New addition to the Family...Mr. Lika and Hitmoney should approve! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 12-11-2010, 07:15 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage
New addition to the Family...Mr. Lika and Hitmoney should approve!

My family of bikes that is. Here are just a couple in the fleet...

1993 Klein Attitude, XTR gruppo except for titanium cassette, Ringle Hubs, seatpost, skewers, Titanium spokes, Mavic SLTi rims and Grafton cranks. Retired from trail duty and what I chase the kids on thses days..

I also have a 1995 Klein Mantra (the original, still made by Gary Klein) with full XTR gruppo. Don't have a great pic but you can see it in this picture on the right. Keep it at my parents (with my TJ) for when I visit.

My current trail ride, up until today, was my NRS with XT gruppo, Fox Talas fork and Easton Carbon Monkeylite bar. Has been a great bike and has seen trails all over the country.

Last weekend..

For the road, I have a TCR composite.

The latest addition, 2011 Giant Trance. Shop built it today and just need to add a few extra mods before I pick it up and hit the trails. Bike is very black and very blue, very badass!!

Here it is in action...
YouTube - GIANT TRANCE X

When I was checking it out I also picked myself up a new coaster bike...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-11-2010, 07:44 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Forgot about my Cannondale SOBE with the Lefty fork..
post #3 of 4 Old 12-11-2010, 07:54 PM
JKO Addict!

Sick collection. That original Klein is a collector's item and a potent machine I'll bet.

I have a Giant Rincon (nothing special but it has Spin wheels ) and had a Kestrel Talon SL for the road, which I sold. Long Island sucks for everything but spending money... I plan to turn the Giant into a single speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
OKAY FUCKMOUTH.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 12-11-2010, 10:32 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlgrav182 View Post
Sick collection. That original Klein is a collector's item and a potent machine I'll bet.
Thanks. Yeah, when I was running the Klein with a Rock Shox SL ti fork (weighed 2.8 lbs) it was one of the few front suspension bikes back in the day that was sub 20lbs with everything but a water bottle on it. Total pain in the ass to build because I had to send the fork to Texas to get it custom made for the irregular oversized Klein headset. Bike was great for climbing but sketchy as shit descending at speed.

When I stopped riding it on the trail I put the rigid fork back on to keep it authentic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode