Well finally installed it today!
Unfortunately, it took me about 4 hours to install the CAI and TBS!!! I'll be the first to admit that I don't have an extensive knowledge of mechanics (mostly maintenance experience) but word to the wise: without the proper tools, the installation is MUCH more difficult.
First off...the temperature sensor is a [email protected]
#% to get off. I ended up disconnecting the wiring harness from it first (which the instructions claim you don't need to do
), then I used needle-nose pliers to yank that sucker off.
The rest was relatively smooth EXCEPT for the TBS install. The lower right bolt is IMPOSSIBLE to take off with a standard ratchet set.
You'll need the miniature kind to have the room to remove it. Since I couldn't get my hands on a small set, I used pliers...and it takes an eternity and herculean strength to get it off (putting the new one on was even tougher for me because by then, I was already exhausted).
I did take it out for a short test drive and it does sound and feel like I've increased my horsepower...only time will tell if I save anything at the pump, however...
Updates soon to follow...