Just want to level out my JKU Rubicon ... Question inside. - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 04-16-2013, 11:45 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Just want to level out my JKU Rubicon ... Question inside.

Hey guys ...

A bit of Noob here. Just read through about 30 threads and spent an hour looking at different kits.

Basically I have a 2013 JKU Rubicon that for the time being just want to remove the rake out of it so it sits level and throw some spacers on it so it gives it a little bit more agressive stance. This is just to hold me over till I can get through my wedding costs and buy a real lift kit.

Anyway I see there are leveling kits that are just spacers up front and some with spacers up front and rear with sway bar links, and on and on.

Basically Im just keeping my stock size Rubicon wheels and tires till Im ready to move on to the full lift. So with that said whats the most basic and simple way to level it out? a .75" spacer up front? a 1" spacer up front? the Teraflex 1.5" Kit that lifts both front and rear a little?

Also on just front spacer kits will I need to re do the aligment and will I need anything else to keep a stock like ride?

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 04-16-2013, 12:40 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas_Sirk View Post
Hey guys ...

A bit of Noob here. Just read through about 30 threads and spent an hour looking at different kits.

Basically I have a 2013 JKU Rubicon that for the time being just want to remove the rake out of it so it sits level and throw some spacers on it so it gives it a little bit more agressive stance. This is just to hold me over till I can get through my wedding costs and buy a real lift kit.

Anyway I see there are leveling kits that are just spacers up front and some with spacers up front and rear with sway bar links, and on and on.

Basically Im just keeping my stock size Rubicon wheels and tires till Im ready to move on to the full lift. So with that said whats the most basic and simple way to level it out? a .75" spacer up front? a 1" spacer up front? the Teraflex 1.5" Kit that lifts both front and rear a little?

Also on just front spacer kits will I need to re do the aligment and will I need anything else to keep a stock like ride?

Thanks in advance
for just a temporary situation like this the tf leveling kit is a good option. i ran it for like 9,000 miles without issue and passed it off to another crew member. for 125 bucks you cant beat it. i was gone when mine went on but i don't belive there was any issues with the alignment, you may just need to adjust your draglink a little to center the wheel if it even gets thrown off.
post #3 of 9 Old 04-16-2013, 12:58 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK_iggy View Post
for just a temporary situation like this the tf leveling kit is a good option. i ran it for like 9,000 miles without issue and passed it off to another crew member. for 125 bucks you cant beat it. i was gone when mine went on but i don't belive there was any issues with the alignment, you may just need to adjust your draglink a little to center the wheel if it even gets thrown off.
I agree, TF 1 1/2. I ran it for a year untill I could afford a real lift.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 04-16-2013, 01:59 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Thanks for the recommendation guys. Will this look decent with stock Rubicon wheels and tires for the time being?

I was hoping to have a look similar to this:

but thats on 305/65/17s
post #5 of 9 Old 04-17-2013, 08:02 AM
Granite Guru

I found a set of 1" spacers (front and rear) brand new just not in the original box on ebay for under $100 shipped, I only put in the front spacers and it levelled it out nice.

I sure you can find just front spacers for less if you look around or checkout the deals sometimes found in the for sale section

Blacked out 07 JKUR, safari straps, Treadwright 35's on stock rims and Spydertrax spacers, stubbied front bumper, trimmed flares, 2" body lift, 2" spacers in front with 1" spacers in rear, Gen Right Tire carrier, more to come!
post #6 of 9 Old 04-17-2013, 08:07 AM
Wheeler

After I mounted a winch on the front of my 13 Rubi I added the TF leveling kit and it looks about right. I didnt add the rear spacer though. Not sure its really needed unless you load up the back a lot. I need to adjust the steering wheel a little. Its off just a touch, but not enough to set anything off yet.
post #7 of 9 Old 04-17-2013, 09:43 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badd Andy View Post
I found a set of 1" spacers (front and rear) brand new just not in the original box on ebay for under $100 shipped, I only put in the front spacers and it levelled it out nice.

I sure you can find just front spacers for less if you look around or checkout the deals sometimes found in the for sale section
Thought about doing this, but end up pulling the trigger on the TF kit as the reviews on it are about 98% positive.

Just hoping its not too much of a lift with stock wheels and tires.
post #8 of 9 Old 04-17-2013, 10:12 AM
Wheeler

You'll look great on stock wheels and tires. There are actually a few locals down here running RK 2.5" lifts with stock wheels/tires. Worst case, just get a set of wheel spacers to kick out your tires a little bit so they're flush with the sides instead of tucked in.

225.369.1458 -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

We carry: ACE Engineering - Riddler Mfg - EVO MFG - ENGO USA - TEN Factory - Synergy - Rock Krawler - ARTEC -
SpiderWeb Shade - Currie - Dynatrac - River Raider - Adams Driveshaft - GenRight - MANY MORE!!
post #9 of 9 Old 04-17-2013, 10:29 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgedoffroad.com View Post
You'll look great on stock wheels and tires. There are actually a few locals down here running RK 2.5" lifts with stock wheels/tires. Worst case, just get a set of wheel spacers to kick out your tires a little bit so they're flush with the sides instead of tucked in.
Thats great to hear! I did just that ... bought a set of the 1.5" wheel spacers for all around. I figure this should at least get rid of the "stock" look for the time being till Im ready to move on to bigger and better things.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode