LeftHandRubi 4 7.84%
NascarRubicon 30 58.82%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 56 Old 10-24-2014, 01:26 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage
ROTM October finals....

This is the Final round voting thread. We've narrowed the field down from 13 great entries down to the Final 4!

Here they are guys. Pick your favorite picture on this thread by using the voting options. At the end of the month, I'll close the vote and announce the winner!

Metalcloak has offered a $100 gift certificate to the overall winner as well which really is appreciated. Thank you Matsonian.

Tiltz
Name:  ImageUploadedByAG Free1414178552.166481.jpg
Views: 451
Size:  354.2 KB

MarineSpence
Name:  ImageUploadedByAG Free1414178574.331460.jpg
Views: 476
Size:  526.1 KB

LeftHandRubi
Name:  ImageUploadedByAG Free1414178617.964015.jpg
Views: 461
Size:  507.8 KB

NascarRubicon
Name:  ImageUploadedByAG Free1414178672.557940.jpg
Views: 489
Size:  671.4 KB

"CUTTS CREW"
"08 2 Door X-Fox Coilovers-Custom MC ended Long Arm w/ 8" Rear Stretch-40" ProComp MT2-ProRock 44 Unlimited-ARB Front/Rear Locker-5.13's-Custom VKS Rock Rails-Chopped Fenders-ARB Compressor-Overkill Corners Customized-PSC Hood Louver-PSC BFH Trail Stinger
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by HOGGSTATUS; 10-24-2014 at 01:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 56 Old 10-25-2014, 06:07 PM
JKO Addict!

Swg5031 is a shit talking, double account having douche. Talking shit about another contestant (LefthandRubi), so he could win a stupid contest. Hell, the only reason he flipped over was because he was blowing his boyfriend in the passenger seat, took his eyes off the road. He was probably on his way to a Wayalife get together.

It isn't so much that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so many things that aren't so.― Ronald Reagan
post #3 of 56 Old 10-25-2014, 06:35 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

He has 4 user-names under the same IP so he's outta here.

The field will now be narrowed down.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 56 Old 10-25-2014, 06:45 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post

Can you disclose his other names? If not, understand.

It isn't so much that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so many things that aren't so.― Ronald Reagan
post #5 of 56 Old 10-25-2014, 09:20 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
ROTM October finals....

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneck ron View Post
Can you disclose his other names? If not, understand.

Bs

Cut loose on those other names. We need to know.

Sorry to shit up this thread.

TC
Crawling For Reid March 23, 2019 Adventure OffRoad Park

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by TCdawg; 10-25-2014 at 09:25 PM.
post #6 of 56 Old 10-25-2014, 09:50 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:

2012 Jeep Wrangler - Gecko
3.5" Rock Krawler X Factor
40x13.5 Nitto Mud Grapplers / 17" Fuel Hostage
Poison Spyder Brawler Lite / Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers
Poison Spyder RockBrawler w/ Tire Carrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx View Post
and yet... canada still sucks worse

we'd make fun of your prime minister if we could... unfortunately nobody's ever heard of him!
post #7 of 56 Old 10-26-2014, 06:43 AM
JKO Dickhead

Garage

Voted !

Building a capable off road Jeep is easy...building a street legal one that you can drive two hours away to wheel and then drive to work the following morning is the challenge...
post #8 of 56 Old 10-26-2014, 08:07 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc3amx View Post
Sorry for wearing a fanny pack full of dildos

FIFY

Welcome to JKO

TC
Crawling For Reid March 23, 2019 Adventure OffRoad Park

post #9 of 56 Old 10-26-2014, 08:22 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Nothing strange going on with this. Two different people? Maybe, but it's not generally accepted that two different people pose as 4 different people.. Or are we up to 5 now with our "newest member" kc3amx?

I'll look into this a bit more when I get home tonight from working my paying job... sigh, and see what admin wants to do on this one. This is not typical and so for at least the time being I stand by my decision. If they want to reverse the ban for any reason then that will be up to them. What a cluster-fuck.

mdd423 52.129.8.51
mskillen 52.129.8.51
swg5031 52.129.8.51
Tommy Guns 52.129.8.51

mdd423 52.129.8.52
mskillen 52.129.8.52
swg5031 52.129.8.52
Tommy Guns 52.129.8.52

mdd423 52.129.8.47
swg5031 52.129.8.47
Tommy Guns 52.129.8.47

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #10 of 56 Old 10-26-2014, 08:48 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
I work at a plant with over 130 people here, it stands to reason that we all post form the same IP address at one time or another... to say that because you use the same IP as some one is the same as being the same is like saying "you were driving on the same road that went to the store that was robbed so you must be the robber"...
Which is why I said I'd look into it later tonight.

It still won't win you any votes in ROTM and that has nothing to do with this deal... It's because of the negative comments that you made in regards to a very respected and well-liked member. You kinda sealed your fate with that mess. Anyway... I do understand the proxy IP circumstances... just that it isn't something that normally happens on here and in this instance it made for a lot of confusion and contemplation. I'll have to deal with this when I get home tonight.

Y'all have a good day.

post #11 of 56 Old 10-26-2014, 08:56 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
I work at a plant with over 130 people here, it stands to reason that we all post form the same IP address at one time or another... to say that because you use the same IP as some one is the same as being the same is like saying "you were driving on the same road that went to the store that was robbed so you must be the robber"...
So, what you're saying is that you are in fact a different person who joined the site for the sole purpose of voting for your co-worker so he can win an interwebs contest. Well that just makes everything all unicorns and rainbows now doesn't it?

post #12 of 56 Old 10-26-2014, 10:47 AM
JKO Dickhead

Garage

isnt creatinng an additional account to add votes ( then later admitting it..genius ! ) enough to get banned ???

Building a capable off road Jeep is easy...building a street legal one that you can drive two hours away to wheel and then drive to work the following morning is the challenge...
post #13 of 56 Old 10-26-2014, 12:46 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Voted. Hey, kc3amx, time to jog along with your fanny pack full of dildos. Nobody cares. Truly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
post #14 of 56 Old 10-26-2014, 01:21 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Quote:
Well, if nobody cares then why ban two people?
That would be a question for the guy who noticed that there are four different users originating on the same IP. Nobody you work with has internet at home? Sounds a lot like a load of horseshit to me.

Anyways, the fact that you are so defensive only adds to pegging the bullshit meter.

Quote:
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
post #15 of 56 Old 10-26-2014, 02:50 PM
Rock God

Garage

I'm not here to defend anyone, and I wasn't paying attention so I didn't see whatever prior drama occurred.

However, I would like to point out that it is entirely possible and reasonable that more than one real person could be accessing JKO and even signed-up for JKO from the same IP address. Most businesses and some ISP's route all individual users through a proxy to access the Internet. This is done both for security and performance. Hundreds or thousands (in my case, tens of thousands) of individual employees will share a proxy IP address whenever accessing the Internet from work, or from their work computer at home.

It is also reasonably possible that several coworkers enjoy the same recreational activity (Jeeps/Off-Roading) and are active on the same forums (JKO), and even talk to each other in person to form similar opinions. And these people might decide to all support a particular ROTM contestant, and might even all cast their votes while at work and, thereby, be logged under the same proxy ID.

I'm not saying that there isn't some element of conspiracy involved. But is a few buddies getting together at work to vote for each other (or to stand-up for each other in a disagreement) any worse than the guys who ask other members of their club or their relatives and friends to vote in their favor?

If there was douchebaggery involved then by all means take appropriate action. But before using a common IP address as prima facie evidence of fraud, you should at least do a lookup of the IP address to determine if it is a corporate proxy or an individual's home computer. In this case you would find the source IP's are, in fact, assigned to a large corporation.

I'm a JKO Reject
post #16 of 56 Old 10-26-2014, 03:05 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

I digress, totally unlikely that several buddies work at the same place, using the same DHCP address, AND have no other way or time to, access this forum solely to vote for a ROTM where 100.00 gift card is the prize. Just all too coincidental and unusal. I have no dog in this race, I just think the level of defensiveness is going beyond trying to resolve a conflict. If he really was as innocent as he claims he is, why not PM Stub and admin with proof and let them make the call instead of making it public and in such a vehement manner?

Dildo fanny pack!

Quote:
post #17 of 56 Old 10-26-2014, 03:41 PM
Banned

I vote swg5031 stays in and I give a vote for his ride. Y'all are some dumb idiots lol and by the way, look up the definition of IP address and how it works, may do you some good.
post #18 of 56 Old 10-26-2014, 03:49 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgold13 View Post
I vote swg5031 stays in and I give a vote for his ride. Y'all are some dumb idiots lol and by the way, look up the definition of IP address and how it works, may do you some good.
One post and already name calling.

Quote:
post #19 of 56 Old 10-26-2014, 03:52 PM
JKO Addict!

What are we up to 5 now ?

2007 JKR | PSC Big bore box | Rock Krawler 3.5" x-factor arms l SteerSmarts YETI track bar, tie rod, no drill flipped drag link, Griffin | Synergy frame brace | 37x12.5x17 Nitto RG's | Dana front DS | Fox IFP shocks | Artec front armor kit/Currie JJ's | Teraflex rear axle bracket | EVO Rockstars | Ridged D's, A pillar mounts | VKS sliders l Trek Armor seat covers | Superchips/Sprint booster | Savvy half doors w/ Bestop uppers
post #20 of 56 Old 10-26-2014, 03:54 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjeeper10 View Post
What are we up to 5 now ?
Join date, 10-24-14. Yeah, five.

Quote:
post #21 of 56 Old 10-26-2014, 04:01 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKCTAZ View Post
Join date, 10-24-14. Yeah, five.
I think 6!!

"CUTTS CREW"
"08 2 Door X-Fox Coilovers-Custom MC ended Long Arm w/ 8" Rear Stretch-40" ProComp MT2-ProRock 44 Unlimited-ARB Front/Rear Locker-5.13's-Custom VKS Rock Rails-Chopped Fenders-ARB Compressor-Overkill Corners Customized-PSC Hood Louver-PSC BFH Trail Stinger
post #22 of 56 Old 10-26-2014, 04:43 PM
Rock God

Garage

Ha ha, my apologies for my part in this thread becoming such a shit show. I do agree with the point anyone wanting to rig something like this with half a brain would likely disguise IP via a VPN service or similar,

That matter aside its still a pretty douchy way to violate the spirit of the contest by signing up just to vote then piss in other people's opinions. You sir are an arse! No matter what your identity or multiples thereof.

If you as you claim, are not SWG then a nice slow clap for fucking up your buddy's chances and dragging his name through the muck.

If you are all the same person, then that's pretty sad, and yes wayalife is likely your spiritual home.

You don't come out well either way so maybe you may just want to bow out disgracefully.

If not then hell, I'll just pull up a chair and a beer and enjoy the show. I think I've fed the troll enough now.

(There should be a troll of the month competition, winner gets a years membership of witopia IP hosting?)

Unspoilt by progress.
post #23 of 56 Old 10-26-2014, 04:59 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Nothing strange going on with this. Two different people? Maybe, but it's not generally accepted that two different people pose as 4 different people.. Or are we up to 5 now with our "newest member" kc3amx?

I'll look into this a bit more when I get home tonight from working my paying job... sigh, and see what admin wants to do on this one. This is not typical and so for at least the time being I stand by my decision. If they want to reverse the ban for any reason then that will be up to them. What a cluster-fuck.

mdd423 52.129.8.51
mskillen 52.129.8.51
swg5031 52.129.8.51
Tommy Guns 52.129.8.51

mdd423 52.129.8.52
mskillen 52.129.8.52
swg5031 52.129.8.52
Tommy Guns 52.129.8.52

mdd423 52.129.8.47
swg5031 52.129.8.47
Tommy Guns 52.129.8.47
I know Tommy Guns pretty well and doubt he is involved. Hasn't been logged on here since April, and his same IP posted is linked to his account on my site. He does work for DuPont, which is where the IP address in question is registered to. I see swg is listed as from Delaware, guessing there is a chance he works there too.

post #24 of 56 Old 10-26-2014, 05:07 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Here's the main point, regardless if there's fake people voting, new people voting, green people voting, etc. -

swg5031's photo sucks and didn't get any other votes anyway. I mean it's a picture of a flop on a straight level road. It's not a photo of a stuck. It's a photo of stupid.

post #25 of 56 Old 10-26-2014, 05:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klink View Post
Quote:
Here's the main point, regardless if there's fake people voting, new people voting, green people voting, etc. -

swg5031's photo sucks and didn't get any other votes anyway. I mean it's a picture of a flop on a straight level road. It's not a photo of a stuck. It's a photo of stupid.
Ok here's the thing. Do you know of a thing called snow? Did you know that another thing called ice typically lies under snow? What happens when you add an external element like a slight horizontal incline and the direct downward force of the weight of the jeep? The laws of physics then guide us with the knowledge that with any added velocity, the near frictionless ice surface will cause the jeep to slide down the embankment causing a change in equilibrium causing the jeep to lie on it's side. Therefore, this was not a cause of stupidity, just unluckyness with Mother Nature.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode