Ride of the Month November '13 - Submission time - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 Old 11-15-2013, 04:56 AM Thread Starter
Apt
I Put the FU in FUN

Garage
Ride of the Month November '13 - Submission time

Ride of the Month - November '13 Submission Thread
Ride of the month submission time!
Per the new format change announcement:
https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87432

I'm looking for the best picture for November's ROTM!
This month's theme is: Rocks! Again!
We got a lot of interest last month for the theme, and I'm sure we'll get some more.
here's a random picture off the Interwebz to illustrate the point.

But, don't hold back - be creative, take a great picture that has your jeep on the rocks in it somehow and post it up to enter! I'll close the submission thread on Sunday November 24th and set up the voting. Sorry, but one entrant per person, please.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
We’re looking for the best member’s pictures for that month. The winning picture will have the place of honor on the JKOwners Facebook page. We’ve eliminated the multiple classes. There is only one. We don’t care what’s on the Jeep (or how much $ they’ve spent or sweat they’ve put into it).
The criteria will be simple. Each month we’ll have a theme unannounced until entry time. Entrants will post up their submitted picture for ROTM. We anticipate quite a few submissions each month. We’ll run an initial vote to narrow the field a bit kind of like a semifinals. Highest vote counts continue on to the finals. Finals would consist of 5-10 entrants max on a vote and we’ll see which one wins (10 is option limit on poll so if the contestant numbers are still high we'll go with 10).

It would be helpful to the entrant by having a little caption of where the shot was taken. Another thing to consider would be to make it a higher quality picture (cell phone pics suck).

What are you voting on? The overall picture and how well it relates to the theme of the month, picture quality, uniqueness of the shot, how well the jeep is framed in the foreground or beauty of the background. Which of the pictures posted by the entrants just 'makes it for you' as the symbol of our group on the Facebook home page. There are a lot of factors but we wanted to allow you guys to determine the best picture of the month.

I really don't want to make a huge list of rules that sort this out, but as they are generated, I'll update this post with whatever rules need to be imposed.
Rules:
1. Picture must be of the entrant's jeep.
2. Picture must comply with the theme of the month. Those that don't comply will be disqualified.
3. Winners in the calendar year are disqualified from entering again in the same calendar year. We'd like to spread the wins out, which I'm sure you'll understand.
4. One submission post of one picture only per month please.

I hope you guys have a lot of fun with this new format.
Cheers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 11-15-2013, 06:01 AM
Rock God

Rocks rocks rocks.

Love the chrome!

post #3 of 25 Old 11-17-2013, 08:20 PM
Rock God

I'll play ... take 2!
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 Old 11-17-2013, 08:53 PM
It never ends...

Coming down Patriot, A-Hole obstacle.
Name:  ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1384746827.358280.jpg
Views: 1736
Size:  115.4 KB

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

I love Wheeling, it frees the mind
T-REX
Meet Rex Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Adventures of Rex Thread:
post #5 of 25 Old 11-17-2013, 08:56 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftHandRubi View Post
Aaaaaaaaaaannnnd we have a winner. Amazing pic man!

post #6 of 25 Old 11-18-2013, 02:44 AM
Granite Guru

Belly sliding a vertical rock drop
post #7 of 25 Old 11-18-2013, 09:19 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftHandRubi View Post
I am not going to even submit now

post #8 of 25 Old 11-18-2013, 10:12 AM
Granite Guru

Name:  999668_271564586320546_1341798398_n.jpg
Views: 1014
Size:  123.1 KB

Here is one from Rausch Creek.

I like Jeeps
post #9 of 25 Old 11-18-2013, 12:42 PM
Granite Guru

John Bull running west to east
post #10 of 25 Old 11-18-2013, 01:54 PM
JKO Addict!

"Firehole" obstacle, Woodpecker Trail, Florence Arizona on the way to "Highway to Hell". This weekend! Pucker factor maybe 7-8. Our stock 44 wheelbase is just able to catch both sides and these rocks are slippery. Sadly, this trail has been ruined since the last time we ran it. A mine claim has moved in and taken it over, more or less making it a super highway leaving only a couple obstacles remaining
Attached Images

Originally Posted by van7559
I can bury my pinky in the rear, and just barley feel it, the front is a little easier, but still seems low to me!

I fist fuck life with a nuclear powered pneumatic fuck hammer for 60, 70 hrs a week...
post #11 of 25 Old 11-18-2013, 02:26 PM
It never ends...

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M's View Post
"Firehole" obstacle, Woodpecker Trail, Florence Arizona on the way to "Highway to Hell".
Nice!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

I love Wheeling, it frees the mind
T-REX
Meet Rex Thread:
Adventures of Rex Thread:
post #12 of 25 Old 11-18-2013, 03:36 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Might as well toss a pic into the running... even though it's not gonna matter. We seriously need some rocks on the East Coast.

More Rausch Creek. Another angle of Yellow Jacket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Killing kids is a disgrace, i don't care how little they are.

post #13 of 25 Old 11-18-2013, 04:17 PM
Rock God

Old picture, but still on of my Favs

post #14 of 25 Old 11-18-2013, 04:21 PM
Rock God

I love yellow jacket, theres just no good way to get a picture of someone on it! First time I made it up, I straight up wheelied it. No need for 4wheel drive when only 2 are on the ground! Love that spot
post #15 of 25 Old 11-18-2013, 04:53 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneck View Post
I love yellow jacket, theres just no good way to get a picture of someone on it! First time I made it up, I straight up wheelied it. No need for 4wheel drive when only 2 are on the ground! Love that spot
Yep, I love that spot, too. I can get guys through on 33's, but even on 41's it still takes some thought.

Quote:

post #16 of 25 Old 11-18-2013, 08:13 PM
Rock God

Upper Helldorado
Easter Jeep Safari 2013
Crawl Magazine Readers Ride

This was right after I flopped it on its side with the rear quarter panel taking the hit and catching on the rock shown under the passenger rear tire.

post #17 of 25 Old 11-18-2013, 08:38 PM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to DiscoBayJoe

2008 JKUR 3.5" Frankenlift : RK/Artec/Synergy/Reid/Currie/PSC - Spyder'd Out - 35" MTR/K's on Spyderlocks - BinksFab Tailgate
post #18 of 25 Old 11-19-2013, 08:25 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Hell's Revenge: A picture after driving my Jeep 34 hours and 2,100 miles from Central Florida to Moab. Wheeled for 8 days then made the long haul back home.

2010 JK
2.5" RK, 4.56 gears, Detriot Trutracs F/R, Or-Fab front cage, Synergy rear cage, Mastercraft Baja RS seats, and a ton of other mods!
post #19 of 25 Old 11-21-2013, 08:15 AM
Granite Guru

Some great entries this month.

I like Jeeps
post #20 of 25 Old 11-22-2013, 06:44 AM
Granite Guru

When up a 10 foot rock ledge in azusa canyon.
http://

Mine :Build 2008 Rubicon unlimited black on black

Wife's :2014 All white Rubicon unlimited (mall crawler)

Last edited by manuel; 11-22-2013 at 07:06 AM.
post #21 of 25 Old 11-22-2013, 06:46 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCFJEPP View Post
Hell's Revenge: A picture after driving my Jeep 34 hours and 2,100 miles from Central Florida to Moab. Wheeled for 8 days then made the long haul back home.

That looks like the spot where I nearly rolled the Commander when I had it out there. Was that near the end?

Quote:

post #22 of 25 Old 11-22-2013, 09:56 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeperjkj View Post
That looks like the spot where I nearly rolled the Commander when I had it out there. Was that near the end?
Sure was. That ledge came out of nowhere and caused some sketchy moments for me and one other. It looked a lot easier then it actually was.

2010 JK
2.5" RK, 4.56 gears, Detriot Trutracs F/R, Or-Fab front cage, Synergy rear cage, Mastercraft Baja RS seats, and a ton of other mods!

Last edited by Eclipseoffroad; 11-22-2013 at 10:00 AM.
post #23 of 25 Old 11-24-2013, 06:41 PM
Granite Guru

Taken in Moab on Cliffhanger on a beautiful day in September. First outing with the 60/80 and 40's.
Attached Images

Last edited by BigJk; 11-24-2013 at 06:43 PM.
post #24 of 25 Old 11-24-2013, 09:10 PM Thread Starter
Apt
I Put the FU in FUN

Garage

Entries closed. I'll put the vote thread together tomorrow

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #25 of 25 Old 12-01-2013, 02:00 AM
TJT
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apt View Post
Ride of the Month - November '13 Submission Thread
Ride of the month submission time!
Per the new format change announcement:
https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87432

I'm looking for the best picture for November's ROTM!
This month's theme is: Rocks! Again!
We got a lot of interest last month for the theme, and I'm sure we'll get some more.
here's a random picture off the Interwebz to illustrate the point.

But, don't hold back - be creative, take a great picture that has your jeep on the rocks in it somehow and post it up to enter! I'll close the submission thread on Sunday November 24th and set up the voting. Sorry, but one entrant per person, please.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
We’re looking for the best member’s pictures for that month. The winning picture will have the place of honor on the JKOwners Facebook page. We’ve eliminated the multiple classes. There is only one. We don’t care what’s on the Jeep (or how much $ they’ve spent or sweat they’ve put into it).
The criteria will be simple. Each month we’ll have a theme unannounced until entry time. Entrants will post up their submitted picture for ROTM. We anticipate quite a few submissions each month. We’ll run an initial vote to narrow the field a bit kind of like a semifinals. Highest vote counts continue on to the finals. Finals would consist of 5-10 entrants max on a vote and we’ll see which one wins (10 is option limit on poll so if the contestant numbers are still high we'll go with 10).

It would be helpful to the entrant by having a little caption of where the shot was taken. Another thing to consider would be to make it a higher quality picture (cell phone pics suck).

What are you voting on? The overall picture and how well it relates to the theme of the month, picture quality, uniqueness of the shot, how well the jeep is framed in the foreground or beauty of the background. Which of the pictures posted by the entrants just 'makes it for you' as the symbol of our group on the Facebook home page. There are a lot of factors but we wanted to allow you guys to determine the best picture of the month.

I really don't want to make a huge list of rules that sort this out, but as they are generated, I'll update this post with whatever rules need to be imposed.
Rules:
1. Picture must be of the entrant's jeep.
2. Picture must comply with the theme of the month. Those that don't comply will be disqualified.
3. Winners in the calendar year are disqualified from entering again in the same calendar year. We'd like to spread the wins out, which I'm sure you'll understand.
4. One submission post of one picture only per month please.

I hope you guys have a lot of fun with this new format.
Cheers.
Holy hell. That's me!

Complete bullshit that they photoshopped the RUBICON decal off the hood so they could use this pic in their "You don't need a rubicon" article..

Lots of changes since then.
Name:  ImageUploadedByAG Free1385888418.882209.jpg
Views: 428
Size:  105.9 KB

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Last edited by TJT; 12-01-2013 at 02:10 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode