October Ride of the Month Submission Thread - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 10-01-2014, 02:40 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage
October Ride of the Month Submission Thread

Ride of the month submission time!

I'm looking for the best picture for October ROTM!
This month's theme is: WORST Stuck Pic...

Here's a picture....

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1041
Size:  101.4 KB

I'm looking for your JK stuck in Mud, Rocks, Sand, Snow....WHATEVER!! Post it up to enter! I'll close the submission thread on near the end of the month and set up the voting. Sorry, but one entrant per person, please. If you post more than one picture, I'll randomly select one of them to run in the contest.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
We’re looking for the best member’s pictures for that month. The winning picture will have the place of honor on the JKOwners Facebook page. We’ve eliminated the multiple classes. There is only one. We don’t care what’s on the Jeep (or how much $ they’ve spent or sweat they’ve put into it).
The criteria will be simple. Each month we’ll have a theme unannounced until entry time. Entrants will post up their submitted picture for ROTM. We anticipate quite a few submissions each month. We’ll run an initial vote to narrow the field a bit kind of like a semifinals. Highest vote counts continue on to the finals. Finals would consist of 5-10 entrants max on a vote and we’ll see which one wins (10 is option limit on poll so if the contestant numbers are still high we'll go with 10).

It would be helpful to the entrant by having a little caption of where the shot was taken. Another thing to consider would be to make it a higher quality picture (cell phone pics suck).

What are you voting on? The overall picture and how well it relates to the theme of the month, picture quality, uniqueness of the shot, how well the jeep is framed in the foreground or beauty of the background. Which of the pictures posted by the entrants just 'makes it for you' as the symbol of our group on the Facebook home page. There are a lot of factors but we wanted to allow you guys to determine the best picture of the month.

I really don't want to make a huge list of rules that sort this out, but as they are generated, I'll update this post with whatever rules need to be imposed.
Rules:
1. Picture must be of the entrant's jeep.
2. Picture must comply with the theme of the month. Those that don't comply will be disqualified.
3. Winners in the calendar year are disqualified from entering again in the same calendar year. We'd like to spread the wins out, which I'm sure you'll understand.
4. One submission post of one picture only per month please.

"CUTTS CREW"
"08 2 Door X-Fox Coilovers-Custom MC ended Long Arm w/ 8" Rear Stretch-40" ProComp MT2-ProRock 44 Unlimited-ARB Front/Rear Locker-5.13's-Custom VKS Rock Rails-Chopped Fenders-ARB Compressor-Overkill Corners Customized-PSC Hood Louver-PSC BFH Trail Stinger
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by HOGGSTATUS; 10-01-2014 at 03:06 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 10-05-2014, 11:00 AM
Rock God

I thought I had some better stuck pics. I found this one from a couple years ago.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 17 Old 10-05-2014, 01:14 PM
Rock God

What looked like a tiny puddle of water turned into a hole filled with shit real fast!Name:  ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1412536422.261088.jpg
Views: 494
Size:  999.8 KB

"Cutts Crew" Member
"work hard play harder"

owner of the only 87 jk!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 Old 10-05-2014, 01:32 PM
JKO Addict!

Pretty much thought the same thing as above.

2010 Mango 2dr 6spd Rubicon
PSC BFH front and rear, Warn 9.5cti with viking synth line, Rigid duallys, RROR full skid,
RK 2.5 max travel pro with RRDs, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, Tera 44 front, Tera 60 rear with 4.88s
post #5 of 17 Old 10-05-2014, 05:14 PM
Rock God

Our old JK mudding. This day resulted in the R&R of clutch was stuck many many times.

2014 JKU Rubicon, 2007 Superbee #692/1000, BMC Hooligan (my chopper yea it's a Rigid)
"There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don't care who gets the credit."
- Ronald Reagan 40th President of the United States (1981-1989)

Last edited by azoth99; 10-05-2014 at 05:24 PM.
post #6 of 17 Old 10-05-2014, 05:54 PM
It never ends...

Hit the water too fast, took a bow wave. Stalled. Winched out, pulled spark plugs. Got it going again.

This jeep turned into Rex.

Name:  ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1412553257.817574.jpg
Views: 568
Size:  443.7 KB

I love Wheeling, it frees the mind
T-REX
Meet Rex Thread:
Adventures of Rex Thread:
post #7 of 17 Old 10-06-2014, 07:44 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftHandRubi View Post
Hit the water too fast, took a bow wave. Stalled. Winched out, pulled spark plugs. Got it going again.

This jeep turned into Rex.

Attachment 175625
Hahahaha...Love the Kids sittin up there. Makes me really wonder what they may have been yelling at you!!

"CUTTS CREW"
"08 2 Door X-Fox Coilovers-Custom MC ended Long Arm w/ 8" Rear Stretch-40" ProComp MT2-ProRock 44 Unlimited-ARB Front/Rear Locker-5.13's-Custom VKS Rock Rails-Chopped Fenders-ARB Compressor-Overkill Corners Customized-PSC Hood Louver-PSC BFH Trail Stinger
post #8 of 17 Old 10-07-2014, 07:27 AM
Granite Guru

Little too far passenger. From Hellz Hollar WV
post #9 of 17 Old 10-07-2014, 10:46 AM
Rock God

Falken Wildpeaks are not cut out for southern mud. My how my jeep has grown since this pic.
Attached Images

I have jeeps. I do shit to them.
post #10 of 17 Old 10-07-2014, 03:36 PM
Wheeler

Icy road at the cabin, Off camber right hand turn.. Winched in back on all 4 and drove it home 5 hours no problem

Cant Fix Stupid...
post #11 of 17 Old 10-07-2014, 06:03 PM
Rock God

Garage

Buried the 38s in frog hole at rc. Had to change out the tob shortly after. Didn't think it was quicksand mud. Hit it locked f/r 4lo 2nd gear. Sunk straight down. Was sitting in some nasty shit till I got winched out
Attached Images

"Eat Liquid Gold"

Last edited by NascarRubicon; 10-07-2014 at 06:06 PM.
post #12 of 17 Old 10-08-2014, 04:27 PM
Rock God

Mud filled tires, wet logs and no speed. Got me stuck on the logs. Friend tried to give me a gentle tug, and instead of going forward, went sideways along the logs over the edge into the creek.

Its funny how the pictures never seem to show it as bad as it felt when you did it.

2012 Silver JKU Rubicon
5 speed auto, 4.10s

For all your protection needs:

M101 trailer, RTT, Awning, etc
5 wide Little Guy Rough Rider Teardrop
post #13 of 17 Old 10-08-2014, 05:17 PM
Rock God

That hummer is having a proud moment

post #14 of 17 Old 10-10-2014, 10:36 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiltz View Post
That hummer is having a proud moment
Maybe there... but I winched him out of a ton of crap all day.

2012 Silver JKU Rubicon
5 speed auto, 4.10s

For all your protection needs:

M101 trailer, RTT, Awning, etc
5 wide Little Guy Rough Rider Teardrop
post #15 of 17 Old 10-14-2014, 02:05 PM
Rock God

All my best stuck pictures are of other people and I have none of my best stucks, but since nobody has posted sand and rocks yet......

Last edited by Catfish; 01-07-2015 at 02:11 PM.
post #16 of 17 Old 10-19-2014, 07:05 AM
Rock God

Straight up baller getting stuck with sra's in like 2ft deep mud

post #17 of 17 Old 10-19-2014, 07:10 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by NascarRubicon View Post
Buried the 38s in frog hole at rc. Had to change out the tob shortly after. Didn't think it was quicksand mud. Hit it locked f/r 4lo 2nd gear. Sunk straight down. Was sitting in some nasty shit till I got winched out
I dont think ive ever seen someone do that and mot get stuck. Definition of a bad time. Good excuse to use the escape hatch though

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode