'66 mustang convertible - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 08-30-2017, 05:59 PM Thread Starter

'66 mustang convertible

I bought this car for my wife for her 40th birthday. I don't think she's driven it 10 times in the 5 years we've had it. (PLEASE Don't tell her that I gave away her age) So I'm thinking it's time to sell.... or trade. She said that she'd like a Jeep Unlimited, so open to trades plus cash your way for a '12-16 unlimited

Details on the car....

It's a 3 owner car from Colorado. No rust, unlike the east coast cars . Low miles at just 93,000 (that's less than 2000 miles a year).

When I bought it, I added things to make it more driver friendly. It now has power 4 wheel discs and power steering. The car was originally a Springtime Yellow car, "C-code", black interior, made on April 14th 1966, auto , 289 2V car

The car is now a triple black car with a 4 speed (correct date) PS/PB with GT trim and A code specs. It has not been driven in snow for sure since '75 and , the roof looks great, with no tears or wear marks

In addition to the PS/PB, since we've owned it I redid the interior, new dash pad, seats, door trim and carpet. And last year it got new front shocks, the trans was rebuilt and clutch replaced

Any questions please ask. I would like someone that will enjoy it to have a good running classic pony car.

Some of the pictures may still show the car with Colorado plates, we are now in Cheshire CT and the car is available to see and drive (for serious buyers with cash) locally.

For those of you new to old cars. Insurance is SUPER CHEAP for these cars. I currently have it insured with full coverage insurance for $35k agreed upon value (you can buy it for less) for less that $200 a year. Check out Hagerty for approximate values

I'm asking a reasonable $24,000 for a car that's realistically a a strong #3, driver quality car. It has a couple patches in the floor from the 90's

here's a link to other pictures

66 Mustang by Joe Tehan | Photobucket
Attached Images

WTB: clean JKU
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-30-2017, 08:06 PM Thread Starter

here's an exterior pic too..
Attached Images

post #3 of 3 Old 09-20-2017, 09:09 PM Thread Starter

sold...

now the search starts for a '12-15 unlimited to call my own (well my wife's actually)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode