Ride of the month - 2013 - Format Change - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 Old 01-14-2013, 12:07 PM Thread Starter
Apt
I Put the FU in FUN

Garage
Ride of the month - 2013 - Format Change

Hi guys,
Happy New Year! 2013 is here and we’re going to make a significant change to the way that the Ride of the Month contest is run for January forward. After considerable discussion with HITMONEY on the topic we’ve opted for an entirely new format of how the contest is run.

We’re looking for the best member’s pictures for that month. The winning picture will have the place of honor on the JKOwners Facebook page. We’ve eliminated the multiple classes. There is only one. We don’t care what’s on the Jeep (or how much $ they’ve spent or sweat they’ve put into it).
The criteria will be simple. Each month we’ll have a theme unannounced until entry time. Entrants will post up their submitted picture for ROTM. We anticipate quite a few submissions each month. We’ll run an initial vote to narrow the field a bit kind of like a semifinals. Highest vote counts continue on to the finals. Finals would consist of 5-10 entrants max on a vote and we’ll see which one wins (10 is option limit on poll so if the contestant numbers are still high we'll go with 10).

Suggestions for themes would be things like: Desert, Snow, Mud, Rocks, Mountains, Water, 2 wheel, 3 wheel. The options are endless.

It would be helpful to the entrant by having a little caption of where the shot was taken. Another thing to consider would be to make it a higher quality picture (cell phone pics suck).

What are you voting on? The overall picture and how well it relates to the theme of the month, picture quality, uniqueness of the shot, how well the jeep is framed in the foreground or beauty of the background. Which of the pictures posted by the entrants just 'makes it for you' as the symbol of our group on the Facebook home page. There are a lot of factors but we wanted to allow you guys to determine the best picture of the month.

I really don't want to make a huge list of rules that sort this out, but as they are generated, I'll update this post with whatever rules need to be imposed.
Rules:
1. Picture must be of the entrant's jeep.
2. Picture must comply with the theme of the month. Those that don't comply will be disqualified.
3. Winners in the calendar year are disqualified from entering again in the same calendar year. We'd like to spread the wins out, which I'm sure you'll understand.
4. One submission post of one picture only per month please.

I hope you guys have a lot of fun with this new format.
Cheers.

Last edited by Apt; 02-05-2013 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Added rule 4.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 Old 01-14-2013, 12:15 PM
JKO Addict!

May we add no whining if you don't win or get disqualified.
post #3 of 32 Old 01-14-2013, 12:16 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to JohnnyWalker

good luck. This is going to get hairy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotlime? View Post
Did you just search for "gay" or "halo" and bump those threads?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 32 Old 01-14-2013, 12:28 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyWalker View Post
I dont think so it seems preety cut and dry..who ever takes the best pic of the rig doing that months request
and maby they will have a (whos rig looks the best sitting still and being boring that i could win)

But it all sounds good to me cant wait to see how it goes

How I LEARNED TO STOP GIVING A SHIT AND LOVE MINDLESS SELF INDULGENCE

Itís time to reevaluate the way we coddle the future generation. Making mistakes and getting hurt is how you grow. Teaching kids to fear Pop Tarts is how you promote xenophobia. Letís get it together, America.
post #5 of 32 Old 01-14-2013, 01:16 PM Thread Starter
Apt
I Put the FU in FUN

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnb2010 View Post
LOL - I can add it, but I can't guarantee it will be adhered to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyWalker View Post
I hope not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
I dont think so it seems preety cut and dry..who ever takes the best pic of the rig doing that months request
and maby they will have a (whos rig looks the best sitting still and being boring that i could win)

But it all sounds good to me cant wait to see how it goes
LOL - I bet best 'after clean up driveway shot' could be a theme...shiniest?
post #6 of 32 Old 01-14-2013, 01:58 PM
Administrator

Garage

Thanks Apt..

This was done to make the contest more enjoyable, accessible, and easier for all involved.

There are some great Jeep shots that I have seen in which the rig is stock or near stock.. This contest will open up the opportunities for those kind of shots to be shared.

įlllllį

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook Page
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YouTube Channel
post #7 of 32 Old 01-14-2013, 02:42 PM
Rock God

I like it; to clarify will it be one submission/picture per contestant?
post #8 of 32 Old 01-14-2013, 04:16 PM Thread Starter
Apt
I Put the FU in FUN

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneck View Post
I like it; to clarify will it be one submission/picture per contestant?
Yes 1 entry 1 picture. So pick your best 1

Sent from my megaphone
post #9 of 32 Old 01-14-2013, 04:53 PM
Rock God

Garage

Only thing I'd say is on classifying pictures....not much opportunity for desert shots here in New England.

Yes, I get it, wait til next month...but still...

post #10 of 32 Old 01-14-2013, 05:01 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArticRubi View Post
Only thing I'd say is on classifying pictures....not much opportunity for desert shots here in New England.

Yes, I get it, wait til next month...but still...
meh, helps to thin out the submissions. you know, like asking for wheeling pics
post #11 of 32 Old 01-14-2013, 05:15 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnb2010 View Post
Yea and how many screen names can you have?

Official sponsor of the Jersey
Crew

"Wasn't Me I was in Sweetwater"
post #12 of 32 Old 01-14-2013, 05:21 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsub View Post
Yea and how many screen names can you have?
Eeeh....that really did suck. Then again, considering his tone throughout the entire ordeal it was pretty clear he was full of shit. Still hoping to see a solid JC turnout for the May run, y'all are cool in my book despite your horrible state of origin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneck View Post
meh, helps to thin out the submissions. you know, like asking for wheeling pics
Shit, it's hard enough around here to find a picture that wasn't taken outside the local Sam's Club.

post #13 of 32 Old 01-14-2013, 05:30 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArticRubi View Post
Eeeh....that really did suck. Then again, considering his tone throughout the entire ordeal it was pretty clear he was full of shit. Still hoping to see a solid JC turnout for the May run, y'all are cool in my book despite your horrible state of origin

Shit, it's hard enough around here to find a picture that wasn't taken outside the local Sam's Club.

Jersey gets a bad rap, how many places where you can wheel free of charge from dam near all the way across the state? And have an ocean to play in? I can leave my place and dam near hit LBI with only a few miles of black top. It's not the state that sucks it's the politicians that suck.

Official sponsor of the Jersey
Crew

"Wasn't Me I was in Sweetwater"
post #14 of 32 Old 01-14-2013, 05:45 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsub View Post
Jersey gets a bad rap, how many places where you can wheel free of charge from dam near all the way across the state? And have an ocean to play in? I can leave my place and dam near hit LBI with only a few miles of black top. It's not the state that sucks it's the politicians that suck.
I'll buy that. Outside of the Situations of the world, everyone I've met from Jersey is pretty cool.

Mark your calendar, 5/15 - 5/19 my club (Baystate Jeepers) will be there camping on site. Talked with Timberwolf about it, expecting to see a good JC turnout. We camp in epic proportions. I'll be leading reds and blacks, we'll also have a leader for blues and greens.

post #15 of 32 Old 01-14-2013, 05:51 PM
ADDICTION II build begins....

Good idea HIT and APT! Definitely rules out the category breakout complaining....now it's on the owners to get out there, have fun in your rigs and take some good photos or have someone take them!

U.S. Army
post #16 of 32 Old 01-14-2013, 06:41 PM
JKO Addict!

Good idea, it will be sweet to see some sick shots of the jeeps.

2010 Mango 2dr 6spd Rubicon
PSC BFH front and rear, Warn 9.5cti with viking synth line, Rigid duallys, RROR full skid,
RK 2.5 max travel pro with RRDs, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, Tera 44 front, Tera 60 rear with 4.88s
post #17 of 32 Old 01-14-2013, 07:13 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Like the sound of this.
post #18 of 32 Old 01-15-2013, 01:44 AM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

Like the rule change

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

post #19 of 32 Old 01-15-2013, 11:00 AM
Rock God

Not sure how to feel about this. Part of me likes it, and part of me dislikes it.

But it should certainly change things up.

2012 Silver JKU Rubicon
5 speed auto, 4.10s

For all your protection needs:

M101 trailer, RTT, Awning, etc
5 wide Little Guy Rough Rider Teardrop
post #20 of 32 Old 01-25-2013, 05:13 PM
Rock God

Question. Previously, there were 3 prizes (1 for each class). Is it just the winner that gets a prize? Or are there prizes for 2nd/3rd place?

2012 Silver JKU Rubicon
5 speed auto, 4.10s

post #21 of 32 Old 01-25-2013, 05:49 PM Thread Starter
Apt
I Put the FU in FUN

Garage
Re: Ride of the month - 2013 - Format Change

One prize. If you come in second though, I'll draw you a picture of a second place trophy. Just you.
post #22 of 32 Old 01-25-2013, 10:25 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apt View Post
One prize. If you come in second though, I'll draw you a picture of a second place trophy. Just you.
I think you're safe this time.

2012 Silver JKU Rubicon
5 speed auto, 4.10s

post #23 of 32 Old 02-09-2013, 09:05 PM
Rock God

Sounds like this is a done deal. I like it, however I think this would have made a great secondary contest to go along with the ride of the month. It's going to be hard to win this if you don't have a DSLR and photoshop or an amazing eye for photography. I am a little concerned with location themes as well. I don't have desert, snow, mountains, or water here unless I drive for a few hours. That being said, I'll do my best and enter when I can.

Mike
'07 2 door soft top
post #24 of 32 Old 02-11-2013, 01:24 AM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

Now that I've lived with it for a while.... I like when they can post more than one pic. Make the number something more like 5. Anyone else feel that way??

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

post #25 of 32 Old 03-10-2014, 12:18 PM
Wheeler

More pics would be great

2013 JKU RUBICON 10TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION: Mild lift, Banks Intake, custom exhaust, Wife's grocery getter/kids bus.
2003 Rubicon: Rubi-Crawler, Rollin on 37"s, Custom sliders, rear bumper, and skids. My toy.
1990 XJ: Last seen in east Mesa marking its territory.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode