Want to get a quality made tent - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 Old 08-12-2010, 03:30 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Want to get a quality made tent

Needs to sleep 4 plus room for other stuff

Here is one that I like but don't know if it would be to uncomfortable to sleep in. In the hotter months.

http://www.kodiakcanvas.com/10x14-ft...s-tent-deluxe/

RK 3.5 LIFT/RRD SHOCKS/FRONT CONTROL ARMS/DRAG LINK/TRACK BAR/REAR BRAKE HOSES/COOPER 295-75-17 STT JEEPERMAN FRONT BUMPER SUPERWINCH EPI9 JKS LOWER TRACK BAR BRACES/DISCONNECTS CRAGAR WHEELS SOFT 8 SYNERGY UPPER TRACK BAR BRACES RR SKID PLATES BENCHMARK DESIGNS EVAP SKID
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 Old 08-12-2010, 03:54 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

That's an awesome tent. I've never been in a tent in hot weather that ever felt comfortable. They are all hot in the summer months imo.

That one is certainly big enough that you could set a fan inside and run it off of an elec hook-up or generator.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #3 of 27 Old 08-14-2010, 09:23 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

dang 549 for a tent?

looks awesome though

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Everyone else can BLOW themselves cause im bad as FUCK!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 Old 08-15-2010, 08:07 AM
fnc
Rock God

My dad and my brother both have tents from these guys:

http://www.alaskatent.com/

They are very happy with them.

I have a Cabela's guide series tent that cost much less and I've been happy with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I can taste your meat from all the way up here.
post #5 of 27 Old 08-15-2010, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
That's an awesome tent. I've never been in a tent in hot weather that ever felt comfortable. They are all hot in the summer months imo.

That one is certainly big enough that you could set a fan inside and run it off of an elec hook-up or generator.

yea running a fan or two would probably work good

RK 3.5 LIFT/RRD SHOCKS/FRONT CONTROL ARMS/DRAG LINK/TRACK BAR/REAR BRAKE HOSES/COOPER 295-75-17 STT JEEPERMAN FRONT BUMPER SUPERWINCH EPI9 JKS LOWER TRACK BAR BRACES/DISCONNECTS CRAGAR WHEELS SOFT 8 SYNERGY UPPER TRACK BAR BRACES RR SKID PLATES BENCHMARK DESIGNS EVAP SKID
post #6 of 27 Old 08-15-2010, 05:47 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnc View Post
My dad and my brother both have tents from these guys:

http://www.alaskatent.com/

They are very happy with them.

I have a Cabela's guide series tent that cost much less and I've been happy with it.

Those look like they are made very well. Does he use it in just cold weather? or is it comfortable in spring and summer time also?

post #7 of 27 Old 08-15-2010, 05:52 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

After searching for information on many different kinds of tents and their quality I most likely will go with one of the canvas tents.

But in my search for all this information I found it not easy finding everything in one place about tents. So I decided to make my own forum to help others seeking information about tents. If any of you have a tent and would like to share any information about the tent you have or had please check out my simple forum

www.tentforum.com

post #8 of 27 Old 08-16-2010, 12:43 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

very cool ill join up and put some pics up some time later

post #9 of 27 Old 08-16-2010, 12:46 PM
Banned

post #10 of 27 Old 08-16-2010, 03:53 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by karnuvore View Post
does it come with A/C?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Dan View Post
A Jeep just zipped past my house and I could swear I heard the driver yellin:

"The tkob is coming!! The tkob is coming!!"
post #11 of 27 Old 08-16-2010, 06:43 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by karnuvore View Post
Wow that thing is nice. I was going say we use an easy up over our tent when there is no shade available to keep the temps down, but that tent already has on built in. Very nice.
post #12 of 27 Old 08-16-2010, 07:07 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeatenPath View Post
dang 549 for a tent?

looks awesome though
Heard that. Coleman makes a pretty good tent. And they aint no $500 bones

Quote:
zjr- I'm not that horny, but I have been known to salivate over your meat.
post #13 of 27 Old 08-16-2010, 07:20 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrock View Post
Heard that. Coleman makes a pretty good tent. And they aint no $500 bones
haha yea i got a 3 man tent it compresses down small enough to fit in the storage cubby.

when you say canvas do you what ppl paint on dont you? wouldnt that be kind of hot inside?

post #14 of 27 Old 08-17-2010, 12:57 PM
fnc
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUDY850 View Post
Those look like they are made very well. Does he use it in just cold weather? or is it comfortable in spring and summer time also?
Dad uses his year round, however it doesn't exactly get "hot" in the summer in Alaska. If it hits 70F people freak out about the "heat wave".

Dad does have a wood burning stove for his which he claims keeps it nice in warm in -20F weather which, for some reason, he sometimes camps in.

Quote:
I can taste your meat from all the way up here.
post #15 of 27 Old 08-17-2010, 01:19 PM
Rock God

Curious, what's the draw to canvas tents?

Mike 2010 Rubicon 2DR | RK 3.5 X FACTOR MID ARM | ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
post #16 of 27 Old 08-18-2010, 10:22 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiZealot View Post

For me. Just like when I get something for my JK I look for the best made most durable

The Kodiak tents are copy's of springbar tents but cost less and maybe made better

I have added some reviews that I got from various places

http://www.tentforum.com/showthread.php?t=6

post #17 of 27 Old 08-19-2010, 05:11 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiZealot View Post
Sleep in an outfitter tent with a potbelly stove once and you will never camp any other way when its cold. They make for one hell of a deer camp in the rockies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
This is one reason I have a strict policy of not eating anything out of another dudes butt. Flick it with my tongue? Sure. Run my tongue around the rim? Depends. Dart my tongue in for a brief second? Maybe. Eat something out of it? No fuckin' way!
If you want to know whats on it check my
post #18 of 27 Old 08-20-2010, 12:00 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by knyland View Post
Sleep in an outfitter tent with a potbelly stove once and you will never camp any other way when its cold. They make for one hell of a deer camp in the rockies.
Personally I prefer a quality Tipis over an outfitter tent. They can be a PITA to haul around but for long term camping especially cold weather, I say a properly set up tipi with a nice bear or buffalo hide to lay on is the way to go. They just aren't cheap!

/

post #19 of 27 Old 08-22-2010, 08:21 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

alright you got me there. i wold take the tipis over the outfitter tent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
This is one reason I have a strict policy of not eating anything out of another dudes butt. Flick it with my tongue? Sure. Run my tongue around the rim? Depends. Dart my tongue in for a brief second? Maybe. Eat something out of it? No fuckin' way!
If you want to know whats on it check my
post #20 of 27 Old 10-02-2010, 09:50 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Ended up getting a springbar tent

Got it the other day and set it up today

pics here http://www.tentforum.com/showthread.php?t=46

post #21 of 27 Old 10-03-2010, 06:29 AM
Heat'n and a beat'n...

I prefer a high quality igloo for both summer and winter camping. It sucks in the hot weather and you have to haul around a huge refrigerator, but they are awesome. I would have pictures, but when i was trying to snap them, the igloo was melting and go my camera wet.

corey d

corey d
2008 JEEP...
post #22 of 27 Old 10-03-2010, 07:58 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by STUPIDFACE View Post
I prefer a high quality igloo for both summer and winter camping. It sucks in the hot weather and you have to haul around a huge refrigerator, but they are awesome. I would have pictures, but when i was trying to snap them, the igloo was melting and go my camera wet.

corey d
Do you know that if you make the igloo out of purified spring water that it wont melt as fast in hot weather.

Be sure to get another camera and take some pics in the winter this time

post #23 of 27 Old 10-03-2010, 09:10 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:

corey d
Next time use dry ice.....

/

post #24 of 27 Old 10-03-2010, 09:47 PM
Comfortably Numb

Garage

Quote:

corey d
been doing the wackey weed again i see

08 Rubi Unlimited named Freebird

Quote:
Cat killing would almost certainly decline if we were allowed to hunt liberals.
Asylum media group llc all rights reserved ©2015
post #25 of 27 Old 10-07-2010, 05:45 AM
Wheeler

for whatever its worth I have a kodiak truck tent.. and the tent outlasted the truck. The tent is fantastic and held up great under extreme winds on the beach in Key West.. now I just gotta find someone to buy this damned thing since the truck is gone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode