $3600 for swap of parts. I give you my parts, you give me yours + $3600. No work needed to be done. Does that sound fair? (will help you install if you help me, but that's optional).

.... or $3000 for the original offer, but you do all the work to install on both Jeeps.

RUBICON TIRES

I got 5 Brand New (200 miles, drive from dealership) Rubicon tires and wheels. $600 plus your tires/wheels (x or sahara any size, any tread).

Since it's a trade this is for pickup only.

EDIT: or $800 for the tires (no trade)

HALF DOORS for 4 DOOR

Black.... JEEP has less than 200 miles on it.

$5000 obo.

Shipping

will ship whatever company you want. I think it will be around $400 - $500 with UPS and insurance.

will deliver up to 500 miles ... maybe more for a little gas money

mirrors included

...btw these things arent much to paint... I'm sure if you take off the plastic it wont be too $ to paint since there is nothing to prep

Soft top is being sold as well, brand new tinted windows.... will offer good deal for mutiple items....

.... P.S. will take trades..... need coilovers.... maybe sumting else cool.
BTW.... THESE DOORS GO FOR $6200 W/ NO MIRRORS ($200 EACH) ON EBAY
.... You can also get them from $6200 in parts from mopar, plus build em, plus paint em.

My doors are brand new with mirrors... I use Bestop doors and don't need these fragile doors.

SOFT TOP
Brand new, on Jeep for 200 miles. Tinted windows 4 door

RIPP SUPERCHARGER

this is a FEELER (Not sure yet)

will help w/ install if local.

don't know how I will climb hills anymore

This is a FEELER. I am buying a new JK and want a stick for better torque control. Not sure if I can get it to work with a stick, and even if I could... I might be satisfied by the speed I get from the stick. But every minute that goes by I keep reconsidering...

I stand behind this kit 100% and RIPP are AWESOME guys to deal with. You can test it out on my JK before you buy. If you won't be 10000% satisfied after you install this I will keep your $ for 2 weeks and will refund you the money no questions asked!

This kit includes the meth controller

$4000 total ..... $150 for the snorkel attachment with filter

Again this is a feeler, I might change my mind if I don't like the power I'm getting with the new JK. I will test it out and see if I will miss the SC enough to keep it and save up for coilovers.

IF I do part with it, it will be in 2-3 weeks.

....gotta feeling I'm going to regret this

... I can give you tons of reviews on the SC and some of my video's (90mph, 3200 RPM)...

I AM IN SOCAL (ALISO VIEJO, C.A.)

email me at [email protected]

will work with you on prices for multiple purchases.

....BTW THIS IS ALL FOR SALE SO I CAN AFFORD COILOVERS, UPGRADED AXLES, AND SOME TOYOS W/ BEADLOCKS.... SO IF YOU WANT TO TRADE WE CAN WORK SOMETHING OUT.

Last edited by OlegRock; 06-05-2009 at 01:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 Old 06-02-2009, 06:02 PM
Rock God

Send a message via Yahoo to Big A

Hmmmm............

i don't really see any real bargains here.

GREAT first post!

Phase 1 Complete. Sold JK
Phase 2 Complete. Bought a Tow Rig
Phase 3 on-hold. Buying a trail rig. Thinking a TJ or XJ
post #3 of 47 Old 06-02-2009, 06:14 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big A View Post
Hmmmm............

i don't really see any real bargains here.

GREAT first post!
thank recently only found this site and it seems to be pretty good...

almost everything is negotiable.... and turning an X into a Rubi for around $3400 is a pretty good deal, isn't it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 47 Old 06-02-2009, 06:48 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlegRock View Post
thank recently only found this site and it seems to be pretty good...

almost everything is negotiable.... and turning an X into a Rubi for around $3400 is a pretty good deal, isn't it?
I must've missed the part where you advertised the Rubicon hood decals! Oh, yeah, and the elec-disco. Can't be a Rubi w/o those.

As much as I'd love to have 1/2 doors, I think I (and most others) am gonna have to wait until the price comes down (not just yours... the whole market).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Killing kids is a disgrace, i don't care how little they are.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 47 Old 06-02-2009, 07:00 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeperjkj View Post
I must've missed the part where you advertised the Rubicon hood decals! Oh, yeah, and the elec-disco. Can't be a Rubi w/o those.

As much as I'd love to have 1/2 doors, I think I (and most others) am gonna have to wait until the price comes down (not just yours... the whole market).

The E Disconnects were sold a LONG time ago... they are crap.... always get stuck when your wheeling and than you end up driving down the highway at 80 mph disconnected witth trucks passing you by.... the wind from the truck makes an awesome SWAY!!!

I agree the 1/2 doors are expensive. When I had full doors... I had to sell them to afford the cheap bestop half doors... which are crap. But they are the best for me as I can throw them in the back and now worry too much about damaging them.... plus not worry much about carnage. And if I paid $1700 + for those cheap doors.... I figure factory doors are worth at least $3600.... and due to the market value ($7000) .... I figure a good asking price is $5000
post #6 of 47 Old 06-03-2009, 10:47 AM
Wheeler

I don't know where people get their ideas from. I bought Best top half doors originally for $440.00 pr. then found factory half doors for $550.00 each. So I don't see how $5000.00 is a "deal"?
post #7 of 47 Old 06-03-2009, 11:08 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMDChewie View Post
I don't know where people get their ideas from. I bought Best top half doors originally for $440.00 pr. then found factory half doors for $550.00 each. So I don't see how $5000.00 is a "deal"?
I bought the bestop half doors too... About $1700.... maybe $200 less if you find a cheaper deal.

Element- front - 51796-35
Rear - 51800-35

Enclosure - front - 51792-01
Rear - 51804-01

Uppers - front - 51805-35
Rear - 51806-35

Look it up!

Than your going to have to paint em... (I painted them myself for $80).... but it will cost around $800 at a shop to do. Oh, and TRUST me, you WANT to paint em EVERYWHERE as they rust like crazy!!

as far as they people who built these doors for $7000 + from the factory I don't want to post links to other sites... but you can figure it out and look it up...

as far as whats for sale now... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/07-08...Q5fAccessories

GUYS... I am totally open to offers.... and also open to yourr comments... but back them up with proof.... as I am backing up everything I say with proof. And I am reasonable but not CRAZY... And I think it's CRAZY to sell factory half doors for equal or cheaper prices than bestop steel doors that are crap!

Last edited by OlegRock; 06-03-2009 at 11:12 AM.
post #8 of 47 Old 06-03-2009, 11:20 AM
Openly Hostile

What bestop doors cost that much? I've only seen the bestop soft half/full doors and those are only $850 bucks for all 4. Not trying to be a dick, really curious what they are.

Jason
post #9 of 47 Old 06-03-2009, 11:37 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDMF View Post
What bestop doors cost that much? I've only seen the bestop soft half/full doors and those are only $850 bucks for all 4. Not trying to be a dick, really curious what they are.
Rear - 51800-35

Rear - 51804-01

Rear - 51806-35

These are bestop part #'s.... they are the doors I have. Steel lowers, soft uppers. Look em up on Quadratec or bestop websites.
post #10 of 47 Old 06-04-2009, 03:15 PM

Talking

This post is crackin' me up! But good luck- if you can pull this off you should get into car sales
post #11 of 47 Old 06-04-2009, 03:43 PM
Openly Hostile

Quote:
Rear - 51800-35

Rear - 51804-01

Rear - 51806-35

These are bestop part #'s.... they are the doors I have. Steel lowers, soft uppers. Look em up on Quadratec or bestop websites.
Ahhhhhh, thanks.

Jason
post #12 of 47 Old 06-04-2009, 05:15 PM
Wheeler

How much for the soft top?
post #13 of 47 Old 06-04-2009, 06:10 PM
JKO Addict!

WTF you have to be kidding me

|
|
post #14 of 47 Old 06-04-2009, 06:24 PM
Rock God

I dont get it neither.

JKOutcast Member
post #15 of 47 Old 06-04-2009, 07:04 PM
Rock God

dude your better off selling the rubi, taking the cash and buy'n an x if you need money that bad.. No one is going to take off their axles and give you 3600 bucks and do the work..

Lifted by
, JKS DC's, Skid Row Protected,
ProComp 7105, Kevlar MTR's,
Switchblade rear, Red Rock Fab stinger etc...

post #16 of 47 Old 06-05-2009, 05:48 AM
JKO Addict!

Id like to have the T-case. Why is all the stuff I want on the wrong coast?

So what happens when you trade this thing in eventually. Its listed as a Rubi but I doubt the dealer would think to check all that so the next person is going to be really disappointed in what they think is a Rubi.
post #17 of 47 Old 06-05-2009, 06:39 AM
Ipe
Rock God

Oleg, you're either way 2 months late, or a radically premature ejokeulator, as April 1st isn't in sight no matter what direction you look in.

Good luck with your part-out.

post #18 of 47 Old 06-05-2009, 10:56 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Alright... I really don't get it ..... rubi tires/rims new... is $600 too much?

Half Doors.... $5000 obo .... say $4000 sold.... why is that a lot when I know people that pay $7000 for them????

... trust me, when I read someone selling them for $5000 I thought they were crazy (a year ago).... I wouldn't pay over $2500 for them... but that's because I never use doors. But for some people they are worth much more.

Rubi Drivetrain.... $3600.... I see rubi axles being sold for about $1600-$1800 a piece. That's you $3600 right there. Than the t-case is about $800-$1000 at a junk yard and I never saw a Rubi T-case sold for less than $750... so your looking at $3400-$3600 + $800. Let's take the low #'s.... $3400 + $800 = $4200. Now a JE Reel Driveshaft $300 (maybe more, don't remember). Plus a stock rear rubi shaft (different part # from X or Sahara) $100. So far we got $4600 minimum. Now you talking about finding all these parts for these prices and waiting to collect them all, when you can get them all in one shot right now!... plus the rear has a $300 (maybe more, forgot price) axle shaft.

... Now if you are mechanically inclined to do this work... I think this is a good deal. I've switch a t-case, helped install driveshafts, and the axles are pretty much bolt on... so I'm sure if I help ya out it can be done in 2 days Maximum.

I honestly welcome all your comments, but as mentioned previously, please explain why this is CRAZY??

Last edited by OlegRock; 06-05-2009 at 10:59 AM.
post #19 of 47 Old 06-05-2009, 11:32 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I think some of you may have missed this in post #1. He isn't turning his Rubi into an X.
Quote:
....BTW THIS IS ALL FOR SALE SO I CAN AFFORD COILOVERS, UPGRADED AXLES, AND SOME TOYOS W/ BEADLOCKS.... SO IF YOU WANT TO TRADE WE CAN WORK SOMETHING OUT.
Just curious Oleg, why don't you just park the Jeep and sell this stuff straight up? Then buy the things you need. Sounds like you are doing double work. Or do you plan to drive a while with all the "little" parts installed?

EDIT>Nevermind I see you are driving back to New York.

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.

Last edited by gold knight; 06-05-2009 at 11:34 AM.
post #20 of 47 Old 06-05-2009, 12:26 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

p.s. ... a guy on this site just sold his 2 axles for $4000 and wants $1500 for his t-case.... SO PLEASE TELL ME WHY MY PRICES ARE A LOT????????????????????????????????????????

.... I don't think you'll find a better deal for a total Rubi drivetrain!!!
post #21 of 47 Old 06-05-2009, 01:26 PM
Granite Guru

Send a message via AIM to RedRockJK Send a message via Yahoo to RedRockJK

Quote:
p.s. ... a guy on this site just sold his 2 axles for $4000 and wants $1500 for his t-case.... SO PLEASE TELL ME WHY MY PRICES ARE A LOT????????????????????????????????????????...
Because his axles had $1000 worth of aftermarket gears already installed, he wasn't requiring a swap for stock axles, and he wasn't asking for labor to swap it all out. His were worth a straight out $4000 purchase. As far as your stuff goes, a reasonable price for your axles, t-case, and driveshafts would be about $4000 straight out, no trade for stock axles and no labor involved. You want stock axles and the labor to swap it all, $2500 would be a fair price.

As far as his transfer case price, he's about $500-800 too high on that. It should sell for $700-1000.
post #22 of 47 Old 06-05-2009, 01:43 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRockJK View Post
Because his axles had $1000 worth of aftermarket gears already installed, he wasn't requiring a swap for stock axles, and he wasn't asking for labor to swap it all out. His were worth a straight out $4000 purchase. As far as your stuff goes, a reasonable price for your axles, t-case, and driveshafts would be about $4000 straight out, no trade for stock axles and no labor involved. You want stock axles and the labor to swap it all, $2500 would be a fair price.

As far as his transfer case price, he's about $500-800 too high on that. It should sell for $700-1000.
O.K.... we'll if that's how everyone see's it.... no problem.... I never said I am unreasonable, I just might not be knowleadgable in the market value of these parts!

.... so how about this... $3600 for swap of parts. I give you my parts, you give me yours + $3600. No work needed to be done. Does that sound fair? (will help you install if you help me, but that's optional).

.... or $3000 for the original offer, but you do all the work to install on both Jeeps.

Better????

... and as for aftermarket, my rear axle has an alloy shaft, and the front driveshaft 1310 J.E. Reel
post #23 of 47 Old 06-05-2009, 01:47 PM
Openly Hostile

Hey Oleg, I'd like to check out those highrock doors you have in person sometime...I live in Aliso as well. You have probably seen me driving around haha.

Jason
post #24 of 47 Old 06-05-2009, 01:49 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDMF View Post
Hey Oleg, I'd like to check out those highrock doors you have in person sometime...I live in Aliso as well. You have probably seen me driving around haha.
Just pull me over when you see me.... I have a redrock JK with a RIPP banner on the windshield and a black Rubicon stock (for now) with half doors (for now)..... if you really want to check em out p.m. me and I'll give you my #... you can stop by.
post #25 of 47 Old 06-05-2009, 02:01 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRockJK View Post

Holy Crap RedRockJK! Where have you been? Long time no post. did you ever get another JK, or are you sticking with a trail beater?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode