Arrington 426 Hemi engine, perfect for the ultimate engine upgrade!! - $12,500 - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 10-07-2015, 12:05 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage
Arrington 426 Hemi engine, perfect for the ultimate engine upgrade!! - $12,500

Well folks, sadly. . .the time has come to sell this engine. I bought it a little over a year ago, with hopes of doing a Stage 6 Motorsports turbo setup with it. Unfortunately, the price of oil has been circling the drain so the decision was made to end any new well production until the beginning of next year. So it's time to free up some money. I bought this 7.0 Hemi 426 last September from another Jeep SRT8 owner. It only has 700 miles on it!! Yes, 700 miles. He had the engine built at the end of October '13 by Arrington Performance. AKA, ShopHEMI.com By the time the build was finished and he got it installed, he was only able to put 700 miles on it before he had to move to Chicago due to work. He had no place to park the Jeep, so he made the decision to part it out before he sold it in order to recoup some of the money he invested.

The engine should make around 585 hp, and 560 lbs. of torque, but would really put down some great numbers with a supercharger or small turbo, since it is built for mild to moderate boost. The engine is built off of a 6.1 format and is in longblock form. Complete with HEMI orange painted block, fully forged internals, timing set, front cover, heads with carbon fiber valve covers, spark plugs, water pump, and harmonic balancer. It is ready to run with a tune, and a couple of your stock parts, assuming you are using it to replace another 6.1 HEMI. This engine should make around 500 hp to the wheels with a proper tune. I am currently running an Arrington 440 stroker with the same heads, and it makes right at 550 to the wheels with a HEMITUNER (AJ) tune. The engine has been stored in my buddies airplane hangar since I bought it. It has been stored on a pallet and wrapped in plastic the entire time.

The build is below, but here are the specs as well:

HEMI 426 7.0L HEMI Stroker; Cometic gaskets; ARE block # H-174
4.080 Bore / 4.080 Stroke
4340 Forged and Balanced K-1 Crankshaft
4340 K-1 Rods with ARP bolts; 6.125 rod length
MAHLE 26cc dish Pistons; MAHLE wrist pins
9.1 Compression
Clevite 77 Bearings (narrow)
Meiling High Performance Oil Pump
Custom cut 6XX Arrington Camshaft
HEMI Heads, Phase 4 ported; 2.07" Intake and 1.57 Exhaust Valves

There may be some things that I am forgetting, so please feel free to ask any questions you may have. I am not trying to make any money off of what I paid, just trying to get it back. I paid $12,500 not including shipping for the engine, so that's what I'm asking. Arrington sells their 426 stroker from the website for over 18k, not including shipping, or a good used core. Their engine comes with an intake, coils, and throttle body though. I don't have any pics of the engine currently, only what it looked like when it was in the previous owners Jeep, and what it looked like when I received it. I can grab some pics of it next week if needed though.

Shipping can be done, as long as a reputable shipping company around Fort Worth, TX is located.

Deposit can be made through PayPal, and the rest settled up through a bank draft. If you pickup...cash always works as well!

Current vehicles:
2007 Sahara 2-Door
5.38 gears
Trussed, sleeved, gusseted Dana 44 front w/ factory Rubi locker and RCV shafts
Stock rear Rubi Dana 44 with Auburn Ected locker w/ 35 spline chromoly shafts
6 Speed
2.5 Rock Krawler X Factor System w/ Bilstein 5100 shocks
17X9.5 Spyderlock Beadlocks
37X12.50R17 Nitto Trail Grapplers
F&R AEV Bumpers w/ AEV rear tire carrier
JCR Stage 2 rock rails
Warn Zeon 10-S winch

2010 Jeep SRT8 w/ 440 stroker making 550 whp

Last edited by jsukey; 06-23-2017 at 06:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode