Ride of the Month - April 2015 - Vote Thread - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
View Poll Results: ROTM WINNER
JKred07 12 27.91%
Jeep Momma 4 9.30%
LAXPHATTY 6 13.95%
Jason Mac 21 48.84%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 04-26-2015, 08:53 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage
Ride of the Month - April 2015 - Vote Thread

Ride of the Month - April 2015. Here they are..... Pick your favorite picture to be posted on the JKOwners.com Facebook home page.

I'm setting this up as a 1 vote step. You all have till the end of the month to make your votes for your favorite picture on this thread by using the voting options. At the end of the month, I'll close the vote and announce the winner!

Metalcloak has offered a $100 gift certificate to the overall winner as well which really is appreciated. Thank you!

JKred07
Trail name: Old Florida Road (OFR). Photo from the second ledge.

Not a hard trail, comprised of two key ledges, but otherwise a straightforward fun cruise. What makes it my favorite is the first time I ran this trail. Sorry for the kinda long story....

Prior to running OFR my jeep was bone stock, and I stuck to beaches and backcountry dirt roads. This was the first trail I ran when I finally started building my jeep. I brought my Dad with me for the run (who had never taken a vehicle off-road like this), and it was smack dab in the middle of a tropical depression. We were way out of our element. I barely knew my jeep, didn't know the trail at all, and had just met the guys we were running it with. We spent all day in the trail, working through lots of washouts and muddy rock, and an unbelievable amount of running water. One jeep nearly rolled when it slid off the trail, which was right around the time my Dad decided we were all crazy. I made it through without any real eventful issues, but scared out of my mind the entire ride through. I also learned more about my jeep that day than any other day wheeling, made myself some great friends that has grown into a tight group here in New England, and most importantly became hooked on the sport with a story my Dad and I still joke about today.
Name:  ImageUploadedByAG Free1430059870.639322.jpg
Views: 693
Size:  131.7 KB

Jeep Momma
Trail Name: Rausch Creek Off Road Park, Pennsylvania – Green Trails

Definitely not hardcore, not very steep or dangerous, nor a chance to get super flexi, but these green trails at Rausch Creek Off-road Park just outside Tremont, Pennsylvania are my favorite because they are where my love for off-roading blossomed, and my addiction to riding rocky trails began. The green trails are designed for the off-roading beginner, which is what I am. My first trail ride was an instructional class on these trails in my stock 2013 Sahara, and the emotions that day that coursed through my body were unbelievably amazing, from scared to death to super excited to the powerful feeling of accomplishment, it was a natural high I will never forget. Off roading is an addiction that keeps growing inside me, and I just can't get enough of the rocky ride, and I crave more and more each day. I ended up trading in my Sahara for my 2015 Rubicon just a year and a half later, and the ride became that much more incredibly awesome. I too like pushing to the limits, but my limits right now are in the infancy stages as I continue to get my fix of wheelin' amongst the "baby" rocks gaining more and more confidence each time. I will look at this picture many years from now and fondly remember those “baby” rocks I used to climb in my Jeep Rubicon.
Name:  ImageUploadedByAG Free1430059924.476261.jpg
Views: 540
Size:  204.1 KB

LAXPHATTY
Peacock Flats has a wonderful mix of easy to hard trails to please everyone from Subaru to buggy owners. The first time I ran this trail was in my old Toyota Pickup with some local friends. I just had to have more, so I ended up buying my Jeep. The Flats one entrance is way out on the least populated corner of the island and you must apply for a pass 10 days prior to get through the gate at the base of the mountain, which combine to make for a trail that does not get abused and eventually shut down like so many there. I have countless memories with good friends on those trails. The stars are truly breathtaking if you dare to stay on the mountain after dark and see if the legend of the night marchers is true...
Name:  ImageUploadedByAG Free1430059979.597932.jpg
Views: 539
Size:  50.3 KB

Jason Mac
this part of the trail my friends all yell STOP. I thought I had broke something. I ask what's wrong. They reply "Your shit is SO flexed out right now. We need a picture" So this is what came of it. If you look close you can see the JKO sticker on the cowl.
Name:  ImageUploadedByAG Free1430059995.115884.jpg
Views: 505
Size:  127.2 KB

"CUTTS CREW"
"08 2 Door X-Fox Coilovers-Custom MC ended Long Arm w/ 8" Rear Stretch-40" ProComp MT2-ProRock 44 Unlimited-ARB Front/Rear Locker-5.13's-Custom VKS Rock Rails-Chopped Fenders-ARB Compressor-Overkill Corners Customized-PSC Hood Louver-PSC BFH Trail Stinger
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by HOGGSTATUS; 04-26-2015 at 07:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-26-2015, 01:55 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOGGSTATUS View Post
Ride of the Month - April 2015. Here they are..... Pick your favorite picture to be posted on the JKOwners.com Facebook home page.

I'm setting this up as a 1 vote step. You all have till the end of the month to make your votes for your favorite picture on this thread by using the voting options. At the end of the month, I'll close the vote and announce the winner!

Metalcloak has offered a $100 gift certificate to the overall winner as well which really is appreciated. Thank you!

JKred07
Attachment 210546

Jeep Momma
Attachment 210554

LAXPHATTY
Attachment 210562

Jason Mac
Attachment 210570
What about the stories behind the pictures?

Tammy
post #3 of 7 Old 04-26-2015, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep Momma View Post
What about the stories behind the pictures?
Fixed sorry about that...

"CUTTS CREW"
"08 2 Door X-Fox Coilovers-Custom MC ended Long Arm w/ 8" Rear Stretch-40" ProComp MT2-ProRock 44 Unlimited-ARB Front/Rear Locker-5.13's-Custom VKS Rock Rails-Chopped Fenders-ARB Compressor-Overkill Corners Customized-PSC Hood Louver-PSC BFH Trail Stinger
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 05-02-2015, 11:39 AM
Rock God

Congrats to JMac on the win. awesome pic.
post #5 of 7 Old 05-04-2015, 10:33 AM
Jeepineer

Garage

Shit, I was doing good for a hot second.

Congrats Jmac

-Mike
2007 2dr X, 6sp, 35's on D44's, 2" lift, cage, hydro, etc.
post #6 of 7 Old 05-04-2015, 10:35 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy View Post
Congrats to JMac on the win. awesome pic.
Yes congrats JMac! I hope to be like you some day!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKred07 View Post
Shit, I was doing good for a hot second.

Congrats Jmac

At least you didn't royally suck like I did!

Tammy
post #7 of 7 Old 05-04-2015, 01:26 PM

Thanks everyone. And nobody sucks, we all have Jeeps. I consider that a win
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode