Off Road Heroes Fastback Soft Top - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 10-06-2012, 04:51 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Off Road Heroes Fastback Soft Top

Rarely used ORH Fastback soft top for sale $450.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 10-06-2012, 04:53 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Fits JKU
post #3 of 21 Old 10-06-2012, 05:53 AM
Rock God

Where are you located? Any pics?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 Old 10-06-2012, 08:49 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I don't have any pics right now, but I can Have some tomorrow. I am located in Georgia.
post #5 of 21 Old 10-06-2012, 12:08 PM
Granite Guru

Pm sent
post #6 of 21 Old 10-06-2012, 07:20 PM
Wheeler

Willing to ship? Is it the newer version with separate front and rear sections for the top? Can you post photos or a link to the top?
post #7 of 21 Old 10-06-2012, 07:56 PM
Banned

What year is the top? Single roof panel or split? Is there a tailgate bar or no? Do you have the cargo top tonneau cover as well? Do you have the door surrounds? Does the portion above the door have velcro or plastic tabs?

One of the reasons at least one pic is required in your for sale ad is so people know exactly what they're getting. Pics would fill in a lot of blanks in your ad.

post #8 of 21 Old 10-07-2012, 05:26 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Not sure of the year. It has a single roof panel. It does not have the Tailgate bar. I don't have the cargo. The portion above the door has velcro. I will send out pics today. It does not have door surrounds.
post #9 of 21 Old 10-07-2012, 05:30 AM
Rock God

Where in GA? Pm coming.

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk 2

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #10 of 21 Old 10-07-2012, 09:18 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Here are the pics
Attached Images

post #11 of 21 Old 10-08-2012, 08:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerecker View Post
Not sure of the year. It has a single roof panel. It does not have the Tailgate bar. I don't have the cargo. The portion above the door has velcro. I will send out pics today. It does not have door surrounds.
You're unsure of the year? Tim swapped from single to double panels in 2009, so that top's got to be older than April of 2009, which is when he made the swap to double panels.
When was it purchased from Tim?
Did you receive it second hand?
How you keeping the top on the Jeep without door surrounds? These are a pretty key element to the top since Tim's design will not function with the OEM surrounds as far as I know. This is why he includes them. Plus, it would just flap all the hell over the place without these in place.

post #12 of 21 Old 10-08-2012, 10:04 AM
Rock God

My pre 2009 had steel bars that replace door surrounds and the top secures to them with velcro, this one should have the same i assume.

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk 2

post #13 of 21 Old 10-08-2012, 07:16 PM
Granite Guru

Christ.
The same guy bitching is the same guy pleading the single panel was superior in another thread. Now it's awful?
Slippery, we keep missing each other on the trail but just go look at it and decide for yourself. You seem somewhat local to the seller. I would get it myself if my ORH top wasn't only a year old. Tim changes the top every 4-6 months. He'll even tell you that himself.
I personally, like the guy. He'll tell you things will change again soon.
Mad scientist, he is.

2009 Red Rock Rubi-MetalCloak Gamechanger + armor-37"MTR/K on 17" Birddogs-Teraflex gusset+sleeve-Yukon 5.38-LineX tub-ORH top-Igees-Shrockworks stubby-Warn Powerplant w/Viking synth
Tuffy-Genright rear-River Raider full skid-Tattons-AEV slider-Advance adapters-Poly stuff everywhere-ZERO rockrawler!!!!!! shiiite
post #14 of 21 Old 10-08-2012, 08:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAPJEEP View Post
Christ.
The same guy bitching is the same guy pleading the single panel was superior in another thread. Now it's awful?
Are we reading the same thread? I'm trying to see whether or not this is the product I think it is.

post #15 of 21 Old 10-08-2012, 08:58 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Dan View Post
Are we reading the same thread? I'm trying to see whether or not this is the product I think it is.
Maybe I was wrong. I thought you were against ORH changes that went from full roll over to half roll over.

Again maybe I was wrong, but I think not.

2009 Red Rock Rubi-MetalCloak Gamechanger + armor-37"MTR/K on 17" Birddogs-Teraflex gusset+sleeve-Yukon 5.38-LineX tub-ORH top-Igees-Shrockworks stubby-Warn Powerplant w/Viking synth
Tuffy-Genright rear-River Raider full skid-Tattons-AEV slider-Advance adapters-Poly stuff everywhere-ZERO rockrawler!!!!!! shiiite
post #16 of 21 Old 10-09-2012, 04:27 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

It has the steel bars. It came with a jeep I recently purchased. I am assuming by all the posts that it is pre 2009.
post #17 of 21 Old 10-09-2012, 06:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerecker View Post
It has the steel bars. It came with a jeep I recently purchased. I am assuming by all the posts that it is pre 2009.
The steel bars surrounding each door that you velcro the roof panel onto and then slip the plastic tab from the side window of the fastback rear into on the side of the door are Tim's version of door surrounds.

Based on your posts, it certainly sounds like you have a pre-swap top.

How's the clarity of the rear window holding up?

Quote:
Maybe I was wrong. I thought you were against ORH changes that went from full roll over to half roll over.

Yep, you were wrong. Not sure what might have given you the impression I like the two panel top better than the single panel design, but I'll simplify my position on that since it seems to bother you so much. Here you go, just for you:

Single panel top= GOOD
Simpler design, rolls forward for open air and back to button up in seconds, has fewer parts to break/lose, looks perfectly fine when rolled forward since it employs velcro and not stiff plastic tabs and secures right to the footman loops when you're running with the panel rolled forward. An all around better design.

Multipanel top = BAD
More complicated, has more parts, takes longer to install/remove, plastic tabs for door surrounds look like dogshit when rolled forward, will leave you wondering where to put the other panel when going topless, has an obnoxious center bar where the two panels meet that adds time to the installation/removal process, needs a stack of washers to align correctly and will make you want to drop kick a kitten.

We on the same page now?

post #18 of 21 Old 10-09-2012, 08:47 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

The top has had relatively little use, so it is still clear.
post #19 of 21 Old 10-09-2012, 06:10 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Dan View Post
Yep, you were wrong. Not sure what might have given you the impression I like the two panel top better than the single panel design, but I'll simplify my position on that since it seems to bother you so much. Here you go, just for you:

Single panel top= GOOD
Simpler design, rolls forward for open air and back to button up in seconds, has fewer parts to break/lose, looks perfectly fine when rolled forward since it employs velcro and not stiff plastic tabs and secures right to the footman loops when you're running with the panel rolled forward. An all around better design.

Multipanel top = BAD
More complicated, has more parts, takes longer to install/remove, plastic tabs for door surrounds look like dogshit when rolled forward, will leave you wondering where to put the other panel when going topless, has an obnoxious center bar where the two panels meet that adds time to the installation/removal process, needs a stack of washers to align correctly and will make you want to drop kick a kitten.

We on the same page now?

The pages in my book demand reading comprehension.
Say again, over.
Coming in broken and jive like.

post #20 of 21 Old 10-10-2012, 02:23 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Bump
post #21 of 21 Old 10-16-2012, 02:06 PM
JKowners Vendor

Garage

PM sent
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode