Any sailers? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 02-13-2012, 10:30 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Any sailers?

Ive only been in a year but I cant stay off the water (when it's at least 50 degrees...)

Puget Sound is my home. Lots of waterways to explore.

That's Mount Rainier in the background btw.

Last edited by ColinG; 04-01-2012 at 10:20 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 02-13-2012, 10:33 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

And when its a bit warmer...

Last edited by ColinG; 04-01-2012 at 10:20 AM.
post #3 of 10 Old 02-15-2012, 10:27 AM
Rock God

Yup....currently I use my JK to tow my wwp15 and other assorted sailing/kayaking toys around the sw, grew up sailing 30'-60' sloops mostly out of Long Island.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 02-22-2012, 11:19 AM
Rock God

I have a Hobie F14 and a Hobie F16. They are not big boats but man are they fun and fast. We will don wetsuits and sail in colder weather down to mid 50's. I need to take them out more often.
I live on Long Island, NY and sail out of Heckshire state park.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 JKUR- 3 Inch Synergy Stage III Lift, PR44, 1310 Shafts, RROR Skids, 37" MTR's, Warn 9.5Ti, Bumpers, Sliders, OBA, Lights... bla bla bla
post #5 of 10 Old 02-22-2012, 12:53 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

I have a Pearson 26 and I sail it on a tributary of, and on the Chesapeake Bay near Annapolis, MD.

May be putting her on the market in the spring for an upgrade!

post #6 of 10 Old 03-07-2012, 03:40 PM

Red face Not a sailor but a lifelong boater...

Nice vessel Skipper - my next slip neighbor here in the marina has a 28' Catalina with a diesel - I've been out with him and his wife a few times and really enjoyed it.

My boat has just gotten more "bloated" over the years - my previous vessel was a 1970 43' Hatteras FDMY with twin DD 8V53Ns - she was a "bulldozer" of a vessel.

Although I'm new to the forum, I'll try to attach some of my new "lady" - I've had her for 2.5 years now and just cruised her from Annapolis, down the East Coast via the ICW, across the Okechobee in Florida, across the Gulf of Mexico from Tarpon Springs to Appalachicola in a small craft advisory with sustained eights, tens and twelve foot seas for 11 hours - AT NIGHT !!! Makes you damn proud of what you got beneath you

She is a 1989 52' Sea Ranger (an Ed Monk design) CPMY with twin Cummins 6B9TAs. She has not once let me down - and, although she is "thirsty" at hull speed (12 knots) - she can be downright economical at 7.5 knots - meaning a tad over 4 gallons per hour.

I hope these pictures come through - again - a nice vessel you have there skipper.

dcboater
Attached Images

post #7 of 10 Old 03-08-2012, 09:16 AM
Rock God

shweeet, nice woodwork. I'd never go home and the jeep might feel lonesome, dang, of course a pearson 26 is waaaay cool. Still love my potter.
post #8 of 10 Old 03-09-2012, 11:02 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcboater View Post
to Appalachicola in a small craft advisory with sustained eights, tens and twelve foot seas for 11 hours - AT NIGHT !!! Makes you damn proud of what you got beneath you
Uh... I'd be chumming for sure!

2008 JKUR- 3 Inch Synergy Stage III Lift, PR44, 1310 Shafts, RROR Skids, 37" MTR's, Warn 9.5Ti, Bumpers, Sliders, OBA, Lights... bla bla bla
post #9 of 10 Old 03-09-2012, 11:11 AM
Rock God

We had a 48 foot bay liner a few years ago. In board volvo diesel (400 hp) and twin mercruiser outboards. My dad got it suck on a sand bar and got rid of it. I miss that sucker. I already have a motorcycle and a jeep so ill be looking into buying a small boat to complete the money pit trifecta

sent via Morse code

check my site out

post #10 of 10 Old 10-06-2012, 02:26 PM
JKO Addict!

Worst part about a blow bote??? If it don't blow you don't boat.

Wife's cousin had a hobie, used to do regattas around key biscayne, one year the winds were non existant and it took almost 9 hours

Must have throttle

08 2 door (yes they made them) 3.5 RK lift, 35s lunchbox locked 30 front 44 LSD rear

Ocala Jeep Club CERT member. Nation's 1st jeep CERT team

Proud to be deplorable

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode