Rock Krawler 2.5 Stock mod + .5 spacers - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 04-15-2013, 09:05 PM Thread Starter

Rock Krawler 2.5 Stock mod + .5 spacers

Im looking at the 2.5 stock mod system and would like to add a little extra to it. Whats anyones opinion on that. I plan on getting new shocks (Bilstein 5100's) with the kit as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 04-15-2013, 09:18 PM
JKO Addict!

RK springs usually give more than advertised lift, though the most current shipment of springs I played with seemed to have not lifted the Jeep as much as they used to. Expected ~3.5" out of 2.5" springs on a 2dr...and got about 2.5".

I wonder if their latest batch was changed a tad?

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 17 Old 04-15-2013, 09:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodysgotacuda View Post
RK springs usually give more than advertised lift, though the most current shipment of springs I played with seemed to have not lifted the Jeep as much as they used to. Expected ~3.5" out of 2.5" springs on a 2dr...and got about 2.5".

I wonder if their latest batch was changed a tad?
I see. i recently read a post by Rock Krawler saying the kit should give ~3" in the front and ~2" in the rear. I was just thinking to add a little more lift without paying the extra 300-400 for an extra inch or so. Curious on if that would be a reasonable idea or if that could throw off the taller springs. would also adjust the track bar to compensate for the extra .5" spacers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 Old 04-15-2013, 09:28 PM
Rock God

Send a message via Yahoo to warcop

I have the 2.5 flex with the 5100's. It rides better than it did when it was stock. I did some light wheeling with it last weekend (only been on two weeks) and have no complaints. My JKU was stock when I installed it, I forgot to measure before the lift. I got more than than 3" on the front and the 2" on the back. Keep in mind the RK measurements are based on JKUs with lots of accessories.

Warcop

2012 JKU Sport, Rock Krawler 2.5 Flex, Smittybilt SRC Side Armor, Mesh Grille MOD, Sony Double DIN AV Receiver, Back up Camera, Kicker Speaker Upgrade, ARB Twin Compressor, Dominion Off Road High Lift Mount, Homemade Paracord Grab Handles, Nitto Trail Grapplers, Paramount Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier, KC Hilites Daylighters, under seat lock box, Metal Cloak Front Bumper, BARTACT Seat Covers, BARTACT Sun Shade, x20 Comp Winch, sPOD, ARB Air lockers, 4.10 Gears.
post #5 of 17 Old 04-15-2013, 09:32 PM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to DiscoBayJoe

they have 3.5" springs if you want something slightly taller. I went with their 3.5" lift and bilstien 5100's and it worked out great. It did indeed net more than 3.5", but my photos that showed before/after with the tape measure have aged out of my flickr account :S

2008 JKUR 3.5" Frankenlift : RK/Artec/Synergy/Reid/Currie/PSC - Spyder'd Out - 35" MTR/K's on Spyderlocks - BinksFab Tailgate
post #6 of 17 Old 04-15-2013, 09:37 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeWilson25 View Post
I see. i recently read a post by Rock Krawler saying the kit should give ~3" in the front and ~2" in the rear. I was just thinking to add a little more lift without paying the extra 300-400 for an extra inch or so. Curious on if that would be a reasonable idea or if that could throw off the taller springs. would also adjust the track bar to compensate for the extra .5" spacers.
If that's how much actual lift you get, then adding to it is upon you. However with the stock mod, you have no caster correction [like the Flex system], so expect some wandering at highway speeds.

"more lift" always comes with another trade off..

The track bar will still center the axle.

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
post #7 of 17 Old 04-15-2013, 10:30 PM
Rock God

Garage

With 2.5" max travel and 1" spacers to compensate for the winch n bumper sag, I had zero wander/bumpsteer or drift issues. I swapped put the front d/s after some boot tearing good times. This lead to slight driveline vibe. Added some adjustable uppers. Now following 'cuda's cut n turn thread because once you change the pinion... Steering gets real light.

I am a troll. Do not take my advice. It isn't going to help.
post #8 of 17 Old 04-16-2013, 03:33 AM
JKO Addict!

RK 2.5's on a 2 door. RR front bumper only
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366104781.680641.jpg
Views: 11849
Size:  150.7 KB

2007 JKR | PSC Big bore box | Rock Krawler 3.5" x-factor arms l SteerSmarts YETI track bar, tie rod, no drill flipped drag link, Griffin | Synergy frame brace | 37x12.5x17 Nitto RG's | Dana front DS | Fox IFP shocks | Artec front armor kit/Currie JJ's | Teraflex rear axle bracket | EVO Rockstars | Ridged D's, A pillar mounts | VKS sliders l Trek Armor seat covers | Superchips/Sprint booster | Savvy half doors w/ Bestop uppers
post #9 of 17 Old 04-16-2013, 05:48 AM
Granite Guru

kjeeper10. Nice! Thanks for the pic. Mind if I steal that one for my collection?
post #10 of 17 Old 04-17-2013, 12:41 PM
JKO Addict!

Sure

2007 JKR | PSC Big bore box | Rock Krawler 3.5" x-factor arms l SteerSmarts YETI track bar, tie rod, no drill flipped drag link, Griffin | Synergy frame brace | 37x12.5x17 Nitto RG's | Dana front DS | Fox IFP shocks | Artec front armor kit/Currie JJ's | Teraflex rear axle bracket | EVO Rockstars | Ridged D's, A pillar mounts | VKS sliders l Trek Armor seat covers | Superchips/Sprint booster | Savvy half doors w/ Bestop uppers
post #11 of 17 Old 04-17-2013, 12:47 PM
A JKO DICK

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjeeper10 View Post
Sure
Careful you mind end up with a gargoyle photoshopped on the hood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
What is wrong with stupid people? Never mind
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
If I'm gonna kiss a man, I want it to be hard and rough... not gay!
post #12 of 17 Old 04-17-2013, 01:25 PM
JKowners Vendor

Jake,

I say, go with the 2.5" to start with and see if you like that height before you add more to it. There is a lot more that comes with more height than just adding more to the coils. Most guys see that the RK 2.5" coils give a ton of height as mentioned here.

Also, I would look at stepping up to the 2.5" Flex System. This gives you the longer stainless steel brake lines up front and also the front lower adjustable control arms. The Front LCA's will really help with the on road feel and drivablity.

If there is anything other questions you may have, feel free to PM, email, or call us at anytime my friend!

-Jason

:

Phone: 864-437-8029
post #13 of 17 Old 04-17-2013, 01:47 PM
Granite Guru

RK 2.5 with .5 spacer in front on 2012 JKUS on 35's.

Same lift with rubicon wheels/tires.

post #14 of 17 Old 05-29-2015, 10:31 AM
Wheeler

lets bump this back up... has anyone else added .5" spacers front and rear to a stock mod lift? i corrected my castor with adjustable ball joints and have no wandering steering whatsoever, and its on the road 99% of the time, post pictures if you got them

'12 JKU Rubicon | RK 2.5" Stock Mod w/ .5" TeraFlex Spacers | Bilsteins 5100s | 4.10s | AEV Pintlers | 35x12.5R17 Mickey Thompson Baja ATZs | Rancho Drop Brackets | Superchips FlashPAQ
post #15 of 17 Old 11-18-2015, 04:18 PM

RK coils

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjeeper10 View Post
RK 2.5's on a 2 door. RR front bumper only
Attachment 65682
Hey Kjeeper10. Are those RK 03100/03101 coils?
post #16 of 17 Old 11-18-2015, 04:49 PM
JKO Addict!

2.5 4 door / 3.5 2 door coils. I just responded to you on JKF too lol

post #17 of 17 Old 11-19-2015, 04:54 PM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNWFJ View Post
lets bump this back up... has anyone else added .5" spacers front and rear to a stock mod lift? i corrected my castor with adjustable ball joints and have no wandering steering whatsoever, and its on the road 99% of the time, post pictures if you got them
As long as you correct caster you will not have any issues. Smart move...

RK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode