Coleman Power Chill Coolers - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 09-20-2013, 04:26 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage
Coleman Power Chill Coolers

I know all the cool people have ARB refrigerator but I just can't spend that kind of money right now. I have always noticed the Coleman Power Chill Coolers at Walmart and wondered if they were any good. I know an ARB fridge draws a lot less amps than the Coleman but I will just make sure not to leave it on to long when the Jeep is off.

Anyone have any experiences with these? I know your ARB is cooler but at a little more than $100 the Coleman is enticing.

The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.-Thomas Paine

See Garage for Mods
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-20-2013, 04:45 PM
Rock God

Sounds like it doesn't get that cold.

"Cools to 40 degrees Fahrenheit below surrounding temperature"

Probably ok for drinks, not for food or cold beer. The Seirra's are usually in the 80's in the summer out here.

Edit: Some review's on amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Coleman-PowerC.../dp/B00168QW6G

2015 JK Unlimited Anvil
SOLD -2009 JK Unlimited Rubicon Deep Water Blue
1987 YJ Stretched 60/14 40" LTB's

Last edited by SIKJEEP; 09-20-2013 at 04:48 PM.
post #3 of 6 Old 09-20-2013, 05:02 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKJEEP View Post
Sounds like it doesn't get that cold.

"Cools to 40 degrees Fahrenheit below surrounding temperature"

Probably ok for drinks, not for food or cold beer. The Seirra's are usually in the 80's in the summer out here.

Edit: Some review's on amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Coleman-PowerC.../dp/B00168QW6G
Yea its similar to my pop camper fridge in regards to temperature below ambient. I've learned a couple of tricks to keep things cool such as freezing a couple of bottles of ice ahead of time, turning on the fridge a day before the trip, and making sure everything that goes in has been previously chilled.

This fridge will be for mostly day trips since I have the pop up refrigerator for longer trips. I know its not going to be perfect but if it keeps my stuff colder that 50 degrees on a mid 80's day I'm happy.

The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.-Thomas Paine

See Garage for Mods
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 09-20-2013, 05:18 PM
Granite Guru

http://www.amazon.com/Koolatron-P20-...lectric+cooler

I have one of these, and if I run it continuously and start off with cold items, I have had frozen water at the bottom as well as frozen drinks. Now that was fall/spring time frame, but still keeps it cold during the summer as well (just not frozen)

12 JKUR w/J30 Top
05 KJ CRD
post #5 of 6 Old 09-20-2013, 06:52 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I guess it just comes down to if you'd rather spend $100 for something that kinda works or spend 7x that for something that will amaze you at how well it works and never let you down. Something that you can leave on for a few hours when the Jeep ain't running to keep from running your battery down or something that you can leave on 24/7 for days on end (as long as your driving a few hours a day) and never have to worry about your battery dying on you 1,000s of miles from home. Something that'll keep shit FROZEN in 90-100 degree heat or something that'll keep your stuff a few degrees below ambient temps.

I'm an ARB believer. This is one of the realms where you get what you pay for. If you don't want to be disappointed, just save up for the ARB.

I bought the ARB before our 19 day NJ-AZ (actually went all the way to NV)-NJ trip last year in August with the intentions of selling it after the trip. Got home and couldn't bear to part with it. Now, it's a mainstay in the JK when I go wheeling. It saved us a little worry when the power was out for a few days (in our area... it was out for weeks on the coast) after Sandy hit last year.

Long story short (yeah, I know it's too late for that now), I love my ARB fridge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Killing kids is a disgrace, i don't care how little they are.

post #6 of 6 Old 09-23-2013, 06:13 AM
Rock God

There are other options out there. Made here in the USA
ENGEL USA Fridge/Freezers
I have known about the Engel fridge for a while but I never knew they also made coolers.This summer I was shopping for a Yeti cooler and came across the DeepBlue cooler line. They tested much better than the yeti and are less $.
I am not quite ready for a fridge but one of these coolers will keep your ice for a few days at a time plus the handy tie down locations mean I wont have to worry about having to unstrap a cooler every time I want to get inside like I have to do with my coleman.
ENGEL USA DeepBlue Coolers

2008 JKUR- 3 Inch Synergy Stage III Lift, PR44, 1310 Shafts, RROR Skids, 37" MTR's, Warn 9.5Ti, Bumpers, Sliders, OBA, Lights... bla bla bla
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode