JKO Ride of the Month Contest (Modified Class) - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
View Poll Results: Which is your favorite modified Rig?
kkuntz01 4 3.77%
ttechris 32 30.19%
toptechalex 12 11.32%
cjb321 6 5.66%
thisguyhasadd42 11 10.38%
woody67 8 7.55%
jpms 31 29.25%
cod29er 2 1.89%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 86 Old 10-12-2012, 01:38 AM Thread Starter
ADDICTION II build begins....

JKO Ride of the Month Contest (Modified Class)

So here are the guidelines/rules:

1. Modified Class includes: 37s and smaller, possible regearing, bumpers, winches...the usual modifications that most daily driver offroaders put together.

2. Contest will begin on 12 October and end on 19 October. The rig that wins the voting for Heavily Modified JK of the month will be announced on 20 October!

3. Vendor prizes are:
a. Matsonian (on behalf of Metal Cloak) - $100 gift certificate

Good luck to everyone!

U.S. Army
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 86 Old 10-12-2012, 01:43 AM Thread Starter

kkuntz01

2012 Rubicon Unlimited 6spd
Gobi Stealth Recon Rack
Trucklite Headlights
Rigid Dually Floods
LoD Sliders
ProTek skid system
Rock Hard transfer case and gas tank skid
Cobra 75

Custom Pin Striping
Custom Rock Rash
Custom Stock Front Bumper

Now for the pic's...

First time off pavement on the sand of the OBX.

An almost "bad day" on the trail.

The aftermath of the above, banging up the other side of the front bumper and a blown out front tire. Using air tools on the trail makes working on your junk that much easier.

U.S. Army
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 86 Old 10-12-2012, 01:49 AM Thread Starter

ttechris

2012 Dozer
4" EVO Plush Coils
Bilstein 5160 Shocks
Bistein Steering damper
RSP trackbar/steering box brace
TrailGear Creeperlocks 17x9
37" MTR/K
Bushwacker Flares
AFE Exhaust
ProCal
JCR Dagger series bumpers
Recon Winch
Smittybilt SRC Sliders
Poison Spyder Tramp Stamp
Safari Straps
Trektop NX
Solid Diff Covers
Raptor Line(Grill/Bumpers)
Metal Cloak Control arms
Genright Tire carrier
Nitro Axle Sleeves
Custom high lift mount

Hopefully I can add some wheeling pics with all the new stuff before the end of submission

U.S. Army
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 86 Old 10-12-2012, 11:32 PM Thread Starter

toptechalex

2008 Stone White Rubicon
Skyjacker Lift 4"
Skyjacker steering Stabilizer
37" BFG KM2
17x9 ProComp 7069
SRC Stinger
XRC Winch w/Synthetic line
Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers
Poison Spyder side body armor
Poison Spyder BFH Rear bumper
Poison Spyder Tramp Stamp
Trektop NX
Safari Straps
Custom Gibson exhaust
Optima Battery
Mopar Gas Cap
Mopar CAI(Soon to be replaced with stock box/snorkel)
LockPick
KC Lights

Old wheeling pics(35's)

U.S. Army
post #5 of 86 Old 10-12-2012, 11:35 PM Thread Starter

cjb321

poly 3in stage 3 lift w/ fox shocks and steering stabilizer
35x17x12.5 nitto trail grapplers on black steelies(dont have any good pics with the new wheels yet)
psc brawler lite front bumper
expedition one rear bumper/carrier
engo 12k winch with rugged ridge 3/8 synth line
psc evap skid
rugged ridge edisco skid
rock hard cage w/ harness bar
psc diy rico steps
spiderweb shade jkini
psc bombshell diff covers
poly c-gussets and inner sleeves
horn blasters 100watt pa w/ sirens
afe drop in air filter
aev procal
honda billet aluminum oil cap
uniden 520 pro cb
3ft firestick
flowmaster 50 muffler
lots of bedlined pieces parts

U.S. Army
post #6 of 86 Old 10-12-2012, 11:40 PM Thread Starter

thisguyhasadd42

2010 Mango Tango 2dr 6spd Rubicon
PSC BFH front and rear
Warn 9.5cti with viking synth line
Rigid duallys
RROR full skid
PSC evap skid
PSC trampstamp
Currie Antirock
RK 2.5 max travel pro
RK RRD shocks
37" Nitto Trail Grapplers
purejeep backbone
evo gussets
Trek Armor seat covers
Cobra 29 LX cb
Linexed tub
Sictrunks trunk covers
4.88 gears waiting to be put in

Almost flopped in end over end trying to get up this, hard to tell the angle but it is probably a 70-75% incline. Buddy finally got around to posting my near rollover vid, second attempt starts around 55 seconds (and yes the title of the vid is wrong)

2012 2 door Rubicon on 37's - YouTube

U.S. Army
post #7 of 86 Old 10-12-2012, 11:45 PM Thread Starter

woody67

ss I'll throw my hat into the ring. Here it goes...

Suspension:

2 1/2" Tereaflex coils and shocks
Teraflex rear axle track bar bracket
Poly weld on front track bar bracket
Currie control arms and track bars
Poly track bar braces front and rear
Currie Anti-Rock on the front

Drivetrain:

Dynatrac Pro Rock 44 Unlimited with Pro Steers
RCV axles
5.38 gears
Riddler diff cover on the rear
Tom Woods front drive shaft

Exterior:

36" Irok radials on Raceline Monster beadlocks
EVO 1/4 pounder with Superwinch 9000, syn line
PIAA fog/driving combo light
Poly rear bumper and tire carrier
Poly rocker armor
Poly gas tank skid

Other Stuff:
Superchips Flashpaq
CB

Just got it done, pulled it out of the garage for it's 1st picture. 3/2010

Hollister - Molina Ghost Run 2011

EJS 2012 - Run up Potato Salad Hill

Coming into Dusy-Ershim for my annual week long trip.

U.S. Army
post #8 of 86 Old 10-12-2012, 11:48 PM Thread Starter

jpms

2009 JKU Rubicon

3.5 RK X Factor
PSC Evap skid
Rat Pack
Inverter
Dual Yellow Tops
M9000 Warn
2 on 2 Viair
Tatton front drive shaft
Rebel Off Road Brake Kit

U.S. Army
post #9 of 86 Old 10-12-2012, 11:50 PM Thread Starter

cod29er

Modifications:
CoolTech Uniden75CB kit with 4ft firestick
Antique cow bell (not visible in pictures)
BestTop Trektop NX (Love this thing!!)
Angry Eyes headlights
Expanded steel grill mod
HID headlight conversion (35W, 8000K)
Homemade paracord grab handles for front seat and back seat
Mopar door sill guards
Crushed full width stock bumper from the rock garden

U.S. Army
post #10 of 86 Old 10-12-2012, 11:54 PM Thread Starter

vote away!

U.S. Army
post #11 of 86 Old 10-13-2012, 10:38 AM
JKO Addict!

That's awesome, two stockers stuck competing against field modified rigs...

Tell me that's not a screw job.

Tom, I appreciate you volunteering your time to manage the contest every month , but it's total b/s that cod29er or myself get slipped in with the modified field for having a few minor bolt-on's. Factory wheels/tires, no lift and stock bumpers to me constitutes a stock rig in many peoples eyes.

Sure my rig has seen the trail, but I wheel it like a soccer mom looking for a parking spot at Nordstroms.

Last edited by kkuntz01; 10-13-2012 at 01:32 PM.
post #12 of 86 Old 10-14-2012, 01:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkuntz01 View Post
That's awesome, two stockers stuck competing against field modified rigs...

Tell me that's not a screw job.

Tom, I appreciate you volunteering your time to manage the contest every month , but it's total b/s that cod29er or myself get slipped in with the modified field for having a few minor bolt-on's. Factory wheels/tires, no lift and stock bumpers to me constitutes a stock rig in many peoples eyes.

I understand your concern....but stock means nothing done to it and modified is anything changed out. It's everyone's interpretation what constitutes modified as either modified for trail expeditions, rock crawling, or simple mods (which is any modifications). There was other concerns in previous contests by those who were COMPLETELY stock going up against a rig built like yours is now...there will always be someone who feels they are at a lesser advantage, but we have had a JK win the modified class with less invested than what you have in yours right now! I will go back and find the month that this occurred and post the thread link here.

Here it is....https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77050 . As you can see, JKCTAZ won and literally has less in all of his modifications (including the 1.75" budget boost on stock tires) than the cost of a Gobi Roof Rack. Just because the other rigs are build more doesn't mean they will win!

Thank you for entering!!

Side Note: Please step forward if anyone else would like to take the lead on organizing/managing the ride of the month contests.....It's a very easy process to organize/facilitate and doesn't take that much time to put together.

U.S. Army
post #13 of 86 Old 10-14-2012, 01:41 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

How do you think I felt going against people like Planman and Sok66 in the past with a BB suspension, plate bumper, and some lights. Yeah, I stood a snowballs chance. I just kept entering because I like my Jeep and think it is worthy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.

Last edited by JKCTAZ; 10-14-2012 at 01:45 PM.
post #14 of 86 Old 10-14-2012, 01:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKCTAZ View Post
How do you think I felt going against people like Planman and Sok66 in the past with a BB suspension, plate bumper, and some lights. Yeah, I stood a snowballs chance. I just kept entering because I like my Jeep and think it is worthy...

JKCTAZ....you were like David and Goliath and won! I think you should take over the ROTM contests!

U.S. Army
post #15 of 86 Old 10-14-2012, 01:52 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXROCK View Post
I understand your concern....but stock means nothing done to it and modified is anything changed out. It's everyone's interpretation what constitutes modified as either modified for trail expeditions, rock crawling, or simple mods (which is any modifications). There was other concerns in previous contests by those who were COMPLETELY stock going up against a rig built like yours is now...there will always be someone who feels they are at a lesser advantage, but we have had a JK win the modified class with less invested than what you have in yours right now! I will go back and find the month that this occurred and post the thread link here.

Here it is....https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77050 . As you can see, JKCTAZ won and literally has less in all of his modifications (including the 1.75" budget boost on stock tires) than the cost of a Gobi Roof Rack. Just because the other rigs are build more doesn't mean they will win!

Thank you for entering!!
Sooo what you're saying is even though I'm sporting factory wheels, suspension and bumpers because I've got $4g in simple bolt ons that by default puts me in a category to run head to head against guys who have truly modified rigs wit lifts, tires, beadlocks, bumpers...

What about cod29er? I guess his angry eye headlights, cow bell, trek top and CB definitely put him in the modified category.

That's great that JKCTAZ won a few months ago being an underdog. Whether all his buddies pitched in and voted for him or people wanted to vote for the underdog in the field is inconsequential at this time.

All I'm asking is "clearly" spell out the rules. If I had any inkling my junk was going to be put up against guys on 37's and beadlocks I would have saved myself the trouble and the embarrassment.

So you can just go ahead and take me out of the running for ROTM this month...

Sure my rig has seen the trail, but I wheel it like a soccer mom looking for a parking spot at Nordstroms.
post #16 of 86 Old 10-14-2012, 02:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Sooo what you're saying is even though I'm sporting factory wheels, suspension and bumpers because I've got $4g in simple bolt ons that by default puts me in a category to run head to head against guys who have truly modified rigs wit lifts, tires, beadlocks, bumpers...

What about cod29er? I guess his angry eye headlights, cow bell, trek top and CB definitely put him in the modified category.

That's great that JKCTAZ won a few months ago being an underdog. Whether all his buddies pitched in and voted for him or people wanted to vote for the underdog in the field is inconsequential at this time.

All I'm asking is "clearly" spell out the rules. If I had any inkling my junk was going to be put up against guys on 37's and beadlocks I would have saved myself the trouble and the embarrassment.

You mean these rules that were "Spelled Out" in the submission thread?

Quote:
JKO members, the October 3-Class ROTM submission dates will run from now until October 11th with voting from 12-19 October.

So here are the guidelines/rules:

This entry/submission thread will run through 11 October.....voting will begin on the 12th and end on the 19th (when poll times out if less than 10 entries and midnight if more than 10 due to poll options are limited to 10 entries). Post up your Jeep pictures and DETAILS of the Jeep modifications on THIS thread so that I will have all the information for the voting threads to come!

1. Heavily Modified Class includes: 38s or larger, non-stock axle overhauls to support said tires, HEMIs, roll-cages, bumpers, winches, body cutting, etc!

2. Modified Class includes: 37s and smaller, possible regearing, bumpers, winches...the usual modifications that most daily driver offroaders put together.

3. Stock Class includes: Stock is stock....no modifications. Stock submissions would be based on off-roader pictures of the stock JK being used off-road. (AND YES...We have had JKs with simple mods like bumpers and lights but no suspension/tires win the Modified Class)

NOTE: For stock class, ensure you put up your favorite offroad picture showing you use your Jeep justifying why you greatly need the prizes! No explanations needed as the pictures will speak for themselves!

Be sure to get your favorite off-roading pictures together or take some if you don't currently have any!

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________

Not trying to be an A**hole or anything, but it's all there and you were THE FIRST ONE to enter saying "Stock Class" with the rules right above it indicating you were actually in the Modified Class. Kkuntz01, tell you what, the reigns are all yours.....November ROTM is your gig so start getting ready!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

U.S. Army
post #17 of 86 Old 10-14-2012, 02:14 PM
Granite Guru

Money spent obviously isn't a deciding factor. Shit, look how far behind I am!
post #18 of 86 Old 10-14-2012, 02:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttechris View Post
Money spent obviously isn't a deciding factor. Shit, look how far behind I am!
Very true...KKuntz has offroading pictures with dirt on the Jeep! hahaha

It's all good.....November ROTM will be his run to set up the rules, process submissions, and make the voting threads!

U.S. Army
post #19 of 86 Old 10-14-2012, 02:30 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Quote:

By "buddies" you mean the general population here on JKO? In the beginning it was a dead heat between EMG006 and myself. I sweetened the deal by offering up my prize to an AD miltary person if you'll recall which was selfless considering I might have still won without that caveat. In the end the guy (who is deployed and away from his family) who won my prize giveaway ended up with three additional things from others doing selfless things. This is ultimately for fun and it sure is nice of Tom to take any of his spare time to do this for us here in this community. So, what were you saying again?

Quote:
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
post #20 of 86 Old 10-14-2012, 05:01 PM
Granite Guru

Does a bb/leveling kit/pucks make your stock suspension modified?

2012 Unlimited Rubicon
post #21 of 86 Old 10-14-2012, 05:18 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08rubicon View Post
Does a bb/leveling kit/pucks make your stock suspension modified?
RK's BB L.T. kit removes/replaces stock swaybar links, so yes, that would be a modification from bone stock.

Quote:
post #22 of 86 Old 10-15-2012, 12:27 PM
Wheeler

Garage

I remember a few months ago the criteria for a stock rig was no mods to improve off road capability. I do feel like the underdog, oh well. Bring it on!! I have more parts to put on before next month.

There are Jeeps on here that are where I want mine to be someday. Still gotta vote for mine!!!
post #23 of 86 Old 10-16-2012, 01:45 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cod29er View Post
I remember a few months ago the criteria for a stock rig was no mods to improve off road capability.

That was what it use to be until other COMPLETELY STOCK members said the same thing in the stock class (competing with other slightly modded jeeps) that you and Kkuntz01 are saying about being in the modified class up against more built jeeps.

U.S. Army
post #24 of 86 Old 10-16-2012, 02:47 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
That was what it use to be until other COMPLETELY STOCK members said the same thing in the stock class (competing with other slightly modded jeeps) that you and Kkuntz01 are saying about being in the modified class up against more built jeeps.
Right. There is a big difference a big difference between a stock Jeep with a few bolt on's competing against other stock Jeeps as opposed to more highly modified Jeeps with lifts, rims, tires, bumpers, etc.

My impression of how things were set up before for the stock/stock mod class was to give a more level playing field for guys like cod29er or myself who don't have anything more than a few simple bolt on's. If anything it acts as more than a deferent for guys like us from even competing in the first place. The guy who only throws on a set of lights, a CB or a trektop by default gets put in the modified category based on the ever changing rules. In my opinion, that is not fair to those guys, and that is the point trying to get across. Are the guys with the fresh of the lot Jeeps going to cry foul? Probably, but you're not going to please everyone. Trying to placate some while alienating others does no one any good in the long run.

The nature of this contest is for voters to vote for what they like, so it's based on subjective tastes. If someone votes for my junk over someone else's, it's because there was something they saw they liked over the others in the playing field. Whether it is the color of the Jeep, a few simple 'mods' (that don't improve off road ability) or the person was using their Jeep over poser shots tire humping a rock. Ultimately the voting is subjective based on people's tastes, preferences and opinions.

As I've said before, I appreciate all that you have done to manage this contest for the forum. I can't imagine it's easy especially when people whine about how this or that isn't fair (myself included). My intent is not to be a dick or a whiny bitch but to step up and speak out because I see something that doesn't make sense to me. I know you tried passing ROTM over to me for next month but as I expressed to you in PM I have no interest in taking this on.

Thanks,

Kevin

Last edited by kkuntz01; 10-16-2012 at 03:17 AM.
post #25 of 86 Old 10-16-2012, 03:41 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
...... based on the ever changing rules.
Kevin, the rules only changed twice. Once for the cutoff point for Modified to Heavily Modified (given the amount of people going 37s without a lot of changes required to the Jeeps), and then to the cutoff point for stock to modified (where if the jeep is modified in anyway including adding parts that dont come from the manufacturer) then it will be stock and if adding then it is modified.

As it is, this is literally the last contest I will be running. It honestly has nothing to do with member opinions on what the cutoffs should be...if you remember back in July I was going to have to pause on it for July and August but pushed on despite all the other things I had going on. Just have a lot of other requirements getting busier in my personal life and my family is asking me to cut back and spend more time with them.

It's been a fun 12 months of consistent contests though and appreciate everyone who has entered and all the vendors who have supported.

U.S. Army
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode