Good Year for Deer Hunting - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 62 Old 11-06-2009, 08:28 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Good Year for Deer Hunting

Last Saturday was opening day for Deer using a muzzle-loader here in VA. I tagged a nice 5 pointer, my son (he's 15) nailed a spike buck on Monday, and my daughter shot her first deer ever.......a 7 point buck using a 50cal. muzzleloader. She also took 2nd place in the local bow shoot last month. She makes a daddy proud! Funny thing is, to look at her you'd never guess. She was a beauty pagent winner 2 years running, has a college degree, works as a Critical Care Nurse, and looks to be all prim and proper. I think I did good

If you're gonna be fucking weird, own it.

~SoCo
______
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 62 Old 11-06-2009, 08:29 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Sweet.
post #3 of 62 Old 11-07-2009, 05:06 AM
Granite Guru

Nice - any pics?

08 Rubicon 2DR Red Rock

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 62 Old 11-07-2009, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerubicon08 View Post
Last Saturday was opening day for Deer using a muzzle-loader here in VA. I tagged a nice 5 pointer, my son (he's 15) nailed a spike buck on Monday, and my daughter shot her first deer ever.......a 7 point buck using a 50cal. muzzleloader. She also took 2nd place in the local bow shoot last month. She makes a daddy proud! Funny thing is, to look at her you'd never guess. She was a beauty pagent winner 2 years running, has a college degree, works as a Critical Care Nurse, and looks to be all prim and proper. I think I did good
I went here in Fla. and got zip. Oh well, atleast the season is still young...
post #5 of 62 Old 11-07-2009, 06:54 AM
Rock God

3 more weeks before buck season opens here. Sounds like you had a good day. Save a steak for me...

"All wranglers are jeeps, not all jeeps are wranglers"

"Holding out for the Pentastar in 2012"
post #6 of 62 Old 11-08-2009, 03:54 PM
Comfortably Numb

Garage

I was tempted yesterday, but decided to take a picture instead. picture didn't come out that good. season starts here next weekend. woohoo. Shot this 8 point in the back of my property last year
Attached Images

08 Rubi Unlimited named Freebird

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Cat killing would almost certainly decline if we were allowed to hunt liberals.
Asylum media group llc all rights reserved ©2015

Last edited by RubiCajun; 02-24-2010 at 02:00 PM.
post #7 of 62 Old 11-08-2009, 08:40 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragline View Post
Nice - any pics of your daughter?
x2.
post #8 of 62 Old 11-08-2009, 09:49 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Nice buck Rubicajun!
post #9 of 62 Old 11-09-2009, 09:16 AM
Rock God

Its cool to hear about your fam hunting together... and even better when you have that kind of success.

I am chomping at the bit for Friday. That is the opening day for my muzzleloader bull Elk hunt in northern AZ. I got a great unit that consistently puts out some monster trophies. My deer hunt isnt until mid Dec, which is a coveted tag for White Tail in AZ too. I'm hoping for a great fall season!

Dave Dorsen [847-410-3750]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

*Dealer inquiries welcome*
post #10 of 62 Old 11-10-2009, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Sorry for the delay in the pictures.

Here goes:

My daughter with her first buck. Small rack, but a 7 pointer, taken down with one shot from a 50 caliber muzzle-loader none the less

Here she is with her husband (sorry guys, she's taken) practicing for the bow-shoot she took 2nd place in

Here she is on their hog

And here she is all cleaned up

Here is a picture of my son from last year right after shooting a nice buck right at sunset. He was 14 at the time

and here's that buck

This is from another day last year, a doe, a spike buck, and a turkey. My son hit the turkey at 120 yds with his 243.

I love spending time with my kids, I love the fact that they are self-sufficient, I love the way I am SO PPROUD of them!!!

Oh yeah......and they can drive the hell out of the Jeep. They've both been driving a stick since their legs were long enough to reach the floorboards!

~SoCo
______
post #11 of 62 Old 11-10-2009, 07:30 PM
Comfortably Numb

Garage

Nice pics Blue. Forgive the humor, but her rack isn't that small and she looks like a 100 pointer to me. You are as blessed to have such good kids as I was. And you're a good and rare dad. You'll have these good memories for life. Thanks for sharing.

08 Rubi Unlimited named Freebird

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Cat killing would almost certainly decline if we were allowed to hunt liberals.
Asylum media group llc all rights reserved ©2015
post #12 of 62 Old 11-10-2009, 07:47 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiCajun View Post
Nice pics Blue. Forgive the humor, but her rack isn't that small and she looks like a 100 pointer to me. You are as blessed to have such good kids as I was. And you're a good and rare dad. You'll have these good memories for life. Thanks for sharing.
well said, all around.
post #13 of 62 Old 11-10-2009, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

All is forgiven! When a man has a beautiful wife, how can he get mad when another man looks at her and finds her attractive? Same goes for having a beautiful daughter IMHO. I also have three beautiful step-daughters. Same thing. We had young pups sniffing around the house for years. The girls would taunt all of the boys that came to the house about THE TALK
I always got a kick out of them. Really enjoyed cleaning the guns or skinning out a deer when they showed up.Ran more than a few of them off without saying a word!

I know.....I'm an evil [email protected], but I have fun!

~SoCo
______
post #14 of 62 Old 11-11-2009, 04:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerubicon08 View Post
All is forgiven! When a man has a beautiful wife, how can he get mad when another man looks at her and finds her attractive? Same goes for having a beautiful daughter IMHO. I also have three beautiful step-daughters. Same thing. We had young pups sniffing around the house for years. The girls would taunt all of the boys that came to the house about THE TALK
I always got a kick out of them. Really enjoyed cleaning the guns or skinning out a deer when they showed up.Ran more than a few of them off without saying a word!

I know.....I'm an evil [email protected], but I have fun!
Heh, I guess me and my brothers didn't invent that then? Thought her senior prom date was gonna sh!t when he walked in to find me, my two older brothers and my dad all cleaning our hunting rifles.

We gave her space to do as she pleased, so long as it was well understood that if she ever came home crying, we would ensure those tears were reciprocated on his part.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #15 of 62 Old 11-11-2009, 09:52 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Dan View Post
Heh, I guess me and my brothers didn't invent that then? Thought her senior prom date was gonna sh!t when he walked in to find me, my two older brothers and my dad all cleaning our hunting rifles.

We gave her space to do as she pleased, so long as it was well understood that if she ever came home crying, we would ensure those tears were reciprocated on his part.
Nice! Just one of the many enjoyable duties of a brother, right?

~SoCo
______
post #16 of 62 Old 11-19-2009, 08:32 PM
Granite Guru

Got this boy this morning in the northern part of the state. Not a bad 10 for one of the fastest growing counties in the country.

2007 2dr 6sd
3"FT with teraflex control arms
35" procomp Xtreme M/T's
16x8 procomp soft 8's
PJ front with M8000 and viking synthetic
Highrock Rear with ORFAB tire carrier
4.88 gears and ARB locked
post #17 of 62 Old 11-19-2009, 09:43 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC619FR View Post
Got this boy this morning in the northern part of the state. Not a bad 10 for one of the fastest growing counties in the country.
That's a nice one Zac! Scott and I saw a MONSTER last Saturday evening in the last few minutes of light. Couldn't get a good shot off at him. Guess we know what I'll be stalking, huh?

~SoCo
______
post #18 of 62 Old 11-20-2009, 03:10 AM
Granite Guru

Those are some nice animals, I got skunked when I went out last weekend.

Devrayfan, where do you hunt at? I'd hate to think we were both in the same area getting nothing.

2008 JK X - Jeep Green, 6spd, Home Made Stubby Bumper, MasterCraft Grab Handles, Husky Floor Mats
1995 YJ - Anemic 4 cylinder, 5spd SOLD
1969 CJ5 - Ran into the ground and left for dead
post #19 of 62 Old 11-28-2009, 07:05 AM
Rock God

Send a message via AIM to FHMan1905

a couple of samples from my buddies trip to Kansas last week....(of course work got in the way for me!!!)

Name:  Kansas_deer_028.jpg
Views: 966
Size:  105.3 KB

Name:  Kansas_deer_021.jpg
Views: 959
Size:  120.5 KB

Name:  Kansas_deer_029.jpg
Views: 970
Size:  147.0 KB

Name:  Kansas_deer_037.jpg
Views: 1201
Size:  161.7 KB

Both deer were field dressed over 275lbs, and all scored in the upper 170's

2007 Sahara Unlimited
4" Lift, 35" KM2's, Soft 8's, 4" HIDx windshield mounted, Finishlinewest rocksliders and 4.0 bumper, Bestop Trektop!

post #20 of 62 Old 11-28-2009, 08:02 PM
Granite Guru

How about passing some of that luck my way... been in the stand over 20 times this season... still nothing. Granted I live in NC, so I don't expect a monster, but I want meat for the freezer.

Congrats to all those makin' it happen this season. If, I mean, WHEN I kill something this season, it's going on this thread regardless of antler size, if any!
post #21 of 62 Old 11-30-2009, 08:31 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

My son Scott (15 years old) is up to 6 this year! The nicest one was an 8 pointer, I'll post pics soon

~SoCo
______
post #22 of 62 Old 12-07-2009, 06:56 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

As promised, here is a picture of Scott and his 8 pointer.

~SoCo
______
post #23 of 62 Old 07-13-2010, 08:52 AM
Granite Guru

Anyone getting buck fever yet??? I saw two bucks in their lovely velvet yesterday morning on the way to work, crossed the road in front of me... looked like a nice 6 and a nicer 8 point. I can't wait for deer season!!

Oh and I'll add: It was my first season hunting this past year and I got two deer! Got a button buck with my bow and a nice doe with muzzleloader.

2009 4 door X 6speed

Last edited by MissMandyOK; 07-13-2010 at 08:59 AM.
post #24 of 62 Old 07-19-2010, 07:19 AM
Granite Guru

Guess no one else wants a deer this year lol

2009 4 door X 6speed

post #25 of 62 Old 07-19-2010, 01:48 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I have seen alot of doe out this way not nearly as many bucks. I did see on nice 165-170 class running through the gate at work about a month ago. its time to put the trail cameras out and figure out where he is hanging. Mabey Ill get more than 5 days of hunting this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
This is one reason I have a strict policy of not eating anything out of another dudes butt. Flick it with my tongue? Sure. Run my tongue around the rim? Depends. Dart my tongue in for a brief second? Maybe. Eat something out of it? No fuckin' way!
If you want to know whats on it check my
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode