15x8 M/T Classic II's on JK - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 01-03-2008, 08:25 PM Thread Starter

15x8 M/T Classic II's on JK

I haven't been able to confirm if the set up that I am looking at running will work on my JK X. I just got my 4" Superlift off the big brown truck a few hours ago... I am wanting to run the following, please let me know if you all KNOW this will work... or if one of my other options will be my best bet. Thanks in advance!!

#1: 35/12.50r15 M/T ATZ on M/T Classic II's 15" x 8"
#2: 315/75r16 M/T ATZ on 16" x 8" Cragar 365
#3: 315/75r16 M/T ATZ on Stock 16" x 7" X Alloy w/Spidertrax 1.5" spacers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 01-04-2008, 07:18 PM
Granite Guru

I know for sure that there are folks running around with options 2 and 3. The first option I assume will work although not all 15" wheels will clear the brake rotors. M/T Classic II's are a pretty popular wheel... I bet if you look around you could find a shop that would let you test fit one. Also... check with your tire/wheel dealer because sometimes you can order the wheels from them, and if they don't fit properly you can get something else.

-Casey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 Old 01-05-2008, 07:26 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by obxjeep View Post
I haven't been able to confirm if the set up that I am looking at running will work on my JK X. I just got my 4" Superlift off the big brown truck a few hours ago... I am wanting to run the following, please let me know if you all KNOW this will work... or if one of my other options will be my best bet. Thanks in advance!!

#1: 35/12.50r15 M/T ATZ on M/T Classic II's 15" x 8"
#2: 315/75r16 M/T ATZ on 16" x 8" Cragar 365
#3: 315/75r16 M/T ATZ on Stock 16" x 7" X Alloy w/Spidertrax 1.5" spacers.
I'm running 4" superlift with 35x12.5x17 Mickey Thompson Baja Claw Radial on 17x9 Pro Comp steal wheels.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 01-05-2008, 07:43 PM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to WTF_LOL

#2 Will should good for BS and fitment should be all good and look great.

#3 will give you enough clearence as long as you have the spacer. I know there are plenty of people running 12.5" wide tires on those rims but I personally would not want to run that wide of tires on a 7" wheel.

#1 What is the Back spacing on The 15" wheels?

I am running 15" STEEL wheels with 4" BS and it is cutting it close. I belive those are quite a bit thicker material so I don't think there will be enough room for the calipers in front.

I think they will probably fit in the diameter direction but I think you would have to run some spacers or a minimum of 3.5" BS to move them out far enough.

If you do end up getting those you should post in this thread for others:
https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showth...ight=confirmed

Redrockjk is running some 15" Ion's with 3.5" BS and they look similar in thickness to me (from pics, lol) so you may want to hit him up for some info...

Last edited by WTF_LOL; 01-05-2008 at 07:49 PM.
post #5 of 9 Old 07-13-2008, 05:20 PM

I know this is an old thread but I would love to here if anyone purchased theses yet. I have run these wheels on other rigs before and I simply prefer them. The 15x8 MT II's comes with a 3 5/16" BS.. SO they should clear handily.
post #6 of 9 Old 07-25-2008, 12:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanccfshr View Post
I know this is an old thread but I would love to here if anyone purchased theses yet. I have run these wheels on other rigs before and I simply prefer them. The 15x8 MT II's comes with a 3 5/16" BS.. SO they should clear handily.
damn, dont think that would be enough bs. I would want to be at a minimum of 4" bs with 15's. Since these are not steel you may need to be at a 3.75 or greater. Like as mentioned before, see if you can get a test fitting. If you do end up wit these wheels please post n the "confirmed wheel fitment" thread!

EDIT: wow, nvm, just reread your post, I totally misunderstood. was thinking 4 + something bs. 3 5/26th I would think would clear even with these wheelsl damn,too many beer:

Last edited by WTF_LOL; 07-25-2008 at 12:59 AM.
post #7 of 9 Old 07-25-2008, 01:51 AM

Someone needs AA
post #8 of 9 Old 07-25-2008, 09:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustoff '68 View Post
Someone needs AA
wow, I even already posted in this thread, lol. I really need to not get on here and post after drinking all night. Nothin like waking in the morning to read stuff you wrote when you were trashed, lol.
post #9 of 9 Old 07-25-2008, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF_LOL View Post
wow, I even already posted in this thread, lol. I really need to not get on here and post after drinking all night. Nothin like waking in the morning to read stuff you wrote when you were trashed, lol.
LOL...here's a present from Mr. Bill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode