went fishing - found about $85,000 worth of meth - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 48 Old 03-28-2010, 10:55 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to venom
went fishing - found about $85,000 worth of meth

Went fishing today with my GF, cjb321 and another buddy.
We were taking one of the rougher trails to the backside of the lake and I saw a gas can back in the weeds I'm thinking "sweet, free gas can!"
I park n walk over to it and its got chunks in it, so I carried back over to the Jeeps.

They asked what was in it, I shook it up and poured some into my had "uhhh hey guys, what does meth look like?"

Sooo we called the cops, wheeled back out to the main road to meet them, they had to wait for a lake patrol officer with a 4x4 pickup to follow us back to where I had left Chris with his Jeep and the dogs with the can.
Brought them back, they looked at it and said "yup, someones been back here cooking dope, thats meth"
Turned out to be about a pound and a half with a street value around $85K
So anyway, we finished up with the cops, they left with the can and we finally got to fishing.

didnt catch a damn thing, but had an adventure and it was a beautiful evening.

anyway, there's todays adventure :tup:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Wife
I might just go crazy and kill you in your sleep, instead of just planning it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 48 Old 03-28-2010, 11:08 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Wow- Larry- for some reason I am remembering that King of the Hill episode where they were busted buying crack to use for large-mouth bass bait.

Stay safe out there man.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #3 of 48 Old 03-28-2010, 11:10 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Man, you're crazy. You could have finished off your Jeep with all that money.

Just kidding Larry. Glad you found it and got it off the streets. Watch out for them crazy tweekers though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 48 Old 03-29-2010, 01:23 AM
Granite Guru

Wow dude...Kirby?
post #5 of 48 Old 03-29-2010, 01:37 AM
JKO Addict!

Send a message via Yahoo to rob4607

Reward???? Hello hemi!
post #6 of 48 Old 03-29-2010, 01:47 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoejd View Post
Wow dude...Kirby?
Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob4607 View Post
Reward???? Hello hemi!
nah, no reward, I guess they catch people out there cooking at least once a year

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorHead View Post
Just kidding Larry. Glad you found it and got it off the streets. Watch out for them crazy tweekers though.
You know it man, strapped at all times!

Quote:
post #7 of 48 Old 03-29-2010, 04:00 AM
JKO Addict!

Damn! Talk about money, I didn't know that stuff was worth so much!! No wonder there are so many dead beats trying to cook it around here. Glad to hear you got it off the streets and had some fun fishing in the same day.
post #8 of 48 Old 03-29-2010, 04:29 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Wow crazy find. Looks like a pretty relaxing day otherwise. Nice sunset.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Wow- Larry- for some reason I am remembering that King of the Hill episode where they were busted buying crack to use for large-mouth bass bait.

Stay safe out there man.
definitely be safe

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
post #9 of 48 Old 03-29-2010, 06:52 AM
JKO Addict!

Shit Larry you just took a crap in someones wheaties

|
|
post #10 of 48 Old 03-29-2010, 07:17 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Well done man!!!! And a beautiful sunset to boot.

My Build Thread ~

NE Trail Ride Thread ~

Want Jeep Mods? Marcus Has It!! ~ River City Offroad
Adrenaline Offroad
~ Best Jeep shop in the Washington DC area!![/COLOR]
post #11 of 48 Old 03-29-2010, 07:20 AM
Openly Hostile

You owe me 9k for the materials to cook that up.
post #12 of 48 Old 03-29-2010, 07:22 AM
Rock God

Awesome bust there Venom....But watch your back someone is out looking for that stash.
post #13 of 48 Old 03-29-2010, 07:49 AM
Rock God

Like he said, somebody's gonna be looking for that gas can....

post #14 of 48 Old 03-29-2010, 07:56 AM
Rock God

Garage

That is just nuts.
post #15 of 48 Old 03-29-2010, 08:11 AM
Rock God

Garage

Wow when I read the title I was expecting a link to a news story. Good catch Venom

I understand the Jeep thing
post #16 of 48 Old 03-29-2010, 08:55 AM
Rock God

Garage

What...No get out of jail free card? Not even a honorary police badge?!!!

Nice work!!!

I Freakin' Love My JEEP!! Hey, you in the Hummer..

I Love and Miss You Brodude..RIP.
post #17 of 48 Old 03-29-2010, 08:58 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post

Stay safe out there man.
That was some funnay shit there for KOTH!!

2009 JK Rubicon Unlimited. Rock Hard skids, Skidrow Control Arm Skids, Shrockworks bumpers. Pro Comp 2" Puck Lift.
post #18 of 48 Old 03-29-2010, 08:59 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Neat find....but I'm not sure if I would be advertising this on the internet. Not that meth cooks spend a lot of time on Jeep/JK forums, but you never know if some outlaw biker owns a Jeep and...

Vidi, vici, veni

2008 Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
jk-forum, jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler
post #19 of 48 Old 03-29-2010, 10:31 AM
JKO Addict!

Send a message via Yahoo to rob4607

I doubt the tweakers will want to find themselves associated with that gas can by any and all means. I wouldn't worry they're the dumbass' that left it in plain view and I would be kinda pissed as of no reward. Hard to trust the police nowadays, at least in my area I can tell you the Galveston county cops that patrol my locale are either corrupt and or incompetent. I have plenty of facts to back up my claims so don't bash. Just when you find any significant amount of drugs there is always a finders fee to help keep honest people honest, if not any Joe shmoe having financial difficulties in these economic time knows a friend of a friend that has the money to make it worth while, next time call the DEA. You did a good thing and it's great you are so honest and not wanting a reward but some coin to by some extra bullets incase a crazed tweaker comes out of the weeds looking for some smack....

Anyone see the NCIS episode where Tonys dr girlfriend is held hostage by the drug dealer, the mule is dead cause the drugs ruptured inside him and they cut him open to get the meth out and spill it all in his guts, then the mules sister is snorting the meth right out of his guts with blood and all cause she's tweaking so bad? It was freaking gross!

It would be funny to post a big sign out there that says "found 5gallon gas can, please call......) and use the reporting officers cell phone so they can track the hang ups to see how dumb the tweaker is!
post #20 of 48 Old 03-29-2010, 11:01 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob4607 View Post
I doubt the tweakers will want to find themselves associated with that gas can by any and all means. I wouldn't worry they're the dumbass' that left it in plain view and I would be kinda pissed as of no reward. Hard to trust the police nowadays, at least in my area I can tell you the Galveston county cops that patrol my locale are either corrupt and or incompetent. I have plenty of facts to back up my claims so don't bash. Just when you find any significant amount of drugs there is always a finders fee to help keep honest people honest, if not any Joe shmoe having financial difficulties in these economic time knows a friend of a friend that has the money to make it worth while, next time call the DEA. You did a good thing and it's great you are so honest and not wanting a reward but some coin to by some extra bullets incase a crazed tweaker comes out of the weeds looking for some smack....

Anyone see the NCIS episode where Tonys dr girlfriend is held hostage by the drug dealer, the mule is dead cause the drugs ruptured inside him and they cut him open to get the meth out and spill it all in his guts, then the mules sister is snorting the meth right out of his guts with blood and all cause she's tweaking so bad? It was freaking gross!

It would be funny to post a big sign out there that says "found 5gallon gas can, please call......) and use the reporting officers cell phone so they can track the hang ups to see how dumb the tweaker is!
Larry does work for and knows the cops. I'm sure he wasn't expecting a reward. Or maybe he got one and didn't tell us.

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
post #21 of 48 Old 03-29-2010, 11:10 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold knight View Post
Or maybe he got one and didn't tell us.
LOL. Build thread starts next week!
post #22 of 48 Old 03-29-2010, 12:21 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynkedad View Post
What...No get out of jail free card? Not even a honorary police badge?!!!
Nice work!!!
I get those for pulling the sheriff trucks out of the mud and being on the S.O.speed dial when they need help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogie View Post
Neat find....but I'm not sure if I would be advertising this on the internet. Not that meth cooks spend a lot of time on Jeep/JK forums, but you never know if some outlaw biker owns a Jeep and...
I aint skeered
plenty of friends with badges and I'm packing heat 24/7 anyway

I was just glad to be rid of that damn can, get another big batch of ice off the street and get on to my damn wheeling/ bad fishing!

Quote:
post #23 of 48 Old 03-29-2010, 03:06 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

wow and we just find the 2 liter bottles that they used for shake and bake out here. Thats a big find to bad there wasnt some cash laying around with it.
post #24 of 48 Old 03-29-2010, 03:20 PM
Granite Guru

Interesting....... I just walked out of walmart and this guy asked if I had seen his gas can

post #25 of 48 Old 03-29-2010, 03:28 PM
JKO Addict!

Holy crap man thats a lot of Jeep parts!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode