Poison Spyder 50" LED Bar Mount Vibration - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 04-09-2013, 11:08 AM Thread Starter
aha

Poison Spyder 50" LED Bar Mount Vibration

Hey guys, I have the 50" LED Bar mount with a Rigid 50" E series bar on my Jeep. Since its been installed there is a vibration occurring over 60mph on the freeway. This vibration is coming from the passenger side of the vehicle.

Has anyone seen this issue before?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 04-09-2013, 01:00 PM
JKowners Vendor

We have seen something like this before. What the issue was with ours is that the rubber gasket was to long. The air was going between the frame and the mount, hitting the rubber gasket causing it to flop around. On the inside, sounded like a major vibration! Very big pain. When we installed it on our new 4dr, we cut the rubber gaskets way down and it seemed to fix this issue.

Now, we are getting a TON of noise from our stock soft top with the 50". We didnt have that issue on the older 2dr...

-Jason

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Phone: 864-437-8029
post #3 of 10 Old 04-09-2013, 01:55 PM Thread Starter
aha

Thanks Jason, I will try to cut the gasket down... the vibration is really loud and quite annoying
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 04-09-2013, 02:43 PM
JKowners Vendor

Yeah, I know! We found "ours" on the 10hr road trip to Jeep Beach last year at 2am! That will keep you up on the interstate!

-Jason

:

Phone: 864-437-8029
post #5 of 10 Old 04-09-2013, 03:43 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrawlOff-Road.com View Post
Yeah, I know! We found "ours" on the 10hr road trip to Jeep Beach last year at 2am! That will keep you up on the interstate!

-Jason
Hey, at least it kept you awake. When I reinstall mine I plan on using adhesive to attach the liner to the mounts but I am going to cut it so just the major pieces are in contact. The leftover space will be used to run the wiring under the mount.

Now onto a relevant question, single or double row? My single row has noticeable road noise at highway/interstate speed. Happened with both the factory soft top and trek top. Wiring is on the driver side on mine.
post #6 of 10 Old 04-09-2013, 08:39 PM
Wheeler

If it's a whining noise you can take about 2 inches of silicone in each of the heat sink gaps on both sides and it will go away. You will still have some noise but no whine.
post #7 of 10 Old 04-09-2013, 09:04 PM
Rock God

I've had to add some foam strips to my soft top on my four door. If you look there's a tab that rest on the soft top frame. It vibrates and rattles around 55+. Some weatherstripping made it go away.
post #8 of 10 Old 04-10-2013, 11:33 AM Thread Starter
aha

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrawlOff-Road.com View Post

-Jason
Yeah that will for sure keep you awake!

Mine is a E series so its a double row. I get that whine if I angle my LED into a certain position. If I point it slightly down from that position where it whine's the whine will go away. I too have the power cable on the drivers side.
post #9 of 10 Old 04-10-2013, 10:35 PM
Granite Guru

I had a hell of a noise coming off my light bar with the PSC mounts kinda like a whisle that would change pich at different speeds and found the fix was a cpl of strips of electrical tape wraped from the top fin to the bottom fin eliminated the noise!
post #10 of 10 Old 04-25-2013, 06:25 AM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to D5Fire

Just to update you guys, Rigid came up with a piece to fix the noise with the lightbar, just give them a call and they will mail you the new pieces, the only question asked is what is your address. Found out about it on one of the other places by accident, now Im just waiting on mine to show up.

Fortis cadere, cedere non potest

Poison Spyder BFH w/ trail stinger, custom rear BFH, crusher flares, rocker knockers, evap skid, hood louver. Rock Krawler 2.5 Max Travel, Teraflex rear tire carrier, River Raider cowl snorkel,Warn VR 10,000 lbs winch, sPod, Rigid 50"SR.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode