1Likes
  • 1 Post By snout

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 08-24-2016, 04:49 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Picked this up a couple months ago...

Never posted pics so here she is.

1999 Toyota 4Runner SR5. I love it and it was a great deal considering the condition inside and out. Has a lot of miles but it starts strong and runs great. Put some new brakes on it and a few other little things here and there but she doesn't need much more atm. I may go ahead and replace shocks/ struts in the next year or so but otherwise, she's a solid daily driver.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 08-24-2016, 04:53 PM
Rock God

Nice. The older 4 runners look great. I had a 95 I used as an airport car for a while. Liked it. Shit gas mileage though. Congrats
post #3 of 13 Old 08-24-2016, 05:19 PM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

That should last you the rest of your life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 08-24-2016, 06:50 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by da20captain View Post
Nice. The older 4 runners look great. I had a 95 I used as an airport car for a while. Liked it. Shit gas mileage though. Congrats
After daily driving on 37's, this actually doesn't seem too bad lol. I don't currently have a very long commute on any given day so it honestly hasn't been bad at all. I'll know better how she does whenever we decide to take a road trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
That should last you the rest of your life.
That actually stung more than you would have thought lol.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #5 of 13 Old 08-24-2016, 09:21 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

that's clean & in good shape. Toyota's will run forever. 'reckon it can it tow a JK on 37s?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 13 Old 08-25-2016, 06:02 AM

Quote:
After daily driving on 37's, this actually doesn't seem too bad lol. I don't currently have a very long commute on any given day so it honestly hasn't been bad at all. I'll know better how she does whenever we decide to take a road trip.

That actually stung more than you would have thought lol.
Didn't mean it to sting, just that if you take care of that motor it will last forever. We all reach a point in our lives where we will be buying our last vehicle. My current ride is not it. One day I will be too damm old and decrepit to be getting out of a car that is that low. Also the day I sell my jeep is the day before they put me in the ground. So the jeep I currently have is the last one I will ever own. Well unless I win powerball then the garage will be stacked full of toys.

Quote:
Quote:
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #7 of 13 Old 08-25-2016, 07:34 AM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Toyotas are totally lame! Who the fuck would buy one of those unless that person was mentally stunted and into self deprecating, abusive, orifice violating relationships with two or more people?

Fucking Crisco raping, doorknob inspecting man toy!

Hashtag Iheartyoulongtime
Hashtag werebrosbro
Hashtag holdmybeerwhilewedoeachother
Hashtag youreonlyscreamingwiththeducttapepeeledback

Smiley face with heart eyes.

Nice 4R, clean as fuck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
post #8 of 13 Old 08-25-2016, 09:55 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
Didn't mean it to sting, just that if you take care of that motor it will last forever. We all reach a point in our lives where we will be buying our last vehicle. My current ride is not it. One day I will be too damm old and decrepit to be getting out of a car that is that low. Also the day I sell my jeep is the day before they put me in the ground. So the jeep I currently have is the last one I will ever own. Well unless I win powerball then the garage will be stacked full of toys.
Maybe had I taken care of my own motor a little better, I wouldn't feel so old now lol! Naw... I know exactly what your saying, Gunny. I'm definitely that way with the Jeep. I know that it's very likely my last Jeep. I don't want to build one again nor do I really have the means to build one as heavily modified as the one that I have now. Getting out is a breeze and getting in ain't too bad most days but I know that one day I'll have to reevaluate things. I also already feel my limitations when getting out of that little fucking Corolla of Chelsea's haha. Even more sadly... my buddy just got a '78 Ford Ranger XLT that's lifted about a mile in the air. I swear to God it took me a lil while to figure out how best to get into it without a hoist or subsequent back surgery lmao. As bad-ass as that truck is, I look at it and think "No way I would wanna deal with this thing every day. My JK is a little high but nothing I can't manage and the 4Runner is pretty much perfect... not too high/ not too low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKCTAZ View Post
Toyotas are totally lame! Who the fuck would buy one of those unless that person was mentally stunted and into self deprecating, abusive, orifice violating relationships with two or more people?

Fucking Crisco raping, doorknob inspecting man toy!

Hashtag Iheartyoulongtime
Hashtag werebrosbro
Hashtag holdmybeerwhilewedoeachother
Hashtag youreonlyscreamingwiththeducttapepeeledback

Smiley face with heart eyes.

Nice 4R, clean as fuck!
lmao. Wazzup Sunny D!! Flat-top head and pistol-grip ears is just the way that the Lord made some of us, but capitalizing on His delicate creation is the work of the devil! Of course I say that... knowing full well that the back seats in the 4Funner are already folded down and ready for whatever comes. Fuckin thing even has a power outlet back there and a cubbie hole for storing Polaroid cameras, peanuts, napkins, and dog-collars.

Thanks, man. She's definitely clean and has been meticulously cared for. I wanna keep her that way so I wax on/ wax off ALL the time!

post #9 of 13 Old 08-25-2016, 11:20 AM

oh and get some damm seat covers, leather is easier to clean but could still stain.

Quote:
Quote:
post #10 of 13 Old 08-25-2016, 12:59 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage

Oh shit... lmfao. I forgot about the old chowder-flavored CoverKings lol!

post #11 of 13 Old 08-25-2016, 02:10 PM
Vaporware jeep

JKCTAZ likes this.
post #12 of 13 Old 05-18-2019, 08:12 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by snout View Post

It does not matter how you dress-it up, it is still just a stain...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 13 Old 05-18-2019, 10:14 PM
Vaporware jeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ff3ry_j33p View Post
It does not matter how you dress-it up, it is still just a stain...
There once was a maiden of 4runner thread
With lopsided teats and a horn on her head

Her enormous fingers were good for a chuckle
She'd tickle your appendix before the second knuckle

While it's true that my man-panties hang in her boudoir
She will never replace my true love for the Gar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode