Get a quick and easy release for only $200 - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 09-30-2018, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
Minstrel Gigolo

Electric swaybar / edisco / swaybar disconnect $200

For Sale: (1) e disco from a 2015 JKU w/ ~22,000 miles
Price: $200, payable via PayPal
Shipping: Local pickup preferred, will ship on your dime for packing + shipping

Why $200?
- The rubber isolator needs to be replaced - < $20 from Quadratec
- The passenger bracket was cut and welded to rotate the isolator arm, I have welded it back to stock. You can also buy a new one for $90 from Quadratec.
- I switched to a Metalcloak flip bolt and tossed the original housing bolt. You can buy those for < ~$7 from Quadratec. I will include the Metalcloak flip bolt, which is a piece of junk. It should have it's threads chased and washer replaced.
- No wire harness included
- swaybar link holes have been enlarged to 1/2" for aftermarket links
Attached Images

Last edited by snout; 10-05-2018 at 02:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 10-01-2018, 08:59 AM
Wheeler

I can vouch for this gentleman's shipping if anyone has doubts. New parts don't come packed with the level of care he puts into it.
I know you were working through some issues in trying to retain the e-disco with your new setup...did you run into a roadblock in making it work in the tight confines you had, or just decide to go a whole new route?
post #3 of 9 Old 10-01-2018, 12:46 PM Thread Starter
Minstrel Gigolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3VOL View Post
I can vouch for this gentleman's shipping if anyone has doubts. New parts don't come packed with the level of care he puts into it.
I know you were working through some issues in trying to retain the e-disco with your new setup...did you run into a roadblock in making it work in the tight confines you had, or just decide to go a whole new route?
Its strictly space related. I just couldn't get it to rotate and fit with my winch plate and radiator. I went a little crazy trimming my frame back. It's just too tight so I opted to replace with standard swaybar and Syn-wayalife-ergy quick disconnects. Nothing quick about them but it all fits. Btw, my knee is working well enough I can cut up cardboard and pack those take offs I told you I would send you.

Last edited by snout; 10-01-2018 at 01:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 10-01-2018, 04:56 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by snout View Post
Its strictly space related. I just couldn't get it to rotate and fit with my winch plate and radiator. I went a little crazy trimming my frame back. It's just too tight so I opted to replace with standard swaybar and Syn-wayalife-ergy quick disconnects. Nothing quick about them but it all fits. Btw, my knee is working well enough I can cut up cardboard and pack those take offs I told you I would send you.
I'll quit crapping up your for sale thread after this reply of course

How are you dealing with the sway bar light? I considered going regular disconnects but that damn light gave me pause. I wound up just leaving it in place and doing regular links.
Glad to hear your knee is doing better. I'm assuming they got all the other stuff under control too. I hope I didnt come across as pestering. Wasn't my intention at all. I just wanted to let everyone who might look at the post know you weren't a fly by night, ne'er-do-well.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited to hear you're going to send me happiness in a box though. I got the rear on back in July and it is easily in the top 5 changes I've made. I still owe you from that one so get me a total when all said and done and I'll gift you the amount through PayPal or whatever your preferred method is.
post #5 of 9 Old 11-13-2018, 12:21 PM Thread Starter
Minstrel Gigolo

Bump -- eDisco for $150 + shipping.
Perhaps you have a fussy or broken eDisco and just want to swap it out.
post #6 of 9 Old 11-15-2018, 04:09 PM
Wheeler

PM sent
post #7 of 9 Old 11-17-2018, 11:41 AM Thread Starter
Minstrel Gigolo

For a quick estimate on shipping, calculate your carrier of choice (UPS or FedEX) for the following:

Packing materials: $15 ( I have to cut and resize a box + add packing materials)
Shipping origin ( drop off at 95661 zip )
Box Dims: 46 x 18 x 12 @ 35 lb
post #8 of 9 Old 11-19-2018, 08:31 AM
Wheeler

PM sent. Ready to buy and I live in Sacramento.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #9 of 9 Old 11-19-2018, 09:11 AM Thread Starter
Minstrel Gigolo

Sold local

Last edited by snout; 11-20-2018 at 02:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode