September Ride of the Month Submission Thread - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 Old 09-04-2014, 12:44 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

September Ride of the Month Submission Thread

Ride of the month submission time!

I'm looking for the best picture for September ROTM!
This month's theme is: Mall Crawling

Here's one from the interwebz

But, don't hold back - be creative, take a great picture of you at the mall. Post it up to enter! I'll close the submission thread on near the end of the month and set up the voting. Sorry, but one entrant per person, please. If you post more than one picture, I'll randomly select one of them to run in the contest.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
We’re looking for the best member’s pictures for that month. The winning picture will have the place of honor on the JKOwners Facebook page. We’ve eliminated the multiple classes. There is only one. We don’t care what’s on the Jeep (or how much $ they’ve spent or sweat they’ve put into it).
The criteria will be simple. Each month we’ll have a theme unannounced until entry time. Entrants will post up their submitted picture for ROTM. We anticipate quite a few submissions each month. We’ll run an initial vote to narrow the field a bit kind of like a semifinals. Highest vote counts continue on to the finals. Finals would consist of 5-10 entrants max on a vote and we’ll see which one wins (10 is option limit on poll so if the contestant numbers are still high we'll go with 10).

It would be helpful to the entrant by having a little caption of where the shot was taken. Another thing to consider would be to make it a higher quality picture (cell phone pics suck).

What are you voting on? The overall picture and how well it relates to the theme of the month, picture quality, uniqueness of the shot, how well the jeep is framed in the foreground or beauty of the background. Which of the pictures posted by the entrants just 'makes it for you' as the symbol of our group on the Facebook home page. There are a lot of factors but we wanted to allow you guys to determine the best picture of the month.

I really don't want to make a huge list of rules that sort this out, but as they are generated, I'll update this post with whatever rules need to be imposed.
Rules:
1. Picture must be of the entrant's jeep.
2. Picture must comply with the theme of the month. Those that don't comply will be disqualified.
3. Winners in the calendar year are disqualified from entering again in the same calendar year. We'd like to spread the wins out, which I'm sure you'll understand.
4. One submission post of one picture only per month please.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by tiltz; 09-04-2014 at 02:25 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old 09-07-2014, 06:41 PM
Granite Guru

Best "mall" crawling I could do. There is a mall about 100yds from here if that counts for anything. LOL.
Name:  IMG_0714.JPG
Views: 782
Size:  296.5 KB
post #3 of 28 Old 09-07-2014, 07:40 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

And one at the yogurt place at the strip "mall" with the kids for good measure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 Old 09-09-2014, 11:22 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Bump!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 28 Old 09-11-2014, 01:16 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

I'll play even though I never win these things lol.
Attached Images

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #6 of 28 Old 09-11-2014, 02:32 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeper2008 View Post
Best "mall" crawling I could do. There is a mall about 100yds from here if that counts for anything. LOL.
Attachment 169946
Not fair! We don't all have snow for posing!

I vote for jeeper2008.

2014 JK Sport, auto, 35x12.5x17, 3.73s.

I jeep therefore I am.

Last edited by 14Sport; 09-11-2014 at 03:03 PM.
post #7 of 28 Old 09-11-2014, 02:36 PM
Granite Guru

Bad quality, but it's my only one.

post #8 of 28 Old 09-11-2014, 08:16 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Sport View Post
Not fair! We don't all have snow for posing!

I vote for jeeper2008.

Haha. My bad. I'll try to play fair...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #9 of 28 Old 09-11-2014, 08:17 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarK_Reaper View Post
Bad quality, but it's my only one.

I want to give that car crushing a try sometime.

post #10 of 28 Old 09-12-2014, 06:13 AM
Granite Guru

Don't. It ruins your tires. This was my first and only time.
post #11 of 28 Old 09-13-2014, 08:58 AM
JKO Addict!

Sure my rig has seen the trail, but I wheel it like a soccer mom looking for a parking spot at Nordstroms.
post #12 of 28 Old 09-13-2014, 06:39 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarK_Reaper View Post
Don't. It ruins your tires. This was my first and only time.

Thanks for the heads up.

post #13 of 28 Old 09-15-2014, 10:28 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
re: September Ride of the Month Submission Thread

At the covered , strip-mall parking garage where I get my haircut. I had my dream where Cheap Trick was playing at the colluseum and told me that they wanted me to help them off-road ( Zander) and they needed a "Jeep Truck" for thier "Live at Budokan recording.." to which I awoke and ordered this......cause it was in my dream!
Anyway, I have a mall crawl photo of the shiny bits and also crawling near a defunct mall outside Nashville, Tn where I live.....lotsa nice JKs in here!

this past weekend ....I broke my rear a bit and mostly my front....Balljoint blew finally, bent the OEM drag link and snapped an el cheapo GearPro off at said dead-mall ( urban , secret spot) ....

post #14 of 28 Old 09-15-2014, 10:34 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
re: September Ride of the Month Submission Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbs2008JK View Post
AGREE!
man, that is one handsome bit-of work. Nice Jeep, DOOKEY....

post #15 of 28 Old 09-16-2014, 02:19 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Holy ridiculous and unnecessary cluster-fuck of a thread, Batman!!

Lets just get dmhines in here with the fork-wagon pic and we might as well shut this one down.

Okay...

* Dookey... Not a JK. That pic is out.
* Robbs2008JK... Yes... cool rig, but no need to post it again.
* JKCTAZ... I'll pick the one that I think is best.
* j3ff3ry_j33p... Near a mall isn't the theme. I'll narrow it down to the only one that MIGHT actually be considered a mall-crawling pic... sigh.
* gnarlyswine... Kids sell votes. So that's my pick.

I'm really not necessarily a dick. I could have a lot more easily deleted all these replies. Any mod or admin would have supported that since it's a matter of reading and abiding to the RULES... but I would rather at least give people a chance to stay in it to win it.

For any future posters:

* A JK or JKU ONLY!
* ONE PICTURE!
* AT AN ACTUAL MALL OR PARKING LOT!

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #16 of 28 Old 09-16-2014, 02:51 AM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Yeah, I didn't notice the one picture rule, are some of those new?

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
post #17 of 28 Old 09-16-2014, 08:04 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

It's kind of a given. The contest would wind up WAY too confusing and difficult to manage if we all had multiple opportunities between picture a/ b/ c/ d/ etc/ etc. Participants need to choose one picture, submit it, and then wait for the voting to begin.

Really it's no big deal in terms of me having to clean it up. I think that every month we have someone that posts something that doesn't meet the guidelines lol. I'm just trying to keep it fair and save some headache for the OP who has so graciously volunteered their time and efforts to keep this contest alive.

BTW if anyone would rather use a different picture than the one's I chose to keep, then just post-up again with the final choice and we can delete the other pic. I chose the pics that met the criteria and that I felt was the best, coolest, etc.

Thanks guys.

post #18 of 28 Old 09-16-2014, 08:06 AM
WINNAR!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ff3ry_j33p View Post
man, that is one handsome bit-of work. Nice Jeep, DOOKEY....
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
You, however, need to get your shit together.

Andy

post #19 of 28 Old 09-16-2014, 08:09 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOKEY View Post
Thank you.

You, however, need to get your shit together.
haha. I'm actually just so damn jealous of that Jeep. I followed the entire build on Pirate... absolutely sick.

post #20 of 28 Old 09-16-2014, 09:20 AM
Rock God

Poker run in 2013. The mall security guy came over as we finished. He gave us coupons and did not complain about us playing on the sand pile. Gotta love Alabama.
Attached Images

I have jeeps. I do shit to them.
post #21 of 28 Old 09-16-2014, 10:04 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Talking

Quote:
Holy ridiculous and unnecessary cluster-fuck of a thread, Batman!!

Lets just get dmhines in here with the fork-wagon pic and we might as well shut this one down.

Okay...

* Robbs2008JK... Yes... cool rig, but no need to post it again.
* JKCTAZ... I'll pick the one that I think is best.
* j3ff3ry_j33p... Near a mall isn't the theme. I'll narrow it down to the only one that MIGHT actually be considered a mall-crawling pic... sigh.
* gnarlyswine... Kids sell votes. So that's my pick.

I'm really not necessarily a dick. I could have a lot more easily deleted all these replies. Any mod or admin would have supported that since it's a matter of reading and abiding to the RULES... but I would rather at least give people a chance to stay in it to win it.

For any future posters:

* A JK or JKU ONLY!
* ONE PICTURE!
* AT AN ACTUAL MALL OR PARKING LOT!
srry, StubeX...it was mall property on last two.....but that little frontal shot was all i had for the parking deck of a different strip-mall.....is it ok if i don't wanna win this months?

post #22 of 28 Old 09-16-2014, 10:12 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ff3ry_j33p View Post
srry, StubeX...it was mall property on last two.....but that little frontal shot was all i had for the parking deck of a different strip-mall.....is it ok if i don't wanna win this months?
I didn't want to delete or change anything. I wish things could just be understood and accepted on here. Mall property is a serious stretch since anyone could take a cool off-road pic and say that "they're building a Target and a Best Buy just a few yards away" lol. but if you still want to submit one of the other pics then I don't care at this point. Please though... Just one pic. Without that criteria, this contest would just be too hard for the organizer to manage.

I like bgall's pic... obviously a mall atmosphere but finding anything possible to crawl-up on lol.

post #23 of 28 Old 09-18-2014, 05:22 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
I didn't want to delete or change anything. I wish things could just be understood and accepted on here. Mall property is a serious stretch since anyone could take a cool off-road pic and say that "they're building a Target and a Best Buy just a few yards away" lol. but if you still want to submit one of the other pics then I don't care at this point. Please though... Just one pic. Without that criteria, this contest would just be too hard for the organizer to manage.

I like bgall's pic... obviously a mall atmosphere but finding anything possible to crawl-up on lol.
for you, Stubzy, I am gonna go this afternoon and get a great shot at said defunct mall. No prob man...i knw what the frustration of order following must be like. All is well.....

post #24 of 28 Old 09-19-2014, 10:31 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarlyswine View Post
My heeps grown up a bit since the pic but this was trying to flex a bit at the rear of a stripmall, on a loading dock.

And the second one is after it sprouted new rubber and my kid is trying to be james dean.

*I apologize for not reading the rules about 1 picture.
I am a tard.
Pink Netting FTW!!!
post #25 of 28 Old 09-19-2014, 10:58 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy View Post
Pink Netting FTW!!!

Unspoilt by progress.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode