Engo Winch - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 04-08-2013, 12:54 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Engo Winch

So I today I tried to winch out some shrubbery with my E12000 winch. Soon as I plug it in apparently the in solenoid broke and it wouldn't spool in. I called Engo and explained to them that I only used it a handful of times on my 2 Dr jeep and it worked perfectly and that it's never been overused. After they confirmed I was the original owner even though it was out of warranty they are sending me a new box.

Props to Engo Winches for being customer friendly. My next winch will surely be Engo.

Sent from the WANTED man.

Jersey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Crew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 04-08-2013, 01:21 PM
Rock God

for the price i like my engo. ive only had to make a couple of pulls with it so far and its not terribly noisy or slow compared to bigger named stuff ive seen. glad they have good cust service too. for a budget winch i personally think engo is the way to go.
post #3 of 8 Old 04-08-2013, 02:15 PM
JKowners Vendor

X2! We have had great luck with their customer service. If any of our friends needed anything from ENGO, they are on it ASAP, no questions asked! We have seen better customer service dealing with issues than we have "other" name brand winches!

-Jason

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
:

Phone: 864-437-8029
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 04-08-2013, 07:45 PM
Granite Guru

Guy I wheel with runs an Engo. The winch killed it self mid pull up a trail. Gears grinding and popping and screaming. It sucked that it died but they hooked him up. He was willing to rebuild it instead of getting another winch. So they offered him the next size up motor, a rebuild kit, and a rebuild video. We pulled it apart had it back on the rig in less than 2 hours. Way to go ENGO. I run a Tmax, Warn, and used to have a Milmarker. Never had any of them bend over backwards to help.

78-79 hp 60, 5.38, spool, Reids, high steer
14 bolt, 5.38, Grizzly
37KM2s H2s "street" / 42 Iroks TR beadlocks "trail"
Redneck Ram
Ruff stuff steering
Hacked up Rubicon Express longarms
Welded on EVO corners
Hacked up JCR engine tranny skid
Trail Gear DIY sliders

BUILD THREAD

post #5 of 8 Old 04-08-2013, 07:57 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I have had my Engo 10k winch for about two years and have made about over a dozen pulls with no issues. Yes it is slow and noisy but I have made some hard pulls with it in various conditions and it has never let me down.

The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.-Thomas Paine

See Garage for Mods
post #6 of 8 Old 04-09-2013, 09:53 AM
Wheeler

I run an Engo...over the last 12 months ive used it way more than I wanted to. Probably 30 times. Never an issue, and never runs hot.
post #7 of 8 Old 04-09-2013, 02:08 PM
Rock God

This is all reassuring to me. Installed my Engo 10k in Nov, but didn't get a chance to use it until this last weekend. Made 2 pulls. Worked fine. Wasn't the fastest... but wasn't retardedly slow either.

2012 Silver JKU Rubicon
5 speed auto, 4.10s

For all your protection needs:

M101 trailer, RTT, Awning, etc
5 wide Little Guy Rough Rider Teardrop
post #8 of 8 Old 04-09-2013, 02:38 PM
Wheeler

Just installed my Engo a couple weeks ago. Performed a test pull up my driveway using my wife's car and my son on the brakes. Worked great, fast, and loud but glad I purchased it. Glad to hear about the great customer service!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode