Adrenalin Campers - Perfect for Jeep Owners - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 06-27-2012, 10:54 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Adrenalin Campers - Perfect for Jeep Owners

Just bought a pop up camper to pull behind the JK that is absolutely awesome.
It only weighs 1500 lbs empty. It's made of solid, welded aluminum and opens up to an incredible 16' x 24'. If you don't need the extra size, you can set it up to 16' by 16' a or just the single center section with a queen bed in the 8' x 16' size. it has a water tank, sink and stove. Sets up in under ten minutes. Three minutes for just the single two person size. Air ride independent suspension and a treg style hitch. Pulls like a dream behind the JK. Here is the link to their site. I will post more pics when we get it out on serious trail excursions. Up until now they were only available in Australia, but they now have a manufacturing facility here in the US in Montrose, Colorado. Here is a couple of links to their information. FYI, the camper they show in the test video is the one I bought from them....It's being pulled behind a Ford Raptor on a pretty intense test track, you have to see this to believe it.

Adrenalin Campers USA Goes Testing - YouTube
http://www.adrenalincampers.com/

You can also check out more pics on FaceBook and see some pics of My JK with it.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Adrena...78203392238835

[ATTACH]Attachment 52808[/ATTACH]

Last edited by Battlement; 07-17-2012 at 09:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 06-27-2012, 11:19 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Here is a pic of it with my Can AM parked on top just for fun. The Can Am would be too top heavy to carry on it. a regular size ATV no problem....but you get the idea of how sturdy this thing is for camping or back country trail camping.
Name:  JK with Adrenalin and Comander.jpg
Views: 15835
Size:  169.3 KB
post #3 of 21 Old 06-28-2012, 07:24 AM
Wheeler

Damn! they are beating on that Raptor and Trailer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 Old 06-28-2012, 07:43 AM
Rock God

Garage

$17,500 could get you a lot of tents.... And a Jeep to boot.

2008 JKU Rubicon. 2.5" Rock Krawler Stock Mod lift, 35x12.50x15 Cooper STT's on Pro-Comp D-windows, 5:13 gears, Uconnect Microphone mod, Husky Floor Liners, Mastercraft Grab Handles, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, Hitch mounted D-Ring, Rancho Oil Pan Skid, Skid Row Evap Can Skid, and a Rugged Ridge Front Skid. Solid Diff Covers front and rear. Rock Slide Engineering Sliders.
post #5 of 21 Old 06-28-2012, 01:50 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

$17,500. Ummm, yeah.....I don't think so.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

☠ ☠ Don't let fear and common sense stop ya. ☣ ☣
post #6 of 21 Old 06-30-2012, 06:30 PM
JKO Addict!

Adrenaline spelled wrong, invisible yellow star(maybe?) And more than I paid for my JK new?

All adds up to nottafuckinchance.
post #7 of 21 Old 07-17-2012, 09:48 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Name:  Adrenalin at 10,000 ft. small.jpg
Views: 7573
Size:  289.1 KB
They actually start out at around 12k. Like anything else you can add stuff to it until the cows come home. We took a look at several of the pop ups capable of pulling behind the JK, and hauling the can am. Anywhere from 13k to 19k, and none were built to this level and none opened up to 16' x 24'.

We took it out over the weekend, found a nice meadow at 10,000 ft and rode and jeeped for two days. We love it.

It is by the way, manufactured in the US. In Montrose, Colorado about 180 miles from me. Entirely welded, and the basic model only weighs in at about 15,000 lbs.

The fully articulating tregg hitch is incredible for pulling it down trails, you don't feel hardly any pull from the trailer when crossing ruts or going through water bars over rocks etc. like you do with other trailers. No popping whipping and banging. The ten inch electric brakes are also great on the steeper stuff. The Firestone Ride Rite Air bag independent suspension is also real nice.

Last edited by Battlement; 07-17-2012 at 10:12 PM.
post #8 of 21 Old 07-17-2012, 09:58 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #9 of 21 Old 07-19-2012, 03:13 PM
Rock God

Garage

Super cool trailer, but damn do I feel like I'm watching an infomercial.

post #10 of 21 Old 07-19-2012, 03:29 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I've also heard good things about these:

http://www.tentrax.com/

Info:

|
post #11 of 21 Old 07-19-2012, 04:38 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SulVento View Post
Super cool trailer, but damn do I feel like I'm watching an infomercial.

Just excited about the thing, thought it was something somebody else might be looking for, thought I'd share, I'll shut up...

post #12 of 21 Old 07-19-2012, 04:54 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fnord5 View Post
Adrenaline spelled wrong, invisible yellow star(maybe?) And more than I paid for my JK new?

All adds up to nottafuckinchance.
I thought your invisible yellow star comment and the way they spelled Adrenalin was making reference to it being made in China. That's why I posted again it was made in the US. Somebody else pointed out to me what a yellow star means on this site.... No, I'm not the guy who built it nor do I have anything to do with them, and Adrenalin can be spelled both ways according to the dictionary,,,, No idea why they chose to spell it that way.
post #13 of 21 Old 07-19-2012, 07:24 PM
Rock God

Garage

Sorry, I wouldn't pay $17K for that, not even $10k. It's a roof-top tent with the floor removed mounted to a box. Yea, the suspension is beefy to take that kind of abuse, but I don't anticipate ever pulling a trailer while competing in the Baja 500 or needing to escape a pack of mutant zombies tweaked-out on speed.

Attachment 53596

This cost me $500. I've already pulled it miles off-road on terrain not much different than the video above, though at much more reasonable speeds. I'll probably throw a grand or so into it on upgrades, including spring-over, shocks, bigger tires, and creature comforts.

I won't be able to fly over dunes at 80MPH dragging my pop-up, but I wouldn't do that even without the trailer. At night I can sleep on one bed, my daughter or son on the other, each with or without a companion, with room for all our food, clothing and gear stowed neatly inside.

I'm a JKO Reject

Last edited by BumpInTheRoad; 12-21-2014 at 09:29 PM.
post #14 of 21 Old 07-19-2012, 08:07 PM
Administrator

Garage

REALLY!!! I could have one just like that for $17000!?! I'm in!!

Wait, I just watched it again.. I was mistaken, it's $17500.00 I'm out.

meh. If I were the OP I would be showin that shit off too!! Definitely an ultra nice setup, but far out of the reach of most. Really far.

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #15 of 21 Old 08-14-2012, 10:11 PM
tzw

Haters gona hate.

That trailer is pretty bad ass.

Who made the front bumper on the jeep?
post #16 of 21 Old 08-16-2012, 08:01 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzw View Post
Haters gona hate.

That trailer is pretty bad ass.

Who made the front bumper on the jeep?
Rock Slide Engineering
post #17 of 21 Old 11-06-2012, 09:11 AM

It's pretty amazing the dichotomy of the reception this camper is getting here vs in the reviews I have posted in other forums. I own one as well and signed up to chime in a bit. I have 2 kids and wanted a camper that could go just about anywhere that my truck would go as well as be fully featured enough to keep everyone comfortable. We looked at several other campers and honestly just about everything out there is complete junk. The (insert Brand) "Off Road" popups do not hold up to long term use and abuse. I think the overriding viewpoint of the american consumer these days is how Much and how Big can I get for my money and not much thought is given to durability, build quality and the ability to hold value. It really depends on what you want out of the camper. I wanted to be able to camp anywhere with my family staying comfortable. I have 26 nights in my Adrenalin so far and have not had anything break. I added a propane heater and can camp comfortably down into the 20s.

I think if more people saw the camper in person and were able to see the functionality and utility, opinions would be different.

Reviews with lots of photos and video.
http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...iew-and-Review

Copy/Paste review just with different discussion.
http://forum.ih8mud.com/trailer-tech...ad-camper.html

Last edited by jonharis; 11-06-2012 at 09:14 AM.
post #18 of 21 Old 11-15-2012, 03:22 PM
Wheeler

I think this is a more realistic option for a lot of the people here.
http://www.jumpingjacktrailers.com/index.html
I want to get one of these to haul our dirtbikes back and forth.
post #19 of 21 Old 11-15-2012, 04:20 PM
Rock God

I liked it, till I saw the price

2015 JK Unlimited Anvil
SOLD -2009 JK Unlimited Rubicon Deep Water Blue
1987 YJ Stretched 60/14 40" LTB's
post #20 of 21 Old 11-28-2012, 09:29 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonharis View Post
It's pretty amazing the dichotomy of the reception this camper is getting here vs in the reviews I have posted in other forums. I own one as well and signed up to chime in a bit. I have 2 kids and wanted a camper that could go just about anywhere that my truck would go as well as be fully featured enough to keep everyone comfortable. We looked at several other campers and honestly just about everything out there is complete junk. The (insert Brand) "Off Road" popups do not hold up to long term use and abuse. I think the overriding viewpoint of the american consumer these days is how Much and how Big can I get for my money and not much thought is given to durability, build quality and the ability to hold value. It really depends on what you want out of the camper. I wanted to be able to camp anywhere with my family staying comfortable. I have 26 nights in my Adrenalin so far and have not had anything break. I added a propane heater and can camp comfortably down into the 20s.

I think if more people saw the camper in person and were able to see the functionality and utility, opinions would be different.

Reviews with lots of photos and video.
http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...iew-and-Review

Copy/Paste review just with different discussion.
http://forum.ih8mud.com/trailer-tech...ad-camper.html
Its 17k dude, most of us here are realistic. The trailier is sick, sure, but dudes on here built better ones for nothing compared to 17k. Ive been away from JKO for a while, and this thread is tame buy 2010 standards, just sayin.

Rock Krawler . Bilstein . BFG . HiLift . Aeroforce . BnM . Mobil1 . Mopar . Viair

Ragga Fucking Jungle
post #21 of 21 Old 11-29-2012, 05:08 PM
Wheeler

Camper 17,500$, time spent with family in the camper PRICELESS!!!!! Good luck with it .....

2011 jku,3.8, auto,red 4dr hardtop ,R/C 4" lift, 2.2 R/C shocks , R/C diff covers, Tuff T01 20x9 wheels, federal courage 35x 12.50x 20 tires !!!!! More to come..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode