Salt Water 22 19.30%
Fresh Water 39 34.21%
Both 22 19.30%
Anywhere 31 27.19%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 68 Old 10-23-2009, 08:57 AM
JKowners Vendor

Here is the one of the Salmon i caught a couple weeks ago on our annual trip to the Gunnison area.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"The best beer cooler in the world will always be the edge of your favorite river."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 68 Old 10-23-2009, 08:58 AM
JKowners Vendor

Another one from the same trip i really liked, it is my desktop right now

"The best beer cooler in the world will always be the edge of your favorite river."
post #53 of 68 Old 10-23-2009, 06:58 PM
Wheeler

[IMG][/IMG]

4.9 lbs Trout..

Being in New Orleans its not too hard... these were caught in about 2 hours, no joke

Last edited by crazyhorse02; 10-23-2009 at 07:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54 of 68 Old 10-23-2009, 11:35 PM
Rock God

Haven't been salt water fishing in years. I Just started fresh water last year my kids wanted to try it!

2008 Red Rock Sahara Unlimited (stock)

PAVED ROADS
A fine example of needless
government spending
post #55 of 68 Old 10-24-2009, 06:51 AM
Wheeler

Salt all the way!! We troll and chase birds off the east coast and spear off the west. I love Florida!!

Tanner got schooled by an 80+ pound wahoo

My dog is a sushi theif!!

It's my money, I earned it & I'll choose who I support. It sure the hell ain't lazy people who won't work!
post #56 of 68 Old 10-25-2009, 11:52 PM
Rock God

According to Field and Stream...i live in the Number fishing town in America

http://www.fieldandstream.com/photos...merica?photo=0

2007 Wrangler
Rescue Green

3.5" AEV Lift
37" GoodYear MTR
Pro Comp 7089's
Tom Woods Shafts F&R
OR Fab Tire Carrier
Shaffer Stinger
Bulldog Winch
Buschwacker Flat Flares
Poly Tie Rod
JKS Disco
post #57 of 68 Old 10-26-2009, 03:33 PM
Rock God

Although I prefer saltwater fishing for reds and speckled trout, I took my oldest son(10) and my nephew(11) fishing in a pond in a city park close to home, it's stocked with bass! The first pic is my son in the red with his first bass ever, he caught it but was to scared to hold it! The second pic is my nephew with another!
Attached Images

HANG ON TIGHT...I SAW THIS IN A CARTOON ONCE...I THINK I CAN DO IT!!
08 4 DOOR, FLAME RED, 3" SKYJACKER LIFT, 325/70-17 NITTO TERRA GRAPPLERS, MOTO METAL 951 WHEELS, RANCHO REAR BUMPER/TIRE CARRIER,DAYSTAR HOOD WRANGLERS, RAINGLER GRIPS, MOPAR SLUSH MATS

Last edited by toddandshari'sjk; 11-20-2009 at 03:30 PM.
post #58 of 68 Old 10-29-2009, 07:09 PM

Old Salt

Been kayaking for the last 4 years and having a blast here is a pic from a recent trip to east matagorda bay in texas.

post #59 of 68 Old 10-30-2009, 10:26 AM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoojk View Post
According to Field and Stream...i live in the Number fishing town in America

http://www.fieldandstream.com/photos...merica?photo=0
We were talking about that article when we were up there a few weeks ago, that whole area is great. It is close to wheeling and fishing what more can a guy ask for?

post #60 of 68 Old 11-03-2009, 12:45 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by a plumber View Post
Here is the one of the Salmon i caught a couple weeks ago on our annual trip to the Gunnison area.

Another week and that dog would be falling apart! Looks good and they're a great fight on a 5 or 6 wt. fly rod, but I hate touching the ugly bastards.

When I lived in Alaska, I was 1/4 owner of a 50' Nordhavn so we were always on the water fishing for halibut, salmon shark, and everything else in those waters. I was a fly fishing guide on the Kenai River for 6 years and a few other rivers. I also commercial fished for 6 years. Nothing like catching a million pounds of salmon in a year and 100k of crab and not wanting to eat 1 oz. of that nasty ****. I don't eat anything that lives in the water, but will pull a moose or bear I shot out of the water and then cut and eat

The countdown begins soon for moving my family to Pennsylvania.
post #61 of 68 Old 11-07-2009, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder View Post
I live withen a couple miles of the Suwannee River and 15 miles of the gulf of mexico so i fish both and love it .
I've never fished the Suwannee but I like to hunt the Lower Suwannee WMA.
post #62 of 68 Old 11-20-2009, 03:15 PM
TrailDuty.com

For all you Atlantic/GOM bluewater fishermen, 2010 HMS permits are now available. Not surprisingly, it went up from $16 to $20 for the rec angling permit.
post #63 of 68 Old 11-21-2009, 09:14 AM
Rock God

Never got out saltwater fishing this year. Biggest bass I caught in the lake that I live on was a 5.4 lb largemouth right off of my dock. Caught weekly 3 bass but never one that big. Biggest caught this year in the several fishing tourney's was a 7.4lb bass. They keep getting bigger now that they closed down the public boat ramps due to liability of the property owners and the weeds.

jk-forum, jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler, jk-forum.com, jeepforum, jk-board.com, wayoflife, 2007 jk, 2008 jk, 2009 jk, 2010 jk, jk, jk wrangler
Quote:
Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.[/SIZE][/B]
post #64 of 68 Old 01-04-2010, 03:48 PM
Rock God

A 5 lb. Bass caught on New Years Day in a friends private pond! Also one of the wifes big catch!!
Attached Images

HANG ON TIGHT...I SAW THIS IN A CARTOON ONCE...I THINK I CAN DO IT!!
08 4 DOOR, FLAME RED, 3" SKYJACKER LIFT, 325/70-17 NITTO TERRA GRAPPLERS, MOTO METAL 951 WHEELS, RANCHO REAR BUMPER/TIRE CARRIER,DAYSTAR HOOD WRANGLERS, RAINGLER GRIPS, MOPAR SLUSH MATS
post #65 of 68 Old 01-04-2010, 04:47 PM
TrailDuty.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddandshari'sjk View Post
Also one of the wifes big catch!!
post #66 of 68 Old 07-30-2017, 03:28 PM

I do a little surf fishing with my buddies. Just got my JK and have yet to take it to the beach. Trying to figure out a way to mount my rods to the back bumper. Thought about welding two rod holders on the bunper.
post #67 of 68 Old 02-26-2018, 01:39 PM
Granite Guru

Where do you fish

I live on Lake Livingston in Texas.
Lake Livingston is the 2nd largest lake in Texas, its actually the Trinity River behind a dam.
We catch most all of the Bass species, with White Bass, and Stripers being the ones I go after when they are biting.

I also fish for Blue Cats right off the bulkhead at my house.

Occasionally I hook into a FlatHead too.

I grew up, and lived my early adult years in eastern Washington so the fishing here in Texas is much different that the Trout and Steelhead that I grew up catching.
But I do enjoy sitting on the Bulkhead with a cooler full of adult beverages waiting for my pole to bend.
post #68 of 68 Old 03-26-2018, 06:00 PM
Wheeler

Garage

I fish wherever,whenever and for whatever I can. Lake Michigan for lake trout, Lake Erie for walleye, Lake Cumberland (Kentucky) for stripers, the Cumberland River (below the lake/ dam) for brown and rainbow trout, Lake Kinkaid (Shawnee Nat’l Forest, Southern Illinois) and Lake Shelbyville (Southern Illinois) for musky as well as other Southern Illinois lakes for bass and several strip mine lakes, creeks, rivers and power plant cooling lakes near Braidwood and Coal City Illinois for crappie, sunfish/ bluegill and rockbass as well as bass (large and small mouth), walleye, catfish and tiger musky. I’m sure I’ve forget a few.
I shore fish, boat fish, wade and float tube. I troll, drift, anchor and back troll.
I fly fish, bait fish, lure fish and even chum for carp w corn.
If you ask “Can we go fishing,” I’m always in.
Almost forgot about the neighbor’s pond- bass and sunfish/ blue gill on early Summer mornings.

2015 Wrangler Unlimited (Tank)
Bestop Trek Top Nx, Trek Armor Blk/OD Seat covers w/ Bartact & Army surplus bags
Rubicon Shocks w/ 19/60 springs, 2.5" Teraflex BB lift w/ Superlift fr&rr adj track bars & Rancho CA bracket, NR 4x4 9/16" bolt kit
GY Duratrac 315/70R17 tires on Willys rims w/ 1.5" wheel spacers,
Smittybilt XRC Side Armor, Drake locking hood latches

Last edited by brandofamily; 03-26-2018 at 06:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode