jk seats - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 02-15-2017, 03:25 PM Thread Starter

Cool jk seats

Anyone ever put fold over passenger seat from a 2011 or newer Wrangler into a 2007 -2010 Wrangler ? If so was it a tough switch to make? Anthemrubicon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 02-15-2017, 03:26 PM
Granite Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to RedrockHemi

You need just the seat frame.....I might have one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

08 Red Rock Rubicon Unlimited, 5.7 Hemi, 4.88's, 3.5 in Nth Deg short arm, 35in KM2's, AEV Pintler Beadlocks, Teraflex diff covers, Ruff Stuff Custom tie rod, AEV corner guards painted to match, painted flares, painted hardtop, leather seats, AEV front bumper painted to match, Warn 9000 XDi, Mopar Rear w/swingaway painted to match, HID's, TMD cowl Induction hood, Nemisis Billy Rockers, Warn Dual modes up front, PIAA's on the windshield
post #3 of 7 Old 02-27-2017, 10:19 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthemrubicon View Post
Anyone ever put fold over passenger seat from a 2011 or newer Wrangler into a 2007 -2010 Wrangler ? If so was it a tough switch to make? Anthemrubicon
If it were only that easy. Speaking from experience, I purchased 2015 seats and found the mounts are completely different than my 2010. The floor pan is different and the mounting holes are not the same. I then thought I'd just switch out the mounts. Not so easy. There are cable attachments on the newer seats that attach to various points on the frame and one would have to extensively modify it so that the seat retains the reclining feature and slide (forward/reverse) function. I then took both of the seats to my fabricator and it was just not worth the problems/modifications. I finally (this past weekend) got rid of the newer seats. An aftermarket seat with the features you are looking for would be a solution. Good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 02-28-2017, 07:54 AM
Granite Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to RedrockHemi

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthemrubicon View Post

I haven't forgot about ya yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

08 Red Rock Rubicon Unlimited, 5.7 Hemi, 4.88's, 3.5 in Nth Deg short arm, 35in KM2's, AEV Pintler Beadlocks, Teraflex diff covers, Ruff Stuff Custom tie rod, AEV corner guards painted to match, painted flares, painted hardtop, leather seats, AEV front bumper painted to match, Warn 9000 XDi, Mopar Rear w/swingaway painted to match, HID's, TMD cowl Induction hood, Nemisis Billy Rockers, Warn Dual modes up front, PIAA's on the windshield
post #5 of 7 Old 02-28-2017, 09:53 AM
Rock God

Someone saying easy and someone saying not so. What is the case on this? I have a 2010 as well and these seats just plain suck chocolate starfish.

I am leaning towards the aftermarket, but I want to set my butt in them before purchasing.

2010 2 door manual sport
post #6 of 7 Old 03-07-2017, 09:12 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRodriquez View Post
If it were only that easy. Speaking from experience, I purchased 2015 seats and found the mounts are completely different than my 2010. The floor pan is different and the mounting holes are not the same. I then thought I'd just switch out the mounts. Not so easy. There are cable attachments on the newer seats that attach to various points on the frame and one would have to extensively modify it so that the seat retains the reclining feature and slide (forward/reverse) function. I then took both of the seats to my fabricator and it was just not worth the problems/modifications. I finally (this past weekend) got rid of the newer seats. An aftermarket seat with the features you are looking for would be a solution. Good luck
Hmmm... I just put 2014 seats into my 2008 JKUR. They bolted right in with no modifications other than the driver's side electronics. Very comfy.
post #7 of 7 Old 03-08-2017, 04:12 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:

Hmmm... I just put 2014 seats into my 2008 JKUR. They bolted right in with no modifications other than the driver's side electronics. Very comfy.
Not calling you disingenuous, but i find that highly implausible as the mounting (bolt) patterns are different 2007-2011 vs 2012 and newer, as the floor pans were changed due to the new engin and transmission configuration.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode