2009 Hemi JKUR - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 08-30-2018, 10:43 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

2009 Hemi JKUR

2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Black exterior with gray interior.
I swapped the anemic 3.8 V6 for a 2010 5.7 liter Ram Hemi complete drop out( had 53k on the donor engine). The swap (Jeep SpeedShop kit) was completed just about 3 years ago. At the time the Jeep had 67k on it. With the fairly conservative tune, it is putting out in excess of 400HP and is capable of getting 15+ mpg. Depending on how you drive. It has proven to be 100% reliable. Never a minutes issue with it. It is my daily driver. Currently there is 89k miles on it and will increase as it is my daily driver

AEV Heat Reduction Hood

Drivetrain:
Front Dana 44 with Yukon 5.38 gears with Timken bearings . Eaton E-locker
Rear Dana 44 with Yukon 5.38 gears and Timken bearings. Eaton E-locker. Ten Factory chromoloy axle shafts. (10 year warranty)
Lockers can be engaged independently of factory switch
Coast F/R 1310 driveshafts

Suspension:
Teraflex 6" Longarm kit with Fox shocks
Teraflex Monster forged trackbars front and rear

Wheels and tires:
Raceline Monster 233 Beadlocks x 5 diamond finish with black steel rings
Toyo Open Country MT 37x13.50R17 x5 with plenty of tread. These tires are great

Bumpers and protection:
Front Shrockworks mid width with stinger and skid plate
Warn Powerplant winch
Rear Poison Spyder Rockbrawler bumper with tire carrier
Has ORO third brake light and license plate light
Crawler Conceptz boatside rocker guards
Poison Spyder aluminum fenders

Interior:
MyGig Radio with Navigation and U-connect
Focal speakers front and rear
Trek Armor (Bartact) seat covers black
Tuffy under seat lockable storage.
Husky floor liners front, rear and cargo area
Poly Performance B and C pillar roll cage add on with cross bars and frame tie ins. For the kids
Soft top as well as a hard top Painted black on inside. Looks much better than the white from factory.

Cruise Control fully functional
Remote start full functional
AC blows snowballs

That is about all I can think of at the moment. This Jeep is a head turner and the complements come from all sorts of folks. Every time I crank it I still smile like a kid. It sounds nasty and will throw you back! And has been well taken care of with synthetic fluids. Been Offroad once in the 6 years I've owned it. I DO NOT NEED sell it. This is the first time I have had only one vehicle in 15 years I am considering something a little more roomy as I have kids and motocross bikes now. No low ballers or dreamers. The Hemi swap alone would cost $20k+ and plenty of waiting for completion. Asking $39000. Open to reasonable offers

Mike
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 09-08-2018, 07:37 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

$35000obo
post #3 of 11 Old 09-10-2018, 05:37 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by da20captain View Post
$35000obo
These JKs are dropping like rocks! I am trying to sell something similar. I guess I am stuck with it... Can I pm you or can you tell me how you got the cruise to work. I have a 2011 from JSS as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 09-11-2018, 04:15 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

ive never seen so many built up jkus for sale as this year. This one is very sweet!
That is very low price for tha much Jeep. GLWS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 11 Old 09-11-2018, 05:49 AM
Granite Guru

I agree Jeff. I don't know whether it's the new JL or just that every year there are more built used JK's to choose from.I just parted with my Hemi JK for a lot less than I originally thought. There are quite a few on various Forums to choose from. There is a 6 speed 6.4 Liter on AEV Forum with 1200 miles that's never seen dirt! Usually one of those is gone quickly. People can get such a steal on these compared to what we put in to build them. I figured mine wasn't going to gain value and I wanted a truck again so I went for it. My wife still has her Jeep for the dirt. I think there is a lot of "fear of the unknown "when buying a V8 converted JK even when all the documentation is present. Mine was as reliable as any factory V6 out there and much more fun to drive.

2014 JKU, red, 2.5" AEV lift,6.4L VVT, 35" Duratrac's. 4.10, Gen Right bumpers, VR 8000 winch, Pro Rock 44.
post #6 of 11 Old 09-11-2018, 08:09 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucleophile View Post
That is disappointing to read...…………………….No more Moab trips???
Nucleophile.

No I'll use my wife's 2012 Rubicon. It's set up OK except for the engine & Dynatrac axle. What are you driving these days?

2014 JKU, red, 2.5" AEV lift,6.4L VVT, 35" Duratrac's. 4.10, Gen Right bumpers, VR 8000 winch, Pro Rock 44.
post #7 of 11 Old 09-11-2018, 01:05 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenjoh1972 View Post
These JKs are dropping like rocks! I am trying to sell something similar. I guess I am stuck with it... Can I pm you or can you tell me how you got the cruise to work. I have a 2011 from JSS as well.
Honestly there was getting it to work. It just did from the get go. I did put a new switch because my kid about ripped of the column. But works fine
post #8 of 11 Old 09-11-2018, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubatech View Post
I agree Jeff. I don't know whether it's the new JL or just that every year there are more built used JK's to choose from.I just parted with my Hemi JK for a lot less than I originally thought. There are quite a few on various Forums to choose from. There is a 6 speed 6.4 Liter on AEV Forum with 1200 miles that's never seen dirt! Usually one of those is gone quickly. People can get such a steal on these compared to what we put in to build them. I figured mine wasn't going to gain value and I wanted a truck again so I went for it. My wife still has her Jeep for the dirt. I think there is a lot of "fear of the unknown "when buying a V8 converted JK even when all the documentation is present. Mine was as reliable as any factory V6 out there and much more fun to drive.
I am agreement. The only reason I can see why it ain’t selling is the JL. What did you end up getting for yours? To be honest I really don’t want to let it go but to get the truck I would like it would help to sell it. But I may just have to get one with some miles on it.
post #9 of 11 Old 09-11-2018, 05:27 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubatech View Post
agreed ; I think we are seeing a combination of the heavier modded 07s thru 13s that are getting-on in mileage ( with the occasional anomoly of low mileage engine swapped like yours) all becoming available and there is a sort of price-lowering war going-on; 's'definitely a buyer's market because none of us are gonna see even half what we have put into these, money-wise.

I have just this week resigned to just stay with the JKU ..i am gonna cut it up to make something different..maybe a JK 4 door to 2 door conversion or a truck...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 11 Old 09-11-2018, 06:22 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucleophile View Post
A built up 2002 Tacoma. Extended cab. V6. Passed emissions. licensed. D60 front, 14B rear, twin cases, 39" red labels, full exo. Goes over anything and everything. Barely spun a tire on Pritchett. Had to pull the JKs I was with up most of the obstacles...………...And had to tow one of them out.
deleted because it was hijacking OPs thread. I will make a thread for my comment

post #11 of 11 Old 09-12-2018, 05:39 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by da20captain View Post
I am agreement. The only reason I can see why it ain’t selling is the JL. What did you end up getting for yours? To be honest I really don’t want to let it go but to get the truck I would like it would help to sell it. But I may just have to get one with some miles on it.
Captain,

I ended up taking it in on a 2018 new F150 Lariat, pretty loaded f0r 12K difference. My rig was perfect with 35,600 miles. I was trying to get $55K when I started and that went downhill. Dealers loved the Jeep but were worried about it sitting on the lot too long. I had a lot of fun with it in 4 1/2 years. Most people just don't care about the engine that much as long as the Jeep goes what they want. They can get a JL in the $40K range and throw on some 35" tires with no lift and go have fun.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode