Ride of the Month - July 2014 Submission Thread - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 07-02-2014, 09:31 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Ride of the Month - July 2014 Submission Thread

Ride of the month submission time!
Per the new format change announcement:
https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87432

I'm looking for the best picture for July ROTM!
This month's theme is: Getting a little crazy..

Here's a couple from the interwebz

But, don't hold back - be creative, take a great picture of you getting a little crazy, whether its in the rocks, mud or at the mall. Post it up to enter! I'll close the submission thread on Sunday July 20th and set up the voting. Sorry, but one entrant per person, please. If you post more than one picture, I'll randomly select one of them to run in the contest.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
We’re looking for the best member’s pictures for that month. The winning picture will have the place of honor on the JKOwners Facebook page. We’ve eliminated the multiple classes. There is only one. We don’t care what’s on the Jeep (or how much $ they’ve spent or sweat they’ve put into it).
The criteria will be simple. Each month we’ll have a theme unannounced until entry time. Entrants will post up their submitted picture for ROTM. We anticipate quite a few submissions each month. We’ll run an initial vote to narrow the field a bit kind of like a semifinals. Highest vote counts continue on to the finals. Finals would consist of 5-10 entrants max on a vote and we’ll see which one wins (10 is option limit on poll so if the contestant numbers are still high we'll go with 10).

It would be helpful to the entrant by having a little caption of where the shot was taken. Another thing to consider would be to make it a higher quality picture (cell phone pics suck).

What are you voting on? The overall picture and how well it relates to the theme of the month, picture quality, uniqueness of the shot, how well the jeep is framed in the foreground or beauty of the background. Which of the pictures posted by the entrants just 'makes it for you' as the symbol of our group on the Facebook home page. There are a lot of factors but we wanted to allow you guys to determine the best picture of the month.

I really don't want to make a huge list of rules that sort this out, but as they are generated, I'll update this post with whatever rules need to be imposed.
Rules:
1. Picture must be of the entrant's jeep.
2. Picture must comply with the theme of the month. Those that don't comply will be disqualified.
3. Winners in the calendar year are disqualified from entering again in the same calendar year. We'd like to spread the wins out, which I'm sure you'll understand.
4. One submission post of one picture only per month please.

Thanks Apt for doing this! The baton has been passed to myself and Hoggstatus moving forward.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by tiltz; 07-02-2014 at 09:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 07-06-2014, 10:50 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Bump

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 17 Old 07-08-2014, 10:20 AM
Rock God

I know it's highly subjective as to what's "crazy" but I got nothing for this one... :/

2012 Silver JKU Rubicon
5 speed auto, 4.10s

For all your protection needs:

M101 trailer, RTT, Awning, etc
5 wide Little Guy Rough Rider Teardrop
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 Old 07-08-2014, 11:14 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I will try this one...
cause my little cat is... "CRAZY"... for sure
just sitting in the yard.
Attached Images

How I LEARNED TO STOP GIVING A SHIT AND LOVE MINDLESS SELF INDULGENCE

Itís time to reevaluate the way we coddle the future generation. Making mistakes and getting hurt is how you grow. Teaching kids to fear Pop Tarts is how you promote xenophobia. Letís get it together, America.
post #5 of 17 Old 07-10-2014, 12:49 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Bump for submission. This was a pretty broad category... just post a cool picture of your Jeep.

100 GC from Metal Cloak and possibly another prize from a different vendor to the member with the most votes.

Last edited by tiltz; 07-10-2014 at 12:51 PM.
post #6 of 17 Old 07-10-2014, 02:43 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiltz View Post
Bump for submission. This was a pretty broad category... just post a cool picture of your Jeep.

100 GC from Metal Cloak and possibly another prize from a different vendor to the member with the most votes.

well with that in mind, I'll post my "F Yo Mallcrawler" pic

post #7 of 17 Old 07-10-2014, 04:47 PM
Rock God

damn i have a video of my last JK getting airborne. ill have to see if i can get a pic out of it.

2014 JKU Rubicon, 2007 Superbee #692/1000, BMC Hooligan (my chopper yea it's a Rigid)
"There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don't care who gets the credit."
- Ronald Reagan 40th President of the United States (1981-1989)
post #8 of 17 Old 07-10-2014, 07:53 PM
Granite Guru

Here is my wanna be cool picture. First time out on the 40's
post #9 of 17 Old 07-10-2014, 08:46 PM
JKO Addict!

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
post #10 of 17 Old 07-10-2014, 11:35 PM
Granite Guru

The kids thought I was crazy when the water was coming in the Jeep!
post #11 of 17 Old 07-11-2014, 01:18 AM
JKO Addict!

Really cool pics from everyone.
post #12 of 17 Old 07-11-2014, 08:26 PM
Rock God

Garage

Ok. I don't normally hit the deep stuff like this. I don't have a periscope like most of those u-boat commanders. But on this day I just couldn't resist. Expression of horror on my dear daughter's face is just priceless.

I'm a JKO Reject
post #13 of 17 Old 07-12-2014, 08:31 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumpInTheRoad View Post
Ok. I don't normally hit the deep stuff like this. I don't have a periscope like most of those u-boat commanders. But on this day I just couldn't resist. Expression of horror on my dear daughter's face is just priceless.

"Um Dad are you sure this is ok?" Hahaha!! Looks fun and great pic!

"CUTTS CREW"
"08 2 Door X-Fox Coilovers-Custom MC ended Long Arm w/ 8" Rear Stretch-40" ProComp MT2-ProRock 44 Unlimited-ARB Front/Rear Locker-5.13's-Custom VKS Rock Rails-Chopped Fenders-ARB Compressor-Overkill Corners Customized-PSC Hood Louver-PSC BFH Trail Stinger
post #14 of 17 Old 07-17-2014, 11:10 PM
Granite Guru

post #15 of 17 Old 07-18-2014, 08:28 PM
Rock God

here is my submission finally figured out how to get a pic of the event. I also added the video of it for those who wanted to watch.

Flying JK.MPG - YouTube

Here is the story. My wife was getting hi-centered on the obstacle. I told her give it a little gas and push over it. she kept getting stuck. So I say " let me show you how to do it. " Well I didn't realize I was going as fast as I was.

JK took it no problem only thing damage wise was a cracked windshield. Drove this for 4 more years never had any issues. So here is proof 4 door JEEPS can take it and hang.

2014 JKU Rubicon, 2007 Superbee #692/1000, BMC Hooligan (my chopper yea it's a Rigid)
"There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don't care who gets the credit."
- Ronald Reagan 40th President of the United States (1981-1989)
post #16 of 17 Old 07-19-2014, 11:27 PM
Rock God

Going up soup bowl on the rubicon

My build

post #17 of 17 Old 07-20-2014, 12:20 AM
Granite Guru

Here is my other Jeep

Last edited by dahreno; 07-20-2014 at 12:25 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode